Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Rain Dance / Taunt

Storm winds are raging in the VGC metagame! Known as Kyogre's partner in crime, Tornadus is a great support Pokemon. Virtually always paired with the Sea Basin Pokemon, Tornadus's main job is to set up priority Tailwind thanks to Prankster, allowing Kyogre to outspeed its opponents and deal massive damage with Water Spout before taking any damage. Hurricane is Tornadus’s STAB move of choice, since it is perfectly accurate under rain and removes Kyogre's checks like Rillaboom and Whimsicott. Rain Dance allows Tornadus to reset rain whenever Groudon hits the field, but Taunt is also an option to deny Trick Room setup.

If you want to rock your opponents like a Hurricane, be sure to try out this team built by Kd that got 20th place on the Salt Lake CIty Regionals!: https://pokepast.es/7098dd1f9b0f22d3

Last edited:

Giokio

#1 Nia simp
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tornadus (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Rain Dance / Taunt

Winds of change Storm winds are coming to the VGC metagame (It's already been a while since Kyogre started going out with Torn don't you think? It's not a really a change)!

Known to be Kyogre's partner in crime, Tornadus is a great supportive support Pokémon, not only for the Sea Basin Pokémon but Zacian-C and Landorus-T as well! (you never mention these two anywhere else in the spotlight so unless you want to write another sentence explaining why or expand another I'm cutting them)

With the combination of Prankster and Tailwind, Tornadus goes straight to the point with its Speed control, allowing your team to storm through the opposing team (the sentence is a bit too general and doesn't really explain why tailwind is so important, of course I'm talking about Water Spout which NEEDS to hit before opponents otherwise it's useless; I'd like to see more emphasis on that aspect).

Hurricane is its STAB of choice, since whenever Kyogre summons the rain, it turns into a powerful sure-hit guaranteed-hit move, being able to swiftly deal with threats like Rillaboom and Whimsicott (consider that these two are threats to Kyogre, writing the sentence like this doesn't make it very clear, at first glance you could say the "threats" are referred to Tornadus; please rewrite it).

Rain Dance allows Tornadus to keep the rain whenever Groudon hits the field, but some players opt to run Taunt as a measure to slow-down Trick Room setups (I would mention other supporters such as whimsicott). As always, don't forget the blue whale with this genie! (Instead of this you could add a paste that won something as we started doing lately, check what yuki did here)

Hi Eve, I think you have to work on this more.
The content is okish but your phrasing is lacking, and while I can understand what you mean because I know the meta, someone less knowledgeable might get confused.
I didn't touch the sentences and limited myself to giving advice, but let me know if you need a helping hand figuring out how to better write your sentences.
I also divided the sentences so that you wouldn't get confused with the colors but remember to put them back to the original formatting before you ping me again.

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Rain Dance / Taunt

Winds of change Storm winds are coming to the VGC metagame (It's already been a while since Kyogre started going out with Torn don't you think? It's not a really a change)!

Known to be Kyogre's partner in crime, Tornadus is a great supportive support Pokémon, not only for the Sea Basin Pokémon but Zacian-C and Landorus-T as well! (you never mention these two anywhere else in the spotlight so unless you want to write another sentence explaining why or expand another I'm cutting them)

With the combination of Prankster and Tailwind, Tornadus goes straight to the point with its Speed control, allowing your team to storm through the opposing team (the sentence is a bit too general and doesn't really explain why tailwind is so important, of course I'm talking about Water Spout which NEEDS to hit before opponents otherwise it's useless; I'd like to see more emphasis on that aspect).

Hurricane is its STAB of choice, since whenever Kyogre summons the rain, it turns into a powerful sure-hit guaranteed-hit move, being able to swiftly deal with threats like Rillaboom and Whimsicott (consider that these two are threats to Kyogre, writing the sentence like this doesn't make it very clear, at first glance you could say the "threats" are referred to Tornadus; please rewrite it).

Rain Dance allows Tornadus to keep the rain whenever Groudon hits the field, but some players opt to run Taunt as a measure to slow-down Trick Room setups (I would mention other supporters such as whimsicott). As always, don't forget the blue whale with this genie! (Instead of this you could add a paste that won something as we started doing lately, check what yuki did here)

Hi Eve, I think you have to work on this more.
The content is okish but your phrasing is lacking, and while I can understand what you mean because I know the meta, someone less knowledgeable might get confused.
I didn't touch the sentences and limited myself to giving advice, but let me know if you need a helping hand figuring out how to better write your sentences.
I also divided the sentences so that you wouldn't get confused with the colors but remember to put them back to the original formatting before you ping me again.
will implement, but i struggled to find an open sheet team with tornadus in it, the only one ive got is a mock from owe's team; https://pokepast.es/eda810f93497d7d8 but 100% not official, so if u could help me out id like

Giokio

#1 Nia simp
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:sm/tornadus: :sm/kyogre:
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Rain Dance / Taunt

Storm winds are coming to raging in the VGC metagame! Known to be Kyogre's partner in crime, Tornadus is a great support Pokémon. Always paired with the Sea Basin Pokémon, Tornadus's main job is to set up priority Tailwind thanks to it ability Prankster, allowing the restricted to outspeed its opponents and deal massive damage with Water Spout, that requires it to go first before it takes taking any damage. Hurricane is its STAB of choice, since whenever Kyogre summons the rain, it turns into a powerful guaranteed-hit move, being able to remove Kyogre's checks like Rillaboom and Whimsicott. (should I put Max Airstream here?) (not really). Rain Dance allows Tornadus to keep the rain whenever Groudon hits the field, but some players opt to run Taunt as a measure to slow-down Trick Room setups.

If you want to rock your opponents like a Hurricane, be sure to try out this team built by (evelyie) that (accomplishment):

Much better.
If you don't find a proper team with results just use something of a famous player.

UT

I chose this cyclone with you
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Rain Dance / Taunt

Storm winds are raging in the VGC metagame! Known to be as Kyogre's partner in crime, Tornadus is a great support Pokémon Pokemon. Always Virtually always paired with the Sea Basin Pokémon Pokemon, Tornadus's main job is to set up priority Tailwind thanks to Prankster, allowing the restricted Kyogre to outspeed its opponents and deal massive damage with Water Spout, (comma) before taking any damage. Hurricane is its Tornadus’s STAB move of choice, since whenever Kyogre summons the rain, it turns into a powerful guaranteed-hit move, being able to remove it is perfectly accurate under rain and removes Kyogre's checks like Rillaboom and Whimsicott. Rain Dance allows Tornadus to keep the rain reset rain whenever Groudon hits the field, but some players opt to run Taunt as a measure to slow-down Trick Room setups Taunt is also an option to deny Trick Room setup.

If you want to rock your opponents like a Hurricane, be sure to try out this team built by (evelyie) that (accomplishment):

GP 1/1!

add remove conjecture
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Rain Dance / Taunt

Storm winds are raging in the VGC metagame! Known to be as Kyogre's partner in crime, Tornadus is a great support Pokémon Pokemon. Always Virtually always paired with the Sea Basin Pokémon Pokemon, Tornadus's main job is to set up priority Tailwind thanks to Prankster, allowing the restricted Kyogre to outspeed its opponents and deal massive damage with Water Spout, (comma) before taking any damage. Hurricane is its Tornadus’s STAB move of choice, since whenever Kyogre summons the rain, it turns into a powerful guaranteed-hit move, being able to remove it is perfectly accurate under rain and removes Kyogre's checks like Rillaboom and Whimsicott. Rain Dance allows Tornadus to keep the rain reset rain whenever Groudon hits the field, but some players opt to run Taunt as a measure to slow-down Trick Room setups Taunt is also an option to deny Trick Room setup.

GP 1/1!

thanks, implemented!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)