VGC Community Create-a-Team - Check post #280 [RMT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A ChestoRest Cresselia set would be more beneficial, due to not many attacks which hit the partner mon (if any at all).

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think our team is still missing a reliable way to counter bulky water types, and we're also missing a nice Earthquake resist.

I think that either Zapdos or Rotom-W will fit the bill nicely.

My recommended Zapdos set is pretty standard:

Zapdos @ Charti Berry / Electric Gem (If we choose to use Charti on Chandelure, we'll have to use Electric Gem)
Modest Nature
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Heat Wave
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Detect / Tailwind

Pretty standard in what it does, strong Special Attack and great coverage makes it a staple in a lot of VGC teams. It also has good synergy with all our Pokemon, making it a nice safe pick.

My recommended Rotom-W set is:

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hydro Pump
~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire
~ Trick

Choice Specs might seem a little out of place, but Rotom-W hits incredibly hard with it. Gaining OHKOs that resist berries may have made it lose out on, denting bulkier Pokemon to make it easy to be finished off, Choice Specs gives Rotom a lot of uses despite the lack of versatility. Tricking Specs onto unsuspecting supporting Pokemon can also be very useful and can cripple that Pokemon for the entire game. I think Specs Rotom-W is a riskier pick compared to Zapdos, but it can get the job done if played right.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright team...

Makiri has gone on a hiatus, so I'll be taking over the rest of this CCAT. It's time for a very much overdue vote on the fifth member of this team. I'm sure you know the drill by now. Look over the nominations, and then post with your vote in bold. Voting will close on Wednesday 14th March at 11.59 EST. Don't forget to look back at the first post to check where we are with the team, if you've forgotten, as I know it's been a while since the last vote.

Anyhow, here are this weeks nominations.

Terrakion

Volcarona

Sableye

Virizion

Latios

Gastrodon

Jumpluff

Eelektross

Breloom

Rotom-W 1

Marowak

Ferrothorn

Musharna

Zapdos

Rotom-W 2

There's plenty to choose from there, so get voting, and the favourite will get added to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)