Project VGC Teambuilding Competition - Week 15 (almost here) - Building (undetermined)

1636261502669.png

I'm back guys! As I mentioned in the post above, Evelyie really carried this project while I was gone, so thank you eve. Life stuff got in the way really, school n' shit, but that's not what I'm here for. I'm here to announce, the official re-opening of TBC! Would've done this at a more reasonable time of the day but I'm addicted to watching sports so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Anyhow, this week we'll be kicking off the new season with an easier mon to build around, you could say. It's everyone's favorite sword wielding dog, the Warrior Pokémon itself, Zacian!
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 1.16.48 AM.png

There will be many more bad 1 in the morning drawings from where this came from.

You have til Friday at midnight (EST) to submit your team. Hf everyone!

my dumbass is here again and i present to you

I Don't Know What To Name This Team
i will happily steal any suggestions
since i am very lazy to put the sprites of the pokemon, i'll be doing the usual stupid description. yes i'm doing this for every submission i make and you can't stop me

Ofc its a fairy steel type
I didn't think I could actually build a Zacian team, considering that I thought you could just squish in Zacian in any team and it'd be good. Turns out I was dead wrong as expected, and decided to just take a crack at it. Though in the end this is the classic Zacian set with Imprison, since cmon, it's funny to see the opposing Zacian spam Substitute because it can't do anything else.

No Beep Beep Jokes
Whimsicott will always be an amazing support, but it can also be an effective special attacker. Moonblast is always in its set, but Grass Knot can damage Kyogre a lot to help its teammates finish the job. I used to have Switcheroo to switch Eject Button with the opposing pokemon to cancel their Dynamax, but that took way too much prediction. So Helping Hand was the better choice. Oh, and Tailwind is self-explanatory.

Did anyone know it has a Knife on its tail? Me neither.
I've seen Cinderace in VGC teams, I've obviously seen Rillaboom in VGC teams, but where's Inteleon huh. Where's the love for the sniper boi. Despite the fact it can be defeated with a stiff breeze is quite bad, but it's speed and special attack definitely makes it up. Sniper is such a good ability with Snipe Shot and Razor Claw, and it has good coverage that Focus Energy isn't worth it.
Or you could assume that this is biased. which i won't deny

A floating metal bamboo
It's amazing bulk and special attack was what drew me in, along with the always useful Wide Guard. Honestly you can use Life Orb for Celesteela since there's only one move in the set that isn't an attacking move, but I stuck with Leftovers. Either way, Celesteela may not appear much in a lot of battles but it's an appreciated team member. And it works well against Trick Room teams.

I can't even use its shiny
Urshifu with that huge damage output is amazing. I honestly thought of whether to have Urshifu Rapid Strike instead, but settled with normal Urshifu since I already have water coverage. And I needed something to deal with Calyrex-S and Solageo anyway. There's not really much to say here about it.

He just wants some tea
Torkoal seems like a weird choice here, but it's actually pretty useful against certain matchups. Most notably, Trick Room Calyrex-I. It'll always be slower than them, and will blast off a Heat Wave or Max Flare on them. Opposing Torkoal also need to watch out for Earth Power . And body Press can be changed with Yawn too. When both Torkoal and Celesteela are together on the field in Trick Room, it's a great sight.

Overall i'm pretty proud with the team i made this time. Though to be fair it's probably still subpar and could be made better, but i'm satisfied.

:sm/zacian-crowned: :sm/goodra: :sm/rotom-wash: :sm/moltres-galar: :sm/incineroar: :sm/grimmsnarl:
Goodra Bulky Offense
:zacian-crowned:
Standard gooddest VGC doggo, rowch. I decided to give her Helping Hand to boost our sweepers here, the rest is quite standard.

:goodra:
Since Zacian-C is a Fairy- and Steel-type, I'm a fan of adding a Dragon-type most of the types. I wanted to explore Goodra due to Sap Sipper draining Venusaur's attacks and being able to tear it down with Max Flare, while also threatening other threats like Landorus-T with Ice Beam and Incineroar with Max Geyser. Its Speed allows it to outspeed paralyzed Calyrex-S.

:rotom-wash:
Rotom-W's job here is to help on the Kyogre / LapDog / Coalossal matchups, since those worry me a bit. It's quite bulk under Grimmsnarl's screens.

:moltres-galar:
I was quite worried about Dragapult, so I added the dark bird as a counter. Not much else that to be honest.

:incineroar: :grimmsnarl:
Just a bit to the defensive backbone of the team. All my mons like the screen support from Grimmsnarl, could use Intimidate against threats like opposing Zacian-C and Groudon;

and that's it thanks for reading, paste in the sprites :)

:Zacian-Crowned: :Lapras-Gmax: :Thundurus: :Rillaboom: :Regidrago: :Incineroar:

I have awakened from my slumber and procrastination to bring you fine VGC content today and onward, here I present to you LapDog Remastered (many more creative and affective teams shall come later).

Paste: My LapDog Team

Zacian-Crowned is simple and the pokemon I will be using today, since it is early meta, I will use a simple set of 252 and 252.

Lapras has set invested for Grassy Terrain and EV bumps, I used the remaining because it is a waste of time finding what the final EVs are useful for. The team can become bulky with Aurora Veil which benefits especially Regidrago.

Thundy has a standard set for the main reason that of Zacian and is used to abuse Intimidate from Incineroar.

Rillaboom offers Grassy Terrain and notable resist to some pokemon which Incineroar offers Intimidate for the whole team which again benefits Regidrago.

Regidrago is a great special attacker which gets supported by the teammates stated above, a Dragon type is great for resisting notable type matchups, and that Regidrago keeps the fast pace of the team maintained.

That's all, I hope you enjoy my team and have a great day!

B > C
yea just like evelyie idk if my votes would mess it up because we only have 3 teams, so yea uh, if we're supposed to have 3 votes then my team is voted last for me :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)