VGC Community Create-a-Team - Check post #280 [RMT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's Go Fast Room! Let's use slow Tailwind with Scizor and Trick Room allies.
Not an option

Let's go with Hail

I'm actually going to change my vote to Hail. Having played with a pseudo hail team for Regionals, this seems like a pretty cool core to work off on. Maybe even incorporate Trick Room somewhere.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Hail

Although 616 the maker of the core stated this was made for goodstuff, hail is arguably the worst weather next to sun(or a little better). I'd like to see something good come out for hail.

sandstorm

yes. molitic and abomasnow do much to counter-counter-sandstorm in ways such as providing useful resistances and a solution to rain.

Goodstuff

Seriously, what else is there with this core? (maybe hail, but no Milo for that)

Just saw the sets. Changing my vote to Hail. Sets seem more designed for that kind of team. Goodstuffs wouldn't be ideal

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Final tallies for team style:

Rain 2
Goodstuff 22
Hail 18
Tailwind 1
Sandstorm 1

Goodstuff was the winner by a fairly slim margin! So now we move on to step 3, selecting Pokemon that go good with our current core and the playstyle.

To refresh your memory.

Our core is:

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 12 HP / 248 SAtk / 248 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sheer Cold

Milotic @ Water Gem
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Scald
- Hail
- Protect
And our playstyle is:

Goodstuff - A general compilation of Pokemon with no inherent strategy, but work well together

Now for step 3 we select Pokemon that work well around our Pokemon and fit the team style, so for this step, nominate any number of Pokemon you feel fits our core well and explain why you think so. Make sure it isn't just theorymon and it is a totally viable Pokemon for this team. After a few days we will put the Pokemon to a vote and the one with the most votes will be added to our team.

Chandelure and Hitmontop spring to mind; more specifically, Bulky Trick Room Chandelure and Technitop. Chandelure doesn't necessarily need to have min speed for Trick Room, since it's mostly going to spam (hopefully) Flash Fire boosted Heat Waves and reverse Trick Room if necessary. It also makes a good switch in for Abomasnow, since it's not going to want to eat Fighting and Fire moves. Hitmontop makes a good Wide Guard user in general, and since 2 of our Pokemon are weak to Rock Slide, I'd say such support is welcomed. I'll hold off on my suggestion for the 3rd 'mon for now.

EDIT because of post 122:

Chandelure @ Resist Berry Rock/Ground
Modest | Flash Fire
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

Heat Wave
Shadow Ball
Trick Room
Protect

Hitmontop @ Fight Gem / Life Orb
Adamant | Technician
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Mach Punch
Sucker Punch
Fake Out
Wide Guard

Gallade (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Helping Hand
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect

Abomasnow really appreciates gallade to get rid of rock, steel and fightiing types and helping hand helps it get crutial KOs to pokemon such as yachechomp and zapdos.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Here's a cool mon to throw in the mix:

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Blizzard
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Surprisingly he works really well with being paired with these two with defensive and some offensive synergy between them. To take advantage of the hail already set by snow(This isn't a Hail team though) You can abuse Blizzard to be able get some strong kills. Nidoking can handle Pokemon like Steel- and Rock-types for snow.

I'm gonna have to second lucariojr's Chandy set. It works quite well with this duo and I can only see maybe Jellicent being able to the same job. With it, you pretty much have the opponent not wanting to spam Heat Wave, because he/she doesn't want you to get the boosts. There is more I could mention, but lets get some more community suggestions people!!!!

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

Compliments both Milotic and Abomasnow perfectly. STAB Meteor Mash helps with rock types which love facing Abomasnow as well as hitting hard anything that doesn't resist it. Protect is standard, Earthquake helps with other steels and Bullet Punch is there for priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)