Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Electroweb
- Reflect
- Light Screen

With its monstrous base 200 Speed stat and access to dual screens, Regieleki has made a name for itself as a strong support choice in the VGC series 7 metagame. Electroweb allows its teammates often with middling Speed such as Urshifu-S to take advantage of the Gen 8 Speed mechanics. Volt Switch allows it to pivot out when in danger or keep offensive pressure while bringing an ally onto the field, as well as pressuring many Pokemon that do not resist its STAB moves such as Tapu Fini, which cannot do much back to Regieleki thanks to the damage reduction from dual screens. Maximum Speed investment is important for Speed ties against other Regieleki, as slowing opposing Regieleki down can allow your partner to attack them before they set up a screen. Bulkier offensive Pokemon like Tapu Fini appreciate dual screens, while Electroweb can give them a chance at moving first. Unfortunately, this set does not have room for Protect, creating a weakness to Fake Out.

Last edited:

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add
Remove (RC=Remove comma)
GP 1/1
once implemented
Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Electroweb
- Reflect
- Light Screen

With its Monstrous monstrous base 200 speed Speed stat and access to dual screens, Regieleki has made a name for itself as a strong support choice in the VGC series 7 metagame. Regieleki also gets the excellent support move Electroweb, which allows its teammates to take advantage of the new dynamic speed Speed mechanics. It also carries Volt Switch,(RC) allowing allows it to pivot out when in danger,(RC) or keeping or keep offensive pressure while allowing bringing an ally onto the field. Its pure Electric typing of pure electric allows and Transistor-boosted Volt Switch allow it to pressure many flying types Flying-types, which are common in the current metagame,(RC) through a STAB Volt Switch boosted by Transistor. Common partners to Regieleki include a wide variety of Trick Room setters, the most prominent being Dusclops, as well as Porygon2 and Cresselia. Dusclops in particular appreciates Regieleki's dual screens to get Trick Room activated, as it lacks a consistent recovery option. If dual screens are not required, it can Volt Switch out directly into a trick room Trick Room sweeper immediately, keeping constant pressure on the opponent. Another great partner is Metagross, which can be super hard to remove with dual screens support in conjunction with Dynamax. Metagross's speed Speed tier leaves much to be desired, and as such, it appreciates Electroweb support.

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add (AC=Add comma)
Remove (RC=Remove comma)
Comments

Please implement using this guide, I will give this a final look once you have.
Regieleki @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Electroweb
- Reflect
- Light Screen

With its monstrous base 200 Speed stat and access to dual screens, Regieleki has made a name for itself as a strong support choice in the VGC series 7 metagame. Using the move Electroweb,(RC) it allows its teammates often with middling speed teammates Speed such as Urshifu (specify which form of Urshifu you're referring to, either Urshifu-S or Urshifu-R) to take advantage of the gen Gen 8 Speed mechanics. Volt Switch allows it to pivot out when in danger or keep offensive pressure while bringing an ally onto the field. It's Its Transistor-boosted Volt Switch allows it to pressure many Pokemon that do not resist its STAB moves. Unboosted Tapu Fini has very little ways to touch Regieleki, and in return deals tons of damage with its attacks, making it the perfect check. (This sentence feels completely off to me, I'd suggest combining how Regieleki is the perfect check to Tapu Fini in the previous sentence, where you mention Pokemon that do not resist its STAB moves) Max speed Maximum Speed investment is important for speedties Speed ties against other Regieleki,(AC) as slowing them down can prevent a screen from activating them from setting a screen. Trick Room setters like Dusclops,(RC) in particular,(RC) enjoy what dual screens offer, aiding them the ability to get in getting a Trick Room off safely. Regieleki can also Volt Switch out directly into a Trick Room sweeper, keeping constant pressure on the opponent. Unfortunately, this set does not have room for Protect, creating a weakness to Fake Out.

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Hi Walrain and joey hassam!
So, moderators have discussed this further and we think the spotlight needs some adjustaments.

-First: "Volt Switch allows it to pivot out when in danger or keep offensive pressure while bringing an ally onto the field. Its Transistor-boosted Volt Switch allows it to pressure many Pokemon that do not resist its STAB moves such as Tapu Fini, which cannot do much back to Regieleki.
The wording here seems a bit weird; after talking with Milak, this could be reworded in "Volt Switch allows it to pivot out when in danger or keep offensive pressure while bringing an ally onto the field, as well as pressuring many Pokémon that do not resist it STAB moves such as Tapu Fini, which cannot do much back to Regieleki, thanks to the Transistor boost.

Some comments about the above point:
[15:51:39] Yuichi: i feel like
[15:51:41] Yuichi: as well as pressuring many Pokémon that do not resist it STAB moves such as Tapu Fini, which cannot do much back to Regieleki,
[15:51:45] Yuichi: this part is a bit redundant
[15:53:33] Yuichi: Volt Switch allows it to pivot out when in danger and also retain some offensive pressure against Pokemon such as Tapu Fini and Thundurus, which cannot do much back to Regieleki
[15:53:47] Yuichi: something like that feels a bit better

Up to ya really to decide on that!

-Second: many Pokemon that do not resist its STAB moves such as Tapu Fini, which cannot do much back to Regieleki.
Choice Specs Fini (while not super common - pinch berry Calm Mind is more common) deals a lot of damage to Regieleki, so I suppose, when you were writing "cannot do much back", you meant something like behind the screens or when screens have been set up.

-Third: Is important for Speed ties against other Regieleki, as slowing them down can prevent them from setting a screen.
This isn't entirely correct; the point is to help Regieleki's partner to outspeed opposing Regieleki immediately. Opposing Regieleki's screens aren't a primary concern; while it's probably the most common one as of lately, there's also the Choice Specs variant, but it's not 100% relevant here; the important is that you slow opposing Regieleki down to outspeed it immediately.

[16:00:09] Yuichi: yea definitely
[16:00:15] Yuichi: like slowing them down for ur own mon
[16:00:18] Yuichi: is the more important part

-Fourth: The line about Dusclops seems kinda... off? It doesn't seem to connect to the other information provided by the spotlight; also, are Dusclops and Trick Room the only which takes advantage from screens? Is there any other example you could possibily list? If so, which ones?

[15:54:56] Yuichi: i think regieleki on semiroom w clops is kinda [15:54:59] Yuichi: awkward [15:54:59] Yuichi: idk [15:55:15] Yuichi: like its not the kind of team archetype that usually comes to mind when thinkng of regieleki [15:55:37] Yuichi: i think itll be good to just mention fatter bulky offense teams that needs a little bit of push w fast electro web in general

Let's fix the above points, give it a final QC and possibly Milak double check if this is good to go grammar-wise.
Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for your hard work! I'm available if you have any concern or question.

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I have implemented the changes, but I have not received a new QC yet
Apologies for my negligence to respond here. I’ve responded in our discord with some notes but to reiterate:

I’m not a huge fan of the 252/252 spread as I feel it ignores the potential for serious bulk for eleki. The max speed is mostly unneeded beyond the 255 benchmark. This gives more room for bulk and in our discord I’ve shared a spread of:

156 Hp, 28 def, 228 spa, 4 spdef, and 92spe timid. Which 2hkos standard fini with either a combo of eweb/volt switch or two volt switch without activating either a sitrus berry or wiki berry, respectively. Additionally it survives a choice band urshifu sucker punch prior to screens. Beyond those calcs, I don’t have much else beyond the fact that 92 speed timid outspeeds adamant max speed Dracovish with sand rush, and the Hp number is a 16n-1 efficiency key to minimize damage from sandstorm, hail, burn, leech seed, and regular poison damage.

let me know what your thoughts on this are and we will go from there!

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Apologies for my negligence to respond here. I’ve responded in our discord with some notes but to reiterate:

I’m not a huge fan of the 252/252 spread as I feel it ignores the potential for serious bulk for eleki. The max speed is mostly unneeded beyond the 255 benchmark. This gives more room for bulk and in our discord I’ve shared a spread of:

156 Hp, 28 def, 228 spa, 4 spdef, and 92spe timid. Which 2hkos standard fini with either a combo of eweb/volt switch or two volt switch without activating either a sitrus berry or wiki berry, respectively. Additionally it survives a choice band urshifu sucker punch prior to screens. Beyond those calcs, I don’t have much else beyond the fact that 92 speed timid outspeeds adamant max speed Dracovish with sand rush, and the Hp number is a 16n-1 efficiency key to minimize damage from sandstorm, hail, burn, leech seed, and regular poison damage.

let me know what your thoughts on this are and we will go from there!
The spread was approved beforehand, it could definitely be customized but max max was deemed a good spread when speed ties are a possibility (I'm pretty sure max max was the spread that got used by most screen elekis in the early tours, too?). If you think it's important, we can change it, but otherwise it might be better to focus on the spotlight to try and get this done asap.

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
The spread was approved beforehand, it could definitely be customized but max max was deemed a good spread when speed ties are a possibility (I'm pretty sure max max was the spread that got used by most screen elekis in the early tours, too?). If you think it's important, we can change it, but otherwise it might be better to focus on the spotlight to try and get this done asap.
This being said, I’m fine with the redux. Short and sweet and I’m general showcases a really unique VGC role.

QC 1/1.

Milak

Stoïque fierté
Add
Remove (RC=Remove comma)
Comments
GP 1/1

Regieleki @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Electroweb
- Reflect
- Light Screen

With its monstrous base 200 Speed stat and access to dual screens, Regieleki has made a name for itself as a strong support choice in the VGC series 7 metagame. Electroweb allows its teammates often with middling Speed such as Urshifu-S to take advantage of the Gen 8 Speed mechanics. Volt Switch allows it to pivot out when in danger or keep offensive pressure while bringing an ally onto the field, as well as pressuring many Pokémon Pokemon that do not resist it its STAB moves such as Tapu Fini, which cannot do much back to Regieleki,(RC) thanks to the extra defenses (Light Screen and Reflect don't increase defenses) damage reduction from dual screens. Maximum Speed investment is important for Speed ties against other Regieleki, as slowing opposing Regieleki down can allow your partner to attack them before a screen goes up they set up a screen. Bulkier offensive pokemon Pokemon like Tapu Fini appreciate dual screens, while Electroweb can give it them a chance at going moving first. Unfortunately, this set does not have room for Protect, creating a weakness to Fake Out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)