The next online competition has been announced; the World Championships Friendly is a sneak preview of VGC19 phase 3 (Ultra), even though VGC19 phase 1 will have just gotten underway by then.
Registration opens on September 6th, and the battling window starts on the 13th/14th for the usual 3 days. From what I'm seeing, the prize is just the normal 50 BP, with no possibility of qualifying for points like International Challenge comps normally offer.
Rules (in case you missed the VGC19 format announcement)
• Double Battles (obviously)
• Item Clause (obviously)
• Species Clause (obviously)
• National Pokédex No. 001 through 807 are eligible, excluding Ash-Greninja and all Mythical Pokémon.
• Battle Teams may contain no more than any two of these Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma.
• Pokémon must have a black clover symbol to be eligible (ie: they were caught/bred/obtained in Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, or Ultra Moon)
• You must register four to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• There will be a 90-second team preview.
• A 7-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 45 seconds to select a Pokémon and a move. If a player has not made their selections by the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 10 times per day during the competition, for a total of 30 games. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day, so you can play 20 games on day 2 if you played no games on day 1 for example. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
This is playable on Pokemon Showdown! by selecting the 'VGC 2019 Ultra Series' ladder.
Last edited by a moderator: