Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Protect

So considering the Bulky Offensive nature of your core I decided to go that route with the rest of the team. I noticed Kangaskhan + Porygon2 both had issues with standard Rocky Helmet Amoonguss and Toxic Aegislash, so I added Volcarona. With a Charcoal, it's able to OHKO SpDef Amoonguss and SpDef Aegislash with ease. Another neat tool with Volcarona is Rage Powder which allows it to support Kangaskhan by redirecting moves from it to makes its sweep much easier.

Next, Aegislash gave you a solid answer to the fairy types that are still running rampant in the format, and also doubles as a Mega Salamence check. Its spread lets it tank a Modest Choice Specs Dark Pulse from Hydreigon. Your team wasn't exactly weak to Fairies but this gives you extra insurance against Hyper Voice spam. Wide Guard is also nice against Rock Slide spam which is nice for any team, especially one with a Volcarona. I have Azumarill there because I had Azumarill originally before realizing that Volcarona was your only switch in to Pixilate Hyper Voice which is not fun. If you're not digging Aegislash or any of the other adds then Azumarill is a fine fill in.

Thundurus was added because your team was pretty slow and it added some necessary speed control. Not necessarily Thunder Wave, but offensive Thundurus gives you a way to threaten faster pokemon before they can attack your team. Grass Knot on Thundurus is mainly for Terrakion, but also helps in dealing massive damage to Gastrodon. Not much else to say about this, Offensive Thundurus is a solid pokemon in the metagame right now.

Finally Garchomp was added because it helped with the Charizard-Y issue. Its spread gives it a good chance to survive a Life Orb Timid HP-Ice from Landorus-T. I gave it Stone Edge because its your strongest move against Bulky Thundurus and is able to 2HKO after Sitrus. It's also nice because it has a good chance to OHKO 252 hp Charizard even after an Intimidate. -1 252 Atk Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 20 Def Mega Charizard Y: 180-216 (97.2 - 116.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO for reference. Garchomp is a nice pokemon in general right now because of its speed tier, ridiculous bulk and typing which makes a solid switch into rock slide spam. Btw if you don't personally like Stone Edge for its accuracy you're welcome to put Rock Slide instead.

Don't have much else to say this time, I just really hope you like the team :]. If there's anything wrong that you notice just let me know
This team is like nearly identical to mine. I had azumarill over porygon2. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)