VGC Community Create-a-Team - Check post #280 [RMT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm leaning towards Milotic and Abomasnow, I can think of some nice Pokémon to add to that combo.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Going to leave the voting open for another 24 hours. After that I will add up the votes and we will move on to the next step.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Here are the final tallies for our core:

Lucario and Dragonite 3

Gallade and Jellicent 1

Azelf and Gengar 2

Tornadus and Mienshao 0

Rotom-W and Tyranitar 3

Latias and Breloom 9

Abomasnow and Milotic 14

Metagross and Gengar 1

Breloom and Hariyama 1

Reuniclus and Scrafty 0

Latias and Spinda 11

Slowking and Gastrodon 0

Archeops and Terrakion 0

Hitmontop and Dragonite 0

Gallade and Salamence 0

Tyranitar and Claydol 0

Abomasnow and Milotic was the big winner and with that we proceed onto step 2, deciding the type of team we want to create.

While not all styles of play will seem to fit our core, I feel this is a pretty comprehensive list of the current styles.

As a reminder, here are the Pokemon we will be building around and their items and movesets:

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 12 HP / 248 SAtk / 248 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sheer Cold

Milotic @ Water Gem
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Scald
- Hail
- Protect
And now your choices, please BOLD VOTE the type of team we want to fit these two into. Only vote for one.

Goodstuff - A general compilation of Pokemon with no inherent strategy, but work well together

Trick Room - A slow team that takes advantage of the move Trick Room with bulky, slow Pokemon

Sun - A team centered around the Ability Drought and the move Sunny Day with other Abilities like Chlorophyll and Solar Power

Hail - A team centered around the Ability Snow Warning and the move Hail with other Abilities like Snow Cloak providing boosts and residual damage

Sand - A team centered around the Ability Sandstream and the move Sandstorm with Rock type Pokemon and Pokemon with the Abilities Sand Rush and Sand Force

Rain - A team centered around the Ability Drizzle and the move Rain Dance to take advantage of various abilities and Pokemon

Tailwind - A team similar to Goodstuff but heavily reliant upon Tailwind to get its attackers faster than the opponent

________ - Your own idea of a style not mentioned here

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Goodstuff

seems like a logical play style for this couple. Lots of strong mons to work with these guys.

edit: aww fuck it paul, I won't vote for goodstuff, but fuck hail, Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)