Project VGC Teambuilding Competition - Week 15 (almost here) - Building (undetermined)

ok let go over the team https://pokepast.es/42109d3cf6ca7529
815-gi.png
892-rgi.png
143-gi.png
togekiss.gif
tapu-fini.png
645-t.png

Cinderace-Gmax @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Libero it is big cause it is my dmax mon
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Pyro Ball
- Bounce
- Iron Head
this man is the pair for the water bear with the weakness polciy it is like umm coalassol with no steam enigine it is so strong when it gets it boost
and yes like take a look at water bear
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike-Gmax @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat
- Detect
- Surging Strikes
we have the sash we need to get in the aqua jet and to suprise win we have gmax so lol
Snorlax-Gmax @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Body Press
- Darkest Lariat
- Belly Drum
it just a snolrlax but better
Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
togekiss is the pair for snorlax and if they ohko all our mons and we only have togekiss i did not make in full support in my teams full supourt is not that good cause the full support teand to be more def and hp so they last longer with and the be ur last mon to fight vs a full team
Tapu Fini @ Life Orb
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
tapu fini our clean up mon if it gets in one calm mind in is a beast beast boostt lol \
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Extrasensory and lando it is the pair for tapu fini one bulk up it sweeps with tapu fini
so hope you like this team stay safe

Attachments

Last edited:
Dancing in the Rain, or in the Sun

When I first saw that we would be building with Urshifu, I remembered a "meme" that I was joking around, that being Utility Umbrella Urshifu-R. Why that? Because first of all, you can dish out full power critical hits even in the Sun. And since Urshifu's G-Max Rapid Flow didn't set weather, I saw the opportunity to finally play around with it. So, as I said, my starting point was Urshifu-R and Venusaur-Torkoal

Teambuilding Proccess
So, the first thing I noticed with my Urshifu core was that opposing Sun, principally Charizard, was such a bad match-up. Second of all, since I did want to run Urshifu as a Dynamax Target, I needed at least some good Speed Control. I decided to go Landorus-T and Grimmsnarl. Landorus-T could break through all Flying-types I was struggling with and Grimmsnarl helped me even more with Scary Face. I just added Porygon 2 in for the last slot because I was struggling against Hyper Offensive teams.

The Team

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike-Gmax @ Utility Umbrella
EVs: 4 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Aerial Ace
- Close Combat
- Protect
Since I was running Urshifu as a Dynamax focus sometimes, I saw no reason to put Aerial Ace. Max Airstream is the most broken Dynamax move, so why not?

Venusaur-Gmax @ Coba Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 172 HP / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Sleep Powder
Here is my Venusaur set, 92 Speed with a Modest nature allowed me to always outspeed Dragapult in sun.

Torkoal @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drought
EVs: 244 HP / 156 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Burning Jealousy
- Body Press
- Yawn
- Protect
The reason why I chose defensive Torkoal even with P2 in my team was because I was lacking support. I think Yawn-spam is incredibly good and I wanted to abuse that to force switches, although Tapu Fini is a bit of an issue regarding it.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fly
- Protect
Here is my Landorus-T set, I decided to go Life Orb so I could consistently deny things like Thundurus and Zapdos.

Grimmsnarl-Gmax (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Scary Face
- Spirit Break
Standard Grimmsnarl set, went very physically defensive once again because I wanted to have a better time against Thundurus.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244 HP / 84 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
My last spot, P2 helped me with H.O, closed the SunRoom core and allowed me to play safer against Trick Room

I know some of you might think I submitted this team very early on the week, but I had most of the ideas and the team done on my head, so I just had to put them down in. And that's it for today! Thanks for reading, and good luck to all the other competitors!

Is water wet? I know this team is: https://pokepast.es/d093d6ea38f53e01

:Urshifu-rapid-strike-gmax: :Weakness-policy:
Here's the star of the show, and personally my favorite gen 8 pokemon. I wanted to do something original, so I chose Weakness Policy. Surging Strikes and Close Combat are for STAB. I chose Detect over Protect, because it's better. I chose Coaching for the reason of Comfey needing a defense boost to survive a max Steelspike from a +2 Metagross, and Marowak also benefiting from an attack boost.

:Zapdos: :Safety-goggles:
I was thinking about Urshifu weaknesses, and Sun was a big one. Safety Goggles is the item, so I won't get put to sleep, and also immunity to Rage Powder. Protect is on there because it's VGC. Thunder and Hurricane are there for STAB. Heat Wave is there for the Steel types that can wall Zapdos.

:Whimsicott: :Focus-Sash:
I think I've been using Whims since S5. Focus Sash is there because Whimsicott isn't the most Bulky. Fake Tears is very good Zapdos support. Tailwind is good support all around. Taunt is there because Amoonguss. Moonblast is there because I didn't want it to have all my friends are dead syndrome. The EVs allow it to KO max Urshifu dark.

:Comfey: :Babiri-berry:
I was stuck on the first three for the longest, and was gonna use Sylveon. Babiri Berry is to survive metagross. Ally Switch is to cheese someone. Floral Healing is to further support Urshifu. Draining Kiss is to activate Urshifu's Weakness Policy. Trick room is there just in case I need to reverse it.

:Marowak-alola: :Thick-club:
I needed a fire type, mainly to counter Rillaboom, and also because I couldn't rely on Urshifu to beat Metagross. Thick Club makes Marowak's attack a base 212, which is technically the highest in the game. Detect is there because it's VGC. Poltergeist is there because Shadow Bone was missing out on a lot of KO's, and STAB. Bonemerang is amazing Coverage. Flare Blitz is there because STAB.

:Politoed: :Rindo-berry:
I was really contemplating doing this, because I do have Marowak, but Sun is a big problem for Urshifu. Rindo berry allows it to survive things like choice banded Grassy Glide from Rillaboom, and max Overgrowth from Coalossal. Icy Wind is for speed control. Helping Hand is because it can come in clutch. Scald is for STAB, and burning physical attackers. I was gonna use Protect instead of Perish Song, but realized nobody really targeted Politoed.

Hi Guys today I’m going to show you my Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Team:psyglad:

BA92EC9A-0A60-4A0F-900A-C3B81FE46D2B.png
E39A85A9-C34B-437C-806C-A762D7AB20BA.pngF20716BD-40BF-47CE-9AA0-9389546C9478.png1621913963508.png1621914251195.png1621914567235.png

Importable

F20716BD-40BF-47CE-9AA0-9389546C9478.pngE39A85A9-C34B-437C-806C-A762D7AB20BA.pngBA92EC9A-0A60-4A0F-900A-C3B81FE46D2B.pngTeam BreakdownE39A85A9-C34B-437C-806C-A762D7AB20BA.pngBA92EC9A-0A60-4A0F-900A-C3B81FE46D2B.png
F20716BD-40BF-47CE-9AA0-9389546C9478.png

"The L.U.V. Core"
This core started with the “U” Urshifu, Urshifu is very weak to the ever-present sun. Adding the “V”(Volcorona) allows for redirection and Sun control (only against Venusuar), Lastly I add Tapu Lele “L” with Taunt to stop tr from going up (most of the time) or to shut down Clefairy and Amoonguss.

(The Next Breakdowns cover only the LUV cores interaction)

Tapu Lele somehow synergies with Urshifu-Water hitting poison and hard Physically defendive Pokémon, add Taunt and a pinch berry Lele is shutting down p2, clef, amoonguss, dusclops, and others. And it’s not only shutting down pokemon, Lele with its 130 base spA screws over Pokémon like metagross with its insanely powerful shadow balls and putting every Pokémon that can’t resist it’s STABS into range of a Urshifu Surging Strikes or one of Volcorona’s Stabs (That it can’t shut down with taunt). Not to Mention Volcorona stops the steel types that try to attack Lele, with either a Stab overheat or some redirection.

Well, Here’s the star or the show, Water Urshifu a Physical Attacker that works well with its partners : Volcorona, and Tapu Lele anything that one of these 3 can’t hit Lele shuts down. Water Urshifu hits : Steel, Normal, Dark, Rock, Ground, Ice, and Fire. While Tapu Lele and Volcorona hit MOST other types super-effectively. When not paired with Lele Urshifu can fire off powerful Aqua Jets, and when suns around Volc Crushes the common Venu.

Volcorona is here to really shut down Venusuar, sadly it only shuts down Venusuar and Not Zard but it does have something Rotom-Heat Doesn’t have Redirection as I said earlier it eats up (tbh not that well if physical) steel attack that might want to go into The Lele Slot and even better eats up a grass attack from Venu or Rilla. LUV each other :blobthumbsup:

"Normal Interactions" This section will cover the other synergetic parts of the team.
Lele is EVed to under speed Thievul so that it can Fake Tears/Mud Shot, besides that thievul can taunt opposing tr setter's while Lele Attacks the abuser.

Rillaboom & Thievul have the most synergeticcombonation since thievul is unburdened it is free too Mud Shot/Howl/Taunt opposing Mons. Urshifu-Rapid is Adamant too underspeed Burdened Thievul so it can Howl for it, Lando can effectively get a D(ragon)Dance in 1 turn with Max airstream + Howl.

This one is pretty simple, Volcorona rage powder's to redirect hits and allow Lando to get a semi-free Swords Dance. This Team Outside of the LUV Core is quite bland so :blobuwu:

"General Move/Ev/Nature/Mon Breakdowns"

BA92EC9A-0A60-4A0F-900A-C3B81FE46D2B.png
1621912144403.png

Moves :
Surging Strikes
Close Combat
Aqua Jet
Detect
EVS : 252 Attack / 4 SpDef / 252 Speed
Adamant
Pretty General WaterShifu set barring the Adamant Nature which is here to ensure Urshifu is getting outspeed by thievul and getting nice juicy Howl Boosts.

F20716BD-40BF-47CE-9AA0-9389546C9478.png
1621912650272.png

Moves :
Moonblast
Taunt
Shadow Ball
Psychic
EVS : 132 Hp/ 172 SpAttack / 208 Speed
Timid
This set is pretty standard as well Psychic over Psyshock Cause the lack of SpA Evs/Modest really makes me need extra power. Taunt is for shutting down walls that Lele and Friends can't break. Once again the speed evs are there for just barely underspeeding Thievul Without unburden.

E39A85A9-C34B-437C-806C-A762D7AB20BA.png
1621913384466.png

Moves :
Overheat
Struggle Bug
Rage Powder
Bug Buzz
EVS : 44 Hp / 212 SpAttack / 252 Speed
Timid
I really like overheat more than Heat wave since it dents maxed Venu much harder than a normal spread Heat wave, heck if u wanna take out the venu so badly (especially max venu) it is definitely worth it to max Volcorona. Struggle Bug and Rage Powder are for Support Options and Overheat and Bug Buzz are powerfull stabs.

1621913963508.png
1621913979915.png

Moves :
Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Fly
EVS : 76 Hp / 180 Attack / 252 Speed
Jolly
After a Swords Dance/Howl Boost + Max Airstream boost this becomes so threatening, with Rock Slide,Eq, and Fly Landosus ohkos so much and anything it doesn't it leaves in range for teammates.

1621914251195.png
1621914270910.png

Moves :
Taunt
Fake Tears
Mud Shot
Howl
EVS : 132 Hp / 124 Def / 252 Spe
Timid
This is another star of the team after the LUV core, it boosts landosus, water shifu, and rilla's attacking stats while lowering SpDef for Volc and Lele Thievul just synergizes very nicely with the LUV core and the rest of my team.

1621914567235.png
1621914607272.png

Moves :
Fake Out
Grassy Glide
Superpower
Knock Off
EVS : 204 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant
The attacking set I just love right now especially as a maxing option Max attack rilla at +1 firing off 200 bp stab moves is no joke. This is a back up for Landosus tbh and completes a FRG Core.

Sorry for no random scarf Pokemon today UWU. I'm really happy with this teams results. Thanks for reading cya guys :psyglad:

When Humans stop abusing monkeys :blobwizard:

Last edited:
:ss/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/Zapdos: :ss/Clefable: :ss/Excadrill: :ss/Ferrothorn:
https://pokepast.es/adcd6810a3d5c25e
The idea of this team was Ttar plus Urshifu. Tyranitar checks opposing Flying types for Urshifu and Urshifu checks pokemon like Landorus-T, Incineroar, and Urshifu for Tyranitar. Excadrill on sand can check Flyers as well as Regieleki for Urshifu-r and appreciates Urshifu's its ability to slam Landorus-t. Urshifu is also capable of better checking opposing Urshifu-S and Kartana with the Choice Scarf i gave it whom are threatening to this sand team

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Choice Scarf:
I chose Choice Scarf on Urshifu mainly for the purpose of checking opposing Urshifu-S and Kartana but it can also act as a general safety net vs pokemon like Landorus-T after they boosted their speed.
:Tyranitar: :Focus Sash:
Tyranitar is able to check Flyers for Urshifu-R check Spectrier and has good synergy with Zapdos. i Chose Focus Sash Taunt Tyranitar so it could take any one hit and get its Taunt or attack off reliably.

:Zapdos: :safety goggles:
Zapdos is pretty good on sand as usuall checking Urshifu grass and water-types. I chose it over Thundurus having Heat Wave helps primarily vs Bulky Steels like Ferrothorn, Kartana, and Metagross helped even further with Helping Hand and Follow Me Babiri Berry from Clefable to protect it from the Steels.

:Clefable: :Babiri Berry:
Clefable provides redirection and a fighting resist for this team which is super valuble foe the fighting weak pokemon of this team. Babiri Berry Improves its Matchup vs Steel-types where as Clefairy would die on one hit especailly helpful for this team as Metagross could be an issue. Unaware also helps vs set up Pokemon mainly Nasty Plot rotom-w, Shell Smash Blastoise, and Swords Dance Garchomp.

:Excadrill: :Weakness Policy:
I myself am loving Swords Dance Weakness Policy Excadrill. On this team Excadrill is able to check Regieleki Glastrier with Redirection and be generally powerful in sand. Follow Me allows me to afford Rock Slide and Swords Dance on the same set without a Focus Sash. Excadrill matches up positivly vs many Flying types like Zapdos and Thundurus which Urshifu of course appreciates.

:Ferrothorn: :Leftovers:
I Wanted a Glastrier check that could handle Water-types i chose Ferrothorn for that reason. Power Whip is run over leech seed to actually threaten water type. this is good to immediately pressure pokemon like Nasty Plot Rotom-W and Shell Smash Blastoise. You want to immediately threaten them as those pokemon threaten this team.
EDIT : Missed opportunity to name the team OU sand

Last edited:
Hey guys! Despite getting like 3 votes last week I'm back here again with a team that is pure heat. Introducing:
Bonk, Set, Spike
https://pokepast.es/994bf6d3e8ce3b57
WP Landorus: The main Dynamax option for the team. Standard set, but with Protect, because it is not AV or Scarf locked. The main idea here is to max, get WP procced by Urshifu, and boost up it and its teammates with Quake/Airstream, while bonking everything in its path.
AV Urshifu-rapid: The other main source of offense on the team. 252 HP EVs + Assault vest + max Quake SpDef boosts from Landorus = more bulk than Incineroar. It can use Aqua Jet to proc the WP on Landorus, and Airstream boosts make up for the lack of speed investment. Surging Strikes hits really hard, and it can come in clutch by living hits that most builds die to.
Focus Sash Regieleki: I originally wanted a normal screens support set, until I realized that Regieleki learns Screech, and my team is built around physical attackers. It was here that the volleyball pun inspiration first came from, when I realized that Regi could "set" up its teammates with Screech. Electroweb is a standard form of speed control.
Choice Scarf Naganadel: This mon isn't used very often, but that doesn't change the fact that it hits HARD. I went with modest Nature to give it a SpA Beat Boost, while still being very fast with Scarf. After getting a Beast Boost, Naga can sometimes Dynamax to break Scarf if needed, such as if I'm locked out of Sludge Bomb and the opponent brings in Tapu Fini, or if I'm locked into it against a Metagross or Registeel. I found myself maxing more than I thought I would, because these 4 moves on Naganadel can hit most of the metagame for SE damage (Any Tapu, Rillaboom, Dragapault, Metagross, Indeedee, Amoonguss, Togekiss, Kartana, the list goes on and on) Snarl is damage reduction if Incin and Eleki stay on the bench.
Incin/Rilla: Not much to say here, just the standard sets on both mons. Rillaboom can OHKO Fini with Miracle Seed-boosted Grassy Glide.
Overall thoughts: This team revolves around Landorus and Urshifu, and the insane amount of damage reduction allows them to live hits that they normally would get OHKO'd by. Screech can let Urshifu and Landorus OHKO almost any target, and Naganadel is the perfect late-game cleanup mon.

rapid-strike-gmax
–
–
–
heat
–

Hey guys ,its me again and today i wanted to bring back a team i was using that last week on the ladder,seeing as Urshifu -water is definitely the star of this team.I don't usually use or build hyper offense but i enjoyed using and testing this team even creating a seperate alt for hyper offense laddering for this team so without further ado let me get into mons themselves.

Gigantamax Urshifu

the obvious star of the team -Water Bear.I wanted to test a banded variant of this guy ,since I found myself being obliterated by one on the ladder.band watershifu hits insanely hard even able to 2hko fini after some chip.the move choices are obvious but very effective. Surging strikes and CC is its bread and butter movepool. Aqua jet provides fantastic priority which makes it even more effective in the endgame.the last slot took some time as i was confused between u turn and poison jab but i settled for u-turn as its not that tough to beat fini with my team support and surging strikes denting it pretty hard anyways.In testing i brought urshifu to almost every game either as a lead that provides intense pressure alongside whimsicott or a late game cleaner to come in after my max targets.
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 116 Def Incineroar on a critical hit: 294-348 (145.5 - 172.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini on a critical hit: 66-81 (40.7 - 50%) -- approx. 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Landorus-Therian on a critical hit: 324-384 (98.1 - 116.3%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 244 HP / 124 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 198-234 (103.6 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Terrakion

now lets get on to the Max targets of this team, the first one being terrakion. Terrakion saw a lot of use in grassroots tournaments because of how easily it obliterates common defensive cores paired with pult. Terrakion really needs no explanation other than the white herb which helps against e-web spam from Regieleki as well as remove CC's defense drops.Also the jump on intimidate helps too.

Zapdos

The second max target for me was zapdos as it covered some tough mu's for terrapult, namely steela and fini. Lorb zapdos with fake tears support is also decently oppressive into garchomp a common partner for those 2. Zapdos also has excellent synergy with the Bear giving it speed boosts and covering for each others weaknesses very well.

Heat Rotom

The third main max target was Rotom_h . I felt my team had substantial difficulty dealing with tr glastrier and rotom was the go to choice as it also improved the steela and metagross MU.its also a suprisingly potent instant threat with fake tears and TW support from whimsicott.

Dragapult

Now to the support cast- Dragapult. This dragapult is becoming more and more standard on terrapult buts its still veryeffective mainly at beating spectrier and garchomp.beat up provides the justified boosts and the rest of the moves are self explanatory with dive over fly for lando and coal.Dive also helps set up rain for usrshifu which turns it into a literal nuke.

Whimsicott

I have said before that terrapult is very effective against common defensive teams but theres one thing it struggles against and that is opposing hyper offense who can outspeed and one shot terrakion. Heres where whimsicott comes in.It provides TW and beatup for terrakion as well as fake tears for zapdos. Also whimsicott +Urshifu is an extremely potent lead as it often forces dynamax allowing zapdos/rotom to max endgame and obliterate whats left.

i also tested this team a lot on an alt getting it to "1502 "elo with a 32-13 record and winning a double elim tour :)
20210528_103352.jpg
20210526_122226 (1).jpg
Here are some replays

Thnx for reading the report and i hope u liked the team :)

OK here’s my team. Cannot post sprites I’m on my phone.

https://pokepast.es/aa557c199da460d1

Urshifu
I went with choice scarf on this site as I found life and I’ve got worn down too quickly, and focus sash was lacking. SurgingStrikes and Close Combat get Stab while Ice Punch hits bulky Grass types and U-turn lets me scout.

Landorus-T
Landorus is one of my two boosting sweepers. Standard SD Lum Berry set, nothing much else to say here. Wrecks the Grasses and Electrics that mess with Urshifu

Rotom-H
Rotom is my other main sweeper, and much like Landorus it also exists to ruin the Grass types, though it also hits the Flying types it doesn’t like to face. Standard set otherwise

Cradily
Things get a bit weird here, Cradily keeps the Water moves away from Landorus, Rotom-H and Metagross. Giga Drain and Meteor Beam get STAB, while Earth Power lets it smack Steels for decent damage. Its main use is dealing with Sun teams, since it wallops Torkoal and Charizard, can change the weather with Max Rockfall and is immune to both Sleep Powder and G Max Vinelash. EVs let it survive a 150 BPG Max Wildfire from Life Orb Charizard in Sun when Dynamaxed.

Grimmsnarl
Grimm’s main job is to hinder the opponents with Fake Out and by tricking away its Full Incense. Sucker Punch lets it revenge kill stuff like Spectrier and Dragapult while Spirit Break is a nice reliable STAB. I didn’t go for Screens as I need all of Fake Out, Trick, Spirit Break and Sucker Punch.

Metagross
Metagross is the other powerhouse of my team. Cradily being around means it can stand up to Rain teams which it normally struggles with, while Urshifu can handle the Fire types it doesn’t like to see. Standard WP set - I prefer Max Speed as it lets me wallop defensive Tapu Fini before it can Haze.

We have a very small amount of teams this week, the maximum amount of votes is 4 and the minimum is 2.

Team A by shadowurshifu

ok let go over the team https://pokepast.es/42109d3cf6ca7529 View attachment 344031 View attachment 344034View attachment 344039View attachment 344042View attachment 344047 View attachment 344049
Cinderace-Gmax @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Libero it is big cause it is my dmax mon
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Pyro Ball
- Bounce
- Iron Head
this man is the pair for the water bear with the weakness polciy it is like umm coalassol with no steam enigine it is so strong when it gets it boost
and yes like take a look at water bear
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike-Gmax @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat
- Detect
- Surging Strikes
we have the sash we need to get in the aqua jet and to suprise win we have gmax so lol
Snorlax-Gmax @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Body Press
- Darkest Lariat
- Belly Drum
it just a snolrlax but better
Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
togekiss is the pair for snorlax and if they ohko all our mons and we only have togekiss i did not make in full support in my teams full supourt is not that good cause the full support teand to be more def and hp so they last longer with and the be ur last mon to fight vs a full team
Tapu Fini @ Life Orb
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
tapu fini our clean up mon if it gets in one calm mind in is a beast beast boostt lol \
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Extrasensory and lando it is the pair for tapu fini one bulk up it sweeps with tapu fini
so hope you like this team stay safe
Team B by Evelyie

Dancing in the Rain, or in the Sun

When I first saw that we would be building with Urshifu, I remembered a "meme" that I was joking around, that being Utility Umbrella Urshifu-R. Why that? Because first of all, you can dish out full power critical hits even in the Sun. And since Urshifu's G-Max Rapid Flow didn't set weather, I saw the opportunity to finally play around with it. So, as I said, my starting point was Urshifu-R and Venusaur-Torkoal

Teambuilding Proccess
So, the first thing I noticed with my Urshifu core was that opposing Sun, principally Charizard, was such a bad match-up. Second of all, since I did want to run Urshifu as a Dynamax Target, I needed at least some good Speed Control. I decided to go Landorus-T and Grimmsnarl. Landorus-T could break through all Flying-types I was struggling with and Grimmsnarl helped me even more with Scary Face. I just added Porygon 2 in for the last slot because I was struggling against Hyper Offensive teams.

The Team

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike-Gmax @ Utility Umbrella
EVs: 4 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Aerial Ace
- Close Combat
- Protect
Since I was running Urshifu as a Dynamax focus sometimes, I saw no reason to put Aerial Ace. Max Airstream is the most broken Dynamax move, so why not?

Venusaur-Gmax @ Coba Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 172 HP / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Sleep Powder
Here is my Venusaur set, 92 Speed with a Modest nature allowed me to always outspeed Dragapult in sun.

Torkoal @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drought
EVs: 244 HP / 156 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Burning Jealousy
- Body Press
- Yawn
- Protect
The reason why I chose defensive Torkoal even with P2 in my team was because I was lacking support. I think Yawn-spam is incredibly good and I wanted to abuse that to force switches, although Tapu Fini is a bit of an issue regarding it.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fly
- Protect
Here is my Landorus-T set, I decided to go Life Orb so I could consistently deny things like Thundurus and Zapdos.

Grimmsnarl-Gmax (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Scary Face
- Spirit Break
Standard Grimmsnarl set, went very physically defensive once again because I wanted to have a better time against Thundurus.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244 HP / 84 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
My last spot, P2 helped me with H.O, closed the SunRoom core and allowed me to play safer against Trick Room

I know some of you might think I submitted this team very early on the week, but I had most of the ideas and the team done on my head, so I just had to put them down in. And that's it for today! Thanks for reading, and good luck to all the other competitors!
Team C by WettestTowelVGC

Is water wet? I know this team is: https://pokepast.es/d093d6ea38f53e01

:Urshifu-rapid-strike-gmax: :Weakness-policy:
Here's the star of the show, and personally my favorite gen 8 pokemon. I wanted to do something original, so I chose Weakness Policy. Surging Strikes and Close Combat are for STAB. I chose Detect over Protect, because it's better. I chose Coaching for the reason of Comfey needing a defense boost to survive a max Steelspike from a +2 Metagross, and Marowak also benefiting from an attack boost.

:Zapdos: :Safety-goggles:
I was thinking about Urshifu weaknesses, and Sun was a big one. Safety Goggles is the item, so I won't get put to sleep, and also immunity to Rage Powder. Protect is on there because it's VGC. Thunder and Hurricane are there for STAB. Heat Wave is there for the Steel types that can wall Zapdos.

:Whimsicott: :Focus-Sash:
I think I've been using Whims since S5. Focus Sash is there because Whimsicott isn't the most Bulky. Fake Tears is very good Zapdos support. Tailwind is good support all around. Taunt is there because Amoonguss. Moonblast is there because I didn't want it to have all my friends are dead syndrome. The EVs allow it to KO max Urshifu dark.

:Comfey: :Babiri-berry:
I was stuck on the first three for the longest, and was gonna use Sylveon. Babiri Berry is to survive metagross. Ally Switch is to cheese someone. Floral Healing is to further support Urshifu. Draining Kiss is to activate Urshifu's Weakness Policy. Trick room is there just in case I need to reverse it.

:Marowak-alola: :Thick-club:
I needed a fire type, mainly to counter Rillaboom, and also because I couldn't rely on Urshifu to beat Metagross. Thick Club makes Marowak's attack a base 212, which is technically the highest in the game. Detect is there because it's VGC. Poltergeist is there because Shadow Bone was missing out on a lot of KO's, and STAB. Bonemerang is amazing Coverage. Flare Blitz is there because STAB.

:Politoed: :Rindo-berry:
I was really contemplating doing this, because I do have Marowak, but Sun is a big problem for Urshifu. Rindo berry allows it to survive things like choice banded Grassy Glide from Rillaboom, and max Overgrowth from Coalossal. Icy Wind is for speed control. Helping Hand is because it can come in clutch. Scald is for STAB, and burning physical attackers. I was gonna use Protect instead of Perish Song, but realized nobody really targeted Politoed.
Team D by Duck-Monke

Hi Guys today I’m going to show you my Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Team:psyglad:

View attachment 343053View attachment 343054View attachment 343056View attachment 343230View attachment 343234View attachment 343239

Importable

"The L.U.V. Core"
This core started with the “U” Urshifu, Urshifu is very weak to the ever-present sun. Adding the “V”(Volcorona) allows for redirection and Sun control (only against Venusuar), Lastly I add Tapu Lele “L” with Taunt to stop tr from going up (most of the time) or to shut down Clefairy and Amoonguss.

(The Next Breakdowns cover only the LUV cores interaction)

Tapu Lele somehow synergies with Urshifu-Water hitting poison and hard Physically defendive Pokémon, add Taunt and a pinch berry Lele is shutting down p2, clef, amoonguss, dusclops, and others. And it’s not only shutting down pokemon, Lele with its 130 base spA screws over Pokémon like metagross with its insanely powerful shadow balls and putting every Pokémon that can’t resist it’s STABS into range of a Urshifu Surging Strikes or one of Volcorona’s Stabs (That it can’t shut down with taunt). Not to Mention Volcorona stops the steel types that try to attack Lele, with either a Stab overheat or some redirection.

Well, Here’s the star or the show, Water Urshifu a Physical Attacker that works well with its partners : Volcorona, and Tapu Lele anything that one of these 3 can’t hit Lele shuts down. Water Urshifu hits : Steel, Normal, Dark, Rock, Ground, Ice, and Fire. While Tapu Lele and Volcorona hit MOST other types super-effectively. When not paired with Lele Urshifu can fire off powerful Aqua Jets, and when suns around Volc Crushes the common Venu.

Volcorona is here to really shut down Venusuar, sadly it only shuts down Venusuar and Not Zard but it does have something Rotom-Heat Doesn’t have Redirection as I said earlier it eats up (tbh not that well if physical) steel attack that might want to go into The Lele Slot and even better eats up a grass attack from Venu or Rilla. LUV each other :blobthumbsup:

"Normal Interactions" This section will cover the other synergetic parts of the team.
Lele is EVed to under speed Thievul so that it can Fake Tears/Mud Shot, besides that thievul can taunt opposing tr setter's while Lele Attacks the abuser.

Rillaboom & Thievul have the most synergeticcombonation since thievul is unburdened it is free too Mud Shot/Howl/Taunt opposing Mons. Urshifu-Rapid is Adamant too underspeed Burdened Thievul so it can Howl for it, Lando can effectively get a D(ragon)Dance in 1 turn with Max airstream + Howl.

This one is pretty simple, Volcorona rage powder's to redirect hits and allow Lando to get a semi-free Swords Dance. This Team Outside of the LUV Core is quite bland so :blobuwu:

"General Move/Ev/Nature/Mon Breakdowns"

View attachment 343053View attachment 343197
Moves :
Surging Strikes
Close Combat
Aqua Jet
Detect
EVS : 252 Attack / 4 SpDef / 252 Speed
Adamant
Pretty General WaterShifu set barring the Adamant Nature which is here to ensure Urshifu is getting outspeed by thievul and getting nice juicy Howl Boosts.

View attachment 343056View attachment 343198
Moves :
Moonblast
Taunt
Shadow Ball
Psychic
EVS : 132 Hp/ 172 SpAttack / 208 Speed
Timid
This set is pretty standard as well Psychic over Psyshock Cause the lack of SpA Evs/Modest really makes me need extra power. Taunt is for shutting down walls that Lele and Friends can't break. Once again the speed evs are there for just barely underspeeding Thievul Without unburden.

View attachment 343054View attachment 343226
Moves :
Overheat
Struggle Bug
Rage Powder
Bug Buzz
EVS : 44 Hp / 212 SpAttack / 252 Speed
Timid
I really like overheat more than Heat wave since it dents maxed Venu much harder than a normal spread Heat wave, heck if u wanna take out the venu so badly (especially max venu) it is definitely worth it to max Volcorona. Struggle Bug and Rage Powder are for Support Options and Overheat and Bug Buzz are powerfull stabs.

View attachment 343230View attachment 343231
Moves :
Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Fly
EVS : 76 Hp / 180 Attack / 252 Speed
Jolly
After a Swords Dance/Howl Boost + Max Airstream boost this becomes so threatening, with Rock Slide,Eq, and Fly Landosus ohkos so much and anything it doesn't it leaves in range for teammates.

View attachment 343234View attachment 343237
Moves :
Taunt
Fake Tears
Mud Shot
Howl
EVS : 132 Hp / 124 Def / 252 Spe
Timid
This is another star of the team after the LUV core, it boosts landosus, water shifu, and rilla's attacking stats while lowering SpDef for Volc and Lele Thievul just synergizes very nicely with the LUV core and the rest of my team.

View attachment 343239View attachment 343240
Moves :
Fake Out
Grassy Glide
Superpower
Knock Off
EVS : 204 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant
The attacking set I just love right now especially as a maxing option Max attack rilla at +1 firing off 200 bp stab moves is no joke. This is a back up for Landosus tbh and completes a FRG Core.

Sorry for no random scarf Pokemon today UWU. I'm really happy with this teams results. Thanks for reading cya guys :psyglad:

When Humans stop abusing monkeys :blobwizard:
Team E by Yourwelcomthank

:ss/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/Zapdos: :ss/Clefable: :ss/Excadrill: :ss/Ferrothorn:
https://pokepast.es/adcd6810a3d5c25e
The idea of this team was Ttar plus Urshifu. Tyranitar checks opposing Flying types for Urshifu and Urshifu checks pokemon like Landorus-T, Incineroar, and Urshifu for Tyranitar. Excadrill on sand can check Flyers as well as Regieleki for Urshifu-r and appreciates Urshifu's its ability to slam Landorus-t. Urshifu is also capable of better checking opposing Urshifu-S and Kartana with the Choice Scarf i gave it whom are threatening to this sand team

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Choice Scarf:
I chose Choice Scarf on Urshifu mainly for the purpose of checking opposing Urshifu-S and Kartana but it can also act as a general safety net vs pokemon like Landorus-T after they boosted their speed.
:Tyranitar: :Focus Sash:
Tyranitar is able to check Flyers for Urshifu-R check Spectrier and has good synergy with Zapdos. i Chose Focus Sash Taunt Tyranitar so it could take any one hit and get its Taunt or attack off reliably.

:Zapdos: :safety goggles:
Zapdos is pretty good on sand as usuall checking Urshifu grass and water-types. I chose it over Thundurus having Heat Wave helps primarily vs Bulky Steels like Ferrothorn, Kartana, and Metagross helped even further with Helping Hand and Follow Me Babiri Berry from Clefable to protect it from the Steels.

:Clefable: :Babiri Berry:
Clefable provides redirection and a fighting resist for this team which is super valuble foe the fighting weak pokemon of this team. Babiri Berry Improves its Matchup vs Steel-types where as Clefairy would die on one hit especailly helpful for this team as Metagross could be an issue. Unaware also helps vs set up Pokemon mainly Nasty Plot rotom-w, Shell Smash Blastoise, and Swords Dance Garchomp.

:Excadrill: :Weakness Policy:
I myself am loving Swords Dance Weakness Policy Excadrill. On this team Excadrill is able to check Regieleki Glastrier with Redirection and be generally powerful in sand. Follow Me allows me to afford Rock Slide and Swords Dance on the same set without a Focus Sash. Excadrill matches up positivly vs many Flying types like Zapdos and Thundurus which Urshifu of course appreciates.

:Ferrothorn: :Leftovers:
I Wanted a Glastrier check that could handle Water-types i chose Ferrothorn for that reason. Power Whip is run over leech seed to actually threaten water type. this is good to immediately pressure pokemon like Nasty Plot Rotom-W and Shell Smash Blastoise. You want to immediately threaten them as those pokemon threaten this team.
EDIT : Missed opportunity to name the team OU sand
Team F by I'mKindaTrashTho

Hey guys! Despite getting like 3 votes last week I'm back here again with a team that is pure heat. Introducing:
Bonk, Set, Spike
https://pokepast.es/994bf6d3e8ce3b57
WP Landorus: The main Dynamax option for the team. Standard set, but with Protect, because it is not AV or Scarf locked. The main idea here is to max, get WP procced by Urshifu, and boost up it and its teammates with Quake/Airstream, while bonking everything in its path.
AV Urshifu-rapid: The other main source of offense on the team. 252 HP EVs + Assault vest + max Quake SpDef boosts from Landorus = more bulk than Incineroar. It can use Aqua Jet to proc the WP on Landorus, and Airstream boosts make up for the lack of speed investment. Surging Strikes hits really hard, and it can come in clutch by living hits that most builds die to.
Focus Sash Regieleki: I originally wanted a normal screens support set, until I realized that Regieleki learns Screech, and my team is built around physical attackers. It was here that the volleyball pun inspiration first came from, when I realized that Regi could "set" up its teammates with Screech. Electroweb is a standard form of speed control.
Choice Scarf Naganadel: This mon isn't used very often, but that doesn't change the fact that it hits HARD. I went with modest Nature to give it a SpA Beat Boost, while still being very fast with Scarf. After getting a Beast Boost, Naga can sometimes Dynamax to break Scarf if needed, such as if I'm locked out of Sludge Bomb and the opponent brings in Tapu Fini, or if I'm locked into it against a Metagross or Registeel. I found myself maxing more than I thought I would, because these 4 moves on Naganadel can hit most of the metagame for SE damage (Any Tapu, Rillaboom, Dragapault, Metagross, Indeedee, Amoonguss, Togekiss, Kartana, the list goes on and on) Snarl is damage reduction if Incin and Eleki stay on the bench.
Incin/Rilla: Not much to say here, just the standard sets on both mons. Rillaboom can OHKO Fini with Miracle Seed-boosted Grassy Glide.
Overall thoughts: This team revolves around Landorus and Urshifu, and the insane amount of damage reduction allows them to live hits that they normally would get OHKO'd by. Screech can let Urshifu and Landorus OHKO almost any target, and Naganadel is the perfect late-game cleanup mon.
Team G by Typhoeus200318

rapid-strike-gmax
–
–
–
heat
–

Hey guys ,its me again and today i wanted to bring back a team i was using that last week on the ladder,seeing as Urshifu -water is definitely the star of this team.I don't usually use or build hyper offense but i enjoyed using and testing this team even creating a seperate alt for hyper offense laddering for this team so without further ado let me get into mons themselves.

Gigantamax Urshifu

the obvious star of the team -Water Bear.I wanted to test a banded variant of this guy ,since I found myself being obliterated by one on the ladder.band watershifu hits insanely hard even able to 2hko fini after some chip.the move choices are obvious but very effective. Surging strikes and CC is its bread and butter movepool. Aqua jet provides fantastic priority which makes it even more effective in the endgame.the last slot took some time as i was confused between u turn and poison jab but i settled for u-turn as its not that tough to beat fini with my team support and surging strikes denting it pretty hard anyways.In testing i brought urshifu to almost every game either as a lead that provides intense pressure alongside whimsicott or a late game cleaner to come in after my max targets.
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 116 Def Incineroar on a critical hit: 294-348 (145.5 - 172.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini on a critical hit: 66-81 (40.7 - 50%) -- approx. 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Landorus-Therian on a critical hit: 324-384 (98.1 - 116.3%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 244 HP / 124 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 198-234 (103.6 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Terrakion

now lets get on to the Max targets of this team, the first one being terrakion. Terrakion saw a lot of use in grassroots tournaments because of how easily it obliterates common defensive cores paired with pult. Terrakion really needs no explanation other than the white herb which helps against e-web spam from Regieleki as well as remove CC's defense drops.Also the jump on intimidate helps too.

Zapdos

The second max target for me was zapdos as it covered some tough mu's for terrapult, namely steela and fini. Lorb zapdos with fake tears support is also decently oppressive into garchomp a common partner for those 2. Zapdos also has excellent synergy with the Bear giving it speed boosts and covering for each others weaknesses very well.

Heat Rotom

The third main max target was Rotom_h . I felt my team had substantial difficulty dealing with tr glastrier and rotom was the go to choice as it also improved the steela and metagross MU.its also a suprisingly potent instant threat with fake tears and TW support from whimsicott.

Dragapult

Now to the support cast- Dragapult. This dragapult is becoming more and more standard on terrapult buts its still veryeffective mainly at beating spectrier and garchomp.beat up provides the justified boosts and the rest of the moves are self explanatory with dive over fly for lando and coal.Dive also helps set up rain for usrshifu which turns it into a literal nuke.

Whimsicott

I have said before that terrapult is very effective against common defensive teams but theres one thing it struggles against and that is opposing hyper offense who can outspeed and one shot terrakion. Heres where whimsicott comes in.It provides TW and beatup for terrakion as well as fake tears for zapdos. Also whimsicott +Urshifu is an extremely potent lead as it often forces dynamax allowing zapdos/rotom to max endgame and obliterate whats left.

i also tested this team a lot on an alt getting it to "1502 "elo with a 32-13 record and winning a double elim tour :)
Here are some replays

Thnx for reading the report and i hope u liked the team :)
Team H by ChrystalFalchion

OK here’s my team. Cannot post sprites I’m on my phone.

https://pokepast.es/aa557c199da460d1

Urshifu
I went with choice scarf on this site as I found life and I’ve got worn down too quickly, and focus sash was lacking. SurgingStrikes and Close Combat get Stab while Ice Punch hits bulky Grass types and U-turn lets me scout.

Landorus-T
Landorus is one of my two boosting sweepers. Standard SD Lum Berry set, nothing much else to say here. Wrecks the Grasses and Electrics that mess with Urshifu

Rotom-H
Rotom is my other main sweeper, and much like Landorus it also exists to ruin the Grass types, though it also hits the Flying types it doesn’t like to face. Standard set otherwise

Cradily
Things get a bit weird here, Cradily keeps the Water moves away from Landorus, Rotom-H and Metagross. Giga Drain and Meteor Beam get STAB, while Earth Power lets it smack Steels for decent damage. Its main use is dealing with Sun teams, since it wallops Torkoal and Charizard, can change the weather with Max Rockfall and is immune to both Sleep Powder and G Max Vinelash. EVs let it survive a 150 BPG Max Wildfire from Life Orb Charizard in Sun when Dynamaxed.

Grimmsnarl
Grimm’s main job is to hinder the opponents with Fake Out and by tricking away its Full Incense. Sucker Punch lets it revenge kill stuff like Spectrier and Dragapult while Spirit Break is a nice reliable STAB. I didn’t go for Screens as I need all of Fake Out, Trick, Spirit Break and Sucker Punch.

Metagross
Metagross is the other powerhouse of my team. Cradily being around means it can stand up to Rain teams which it normally struggles with, while Urshifu can handle the Fire types it doesn’t like to see. Standard WP set - I prefer Max Speed as it lets me wallop defensive Tapu Fini before it can Haze.
Gl to all

For this week we will be building with yet another water type, Blastoise! This may be a tricky one so get your brains moving! The deadline as always is 11:59 PM EST Friday. Gl all!

Blastoise- Shell Smash+Omega Sweep to set up with it check incin for cartana add Indeedee click follow me so they cannot target you and you get protection from the fake out from incin. Incineroar- Assault Vest- For the fake out pressure snarl on eleki u-turn and flare blitz. Kartana- Finish of the FWG core checks Rilla takes down water types with max overgrowth and you set up with swords dance so you go bananas. Add Eleki life orb so you can do Helping hand+eleki and My team is not very good against airstream so I added it so I got koes and I can click electroweb+water spout. Urshifu-Dark with focus sash so you can profit off the residual damage and do a million damage with wicked blow also its a good cleaner :o. No EVs in the pokepast but ill give it https://pokepast.es/ecc42dbf5443c7fc

PinkSylvie

VGCPL Champion
paste and cart rental above. Got t4 in the rose tower tournament with toise!

Blastoise on this team fills the role of a support with yawn/hh to support its friend outside max. early maxing is used to KO fire/ground types that threaten registeel and to start some good chip to slow the game down. wacan allows it to live some regieleki attacks. Thundy supports steel and toise by reducing spatk of opposing attackers. Landot/regidrago are alternate offensive mons, although regidrago is predominately as an end-game sweeper. Rillaboom works well as a pivot/priority attacker and to help vs opposing waters/grounds.

:blastoise-gmax: :weezing: :Garchomp: :stakataka::regieleki::Togekiss:
https://pokepast.es/974dd333ef17447d (stakataka is supposed to be brave nature)
So the idea of this team was to use Weezing to negate Venusaurs Chlorophyll letting Blastoise outpseed and destroy it. Garchomp+weezing with no Regigigas has been doing well in tournaments lately. Blastoise needs redirection so Togekiss helps with that and it provides more safety for Garchomp to Swords Dance. Stakataka is able to provide a defensive check to flyers and hatterene while being able to set Trick room reliably thanks to Togekiss. Regieleki provides speed control and checks bulk Water-types.
No detailed breakdownncause time.

Last edited:

I wanted to go with a double setup sweeper + triple support comp, as I feel like Blastoise is really only strong enough to be winning games by itself after a shell smash. Grimm screens help get that t1 shell smash off, or using fake outs/follow me from toge to keep blastoise healthy enough to snowball the game out of a winnable state for the opponent. Garchomp was my opposing sweeper choice as their typings leave them vulnerable to generally different threats entirely, as well as giving me both a special and physical sweeper. The rillaboom/toge sets are standard (Yawn to help vs trick room a bit? Not necessary imo. Also babiri is definitely a good option as steela tends to be the dyna carry of choice against this team I find), fake out on grimm helps for regieleki and getting grimm back in after a switch out, and I opted into Shuca wisp incineroar to make the match up against SD lando, chomp, and glastrier all much more manageable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)