VGC Trick Room Counter

Already have this team posted somewhere else but I'm trying to get as much crits as I can xD

Leads:

Azelf@???
Jolly 252sp/252atk

-imprison
-explosion
-protect
- trick room

Anti-trick room lead. Imprison prevents my opponent from setting up trick room, protecting or exploding. They wont be able to protect from my explosion. witch will hopefully KO them

Weavile@ focus sash
adamant 252Atk/252Spd
-Fake out
-night slash
-ice shard/ice punch/icy wind
-protect

Fake out is for opponents I suspect will be scarfed or will fake out my azelf, also good for breaking sashes. Night slash is for giritina, mewtwo and lugia. also hits shedninja. Ice shard is priority but since he outspeeds almost anything that isnt scafed I might wanna opt for ice punch or icy wind to slow my opponents down.

The other two:

Giritina@Choice scarf
hasty: 252atk 252spd
-Shadow force
-draco meteor
-shadow sneak
-dragon claw

Mostly just spam shadow force, hits through protect and most opponents are special defensive. dragon claw is my only defense against blissey :/

Palkia@Haban berry
Timid: 252Sp.Atk 252 Spd
-spacial rend
-flamethrower
-earth power/ hydro pump
-protect/thunder

Very unsure about this one. Spacial rend and Hydro pump are STAB moves. I want flamethrower on just in case of shedninja. Not sure if I should have earth power, I kinda like hydro pump better. Protect and thunder are tough to choose from. Thunder is in case my opponent sends out kyogre, Palkia is basically a kyogre stopper.

This team is built around offense with counter to trick room teams. Its built to get the job done fast. My main concerns are tyranitar, dialga and blissey. Tyranitar can tear open azelf, weavile and giritina and hydro pump has very shaky accuracy. Dialga resists weaviles attacks and threatens palkia and giritina. Blissey can come in on shadow force and wall giritina and palkia because azelf and weavile arn't supposed to last long.

why are there only 4 people....

I see this an uber team, I would reccomend using deoxys-D as its base speed is 90 and it has taunt at its desposal to stop them from boosting stats, recovering, using trick room or protecting.

it can also use moves like toxic and thunder wave.

try this:
deoxys-D @ leftovers
calm nature
252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
- taunt
- thunder wave
- recover
- night shade

it is accually very simple yet deadly...

@ Lunanight

This is a VGC team. You only use four pokemon, and Deoxys is banned.

@ PocketCat

I'm at school right now, but when I get home I'll do a brief analysis for you.

You shouldn't make a team solely around countering one type of attacker. TR is used a lot but what are you going to do when a sunny day team with chloryphil or rain dance with swift swim team come out. Also how are you going to counter scarfogres when they lead with ludicolo all the time? Ludi is faster in swift swim and can fake out weaville first and kyogre can procede to take out your team with water spout. On top of that your imprison only last as long as azelf is alive if i'm not mistaken. As soon as he explodes your opponent can TR and Dialga will survive your explosion and so will bronzong and it wont even effect dusknoir. They are then free to use TR. And anyone with detect, endure, and focus sash will survive your explosion, because of its predictability. I don't like the way the team works honestly. This is just me though.

@Werecario

That's the problem with my team. I want leads that counter more than just trick room. I have no idea who I should replace or what I should change. Do you have anything you can recommend instead of Azelf or Weavile? Weavile might be able to stay if I get a good partner with him.

If you want to counter TR there are a couple of ways. A Smeargle with imprison, follow me, dark void, and TR and someone that can easily ko common TR threats. This eliminates the use of any follow me TR team that you might come into contact with. Someone like this would be dialga with flamethrower, earth power, draco meteor and protect and have him hold expert belt or lum berry. This is also useful when facing a non TR team because smeargle can spam dark void. Dialga is also strong and can take out many leads like abomasnow or metagross. This means that you would have to get someone else instead of either giratina or palkia. Have you though about possibly a flying type like possibly togakiss. It can flinch people to death with air slash and wont get hurt by the common earthquakes. It also has pretty good sp def.

I would probably get rid of palkia. I would have to replace him with something that can take care of shedninja though. I think it should be a special attacker.

Togekiss@ leftovers
timid/calm: ???
-Thunder wave
-Air slash
-follow me
-roost

I want to use him as a special wall that flinch HAXs. Paralyze anything scafed or faster in general.Thinking of bulking out the EVs Not sure if I should put follow me on a poke that isn't a lead. Might want something that will take care of kyogre or mewtwo though.

i wouldn't use follow me. It can learn heat wave, which can hit both foes and take care of abomasnow nicely. Also you could consider grass knot. It can take care of kyogre and groudon. You do not need to worry about taking care of mewtwo with togakiss since giritina can do that. If I were doing it, I would do

Togekiss@ leftovers
modest: 252 s atk, 252 hp
-heat wave
-Air slash
-grass knot
-protect

but thats just me.

With Dialga should I do a straightforward sweeper timid 252Sp.Atk/252Spd or do you think I should add a little bulk to him?

If you want to take out TR leads i would max out s atk. As far as bulk or speed goes, I really can't say. Each is situational. I would probably say that if you can successfully counter TR bulk might be better, but if you are facing a team of sweepers, speed might be better. I would personally say bulk because if you can survive a hit then you can deal one back pretty hard. Do some damage calcs and find exactly what you want to survive and how much hp evs that needs then put the rest into speed. This is the best way to find the evs you want for any pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)