Project Victim of the Week | [Old]

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are half of the counters listed actually checks? keldeo isn't a counter at all, neither is chomp. also you forgot to put msab on the list
checks: glisc + tios
counters: zam + gastro

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Keld is a check; Gliscor’s a counter. There’s prolly more cuz counters r basically nonexistent in gen 6+7 but Glis is defo a textbook counter

Anyway imma only vote for MLatios and Gliscor. idrc which they’re in. Count them as whatever

Givrix

Mad Dog
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Checks:
and

Counters:
and

Gliscor (and to a lesser extent, MLatios) should be consider like Gastrodon I believe. Gliscor actually can switch in any non Z fire Heatran and kills it with earthquake. Z fire actually claim the kill after stealth rock, but firstly: we talk about a leftovers tran, which is easy to spot early in the game, and so, what about Z grass/nature power Heatran ? It's not as seen as Z fire, but still exist. Basically, they are all counters, but not SSI, even MLatios which is only threatened by Z Steel, not the most common set played on Heatran (actually a lure set, like Z grass), can be consider like that. Only Spdef Zygarde with rest can freely switch on any heatran and kills it without any risk.

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
Checks : Gliscor and M Latios
Counters : zam and gastro

And what the hell is gliscor doing in check list while some checks are in counter list. And basically, tran use the same tools to pass gastro and mtios aka toxic/a lure move, so quite weird too.

Times Like These - Foo Fighters
Hello everyone and thank you for continued patience! Now regarding some of these complaints that you guys seem to bring up - Yeah, I screwed up.Particularly Keldeo and Pelipper, which are clearly checks. However, due to me wanting to pump the week out, I didn't end up checking my mistakes. Sorry about that one.
On that note, if you have any issue with the content on this thread whatsoever, feel free to message me either here or on discord at curiosity#2758 and i'll be happy to answer your questions there, including why Latios and Gliscor are still checks. Getting back to the point, this week's winners are Jordy and vso for gliscor and mega latios respectively and mega alakazam by 1_TrickPhony ! Your submissions will be added shortly.

Boogie On Reggae Woman - Stevie Wonder
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Curse
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

This week, by the request of my cohost Creator of Chaos , our victim is Mega Scizor! Mega Scizor is a really nice mon to have on both balance and bulky offence, thanks to its incredible niche in the form of being able to counter zygarde in addition to being able to consistently check other balance breakers such as mega alakazam, mega latios, sd bulu and even sd gliscor, in addition to serving as an excellent wincon versus offence, possessing the check 'mons such as zygarde, gyarados and even reuniclus, thanks to its fantastic bulk and incredible defensive typing, which grants its many opportunities to freely set up versus offence. This same typing also grats Scizor to reliable recovery in the form of roost, in addition to the pivotal u-turn, which gives balance and bulky offence the much needed momentum that it desperately wants. The combination these specific niches allows Scizor to differentiate itself from other steels found on balance, especially Celesteela. Spread is to do something. Jordy needs to explain it.

Deadline is Friday the 12th of August. Happy Posting!

Last edited:

[insert your Heatran set]

Heatran's outstanding typing and stats let it wall most Mega Scizor rather comfortably. While Mega Scizor + Spikes can usually outlast Heatran, but if Heatran is paired with Wish support from a Pokemon like Clefable, this is unlikely from happening. Defensive variants only really have to fear for fast Superpower variants, but are also somewhat bothered by Knock Off.​

Last edited:

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

- Toxic / Toxic Spikes

Lord Thapex can wall Mega Scizor pretty easily between Haze, Scald and its solid typing, Knock Off can do some big damage, but after Thapex has no item it does like pitiful damage and it'll eventually get a Scald burn, so Mega Scizor can't really 1v1 it unless Thapex is like really weakened. Thapex even has Regenerator to keep healthy even if Mega Scizor U-turns as it comes in.

Last edited:

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
Rotom as a check

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Basically rotom is always free to switch on scizor and is able to burn it making zor unable to deal as much damage as he’s supposed to.
The main issue of rotom is his lack of recovery that forbade him to be a counter, not only in zor’s case.

Last edited:

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Mega Charizard-X as a counter

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Scizor is completely useless against it: even at +2, it can't deal with Flare Blitz and its damage can be mitigated with Roost
+2 0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 84-99 (28.2 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. +1 248 HP / 128+ Def Scizor-Mega: 424-504 (123.6 - 146.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. +2 248 HP / 128+ Def Scizor-Mega: 316-376 (92.1 - 109.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 160 HP / 216 Atk / 28 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
- Dragon Dance
- Coil

Checks scizor and Reuni who think they can set up in your face. Boost a bit while they boost alongside you, and swap them before u think they will start swinging. Easy reverse sweep.

Last edited:
Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Literally just copy pasted set from analysis. The Mega Zor can’t touch Steela with its stabs and Steela just melts it with Flamethrower so easy counter.

+1 0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 55-66 (13.8 - 16.6%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery

Eat hot shit Zor.

no zone? easy reserve

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
traps sciz and ohkoes if youre running specs. curse sciz never runs speed so it just drops. nothing else to say tbh.

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.
Doublade as a counter.

rank me (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Claw

This scizor literally can't touch Doublade and Sacred Sword hits through Curse so you can just boost alongside it and beat it 1v1.

+6 0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 86-102 (26.7 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

You start threatening a 2HKO at +4.

+4 176+ Atk Doublade Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Scizor-Mega: 153-181 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- 25.4% chance to 2HKO

edit: I used the wrong spread, this is actually even better because less ohys def lmao bop

Last edited:
Rocky Chomp as a check.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

This eats even a boosted BP and either 2HKOs MScizor with Fire Blast or phases it out with Dragon Tail. It has the added bonus of discouraging MScizor from pivoting around with U-Turn thanks to Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin chip. This set is only a check -- albeit a hard one -- because a cautiously-played MScizor can wear down Garchomp over the course of a game, since it has recovery and Garchomp doesn't.

0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 75-88 (17.9 - 21.1%) -- possible 5HKO
0- SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 124 SpD Scizor-Mega: 208-248 (60.6 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Skarmory as a counter.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes
- Counter

+6 0+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 114-135 (34.2 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Not as slappable on most teams but Skarmory turns Scizor-M into spikes fodder basically. Every skarm should have either whirlwind or counter anyway so you won't get PP stalled. Even if Scizor has Knock Off you still win pretty reliably (unless magnezone).

Keldeo as a Check

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Poison]

Keldeo resist both STABs and 2HKO with ease, potencially catching a burn on its switch. Any set really works but i like this the most.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock / Magma Armor
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide / Toxic
- Stealth Rock / Toxic

Mega Camerupt is an uncommon but stupidly powerful wallbreaker, especially (but not only) under Trick Room, and it counters Mega Scizor thanks to its typing and natural bulk. As a side note, if TR is up, it outslows MSciz even at -1.

0 Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Camerupt-Mega: 54-63 (17.2 - 20.1%) -- possible 5HKO
+1 0 Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Camerupt-Mega: 80-95 (25.5 - 30.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 124 SpD Scizor-Mega: 984-1164 (286.8 - 339.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Moltres as a counter

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 208 HP / 60 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Moltres' typing gives it a resistance to both of Scizor's STABs, allowing it to switch in and OHKO with Flamethrower

Offensive:
0 SpA Moltres Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 124 SpD Scizor-Mega: 412-492 (120.1 - 143.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Defensive:
0 Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. 208 HP / 60 Def Moltres: 27-32 (7.2 - 8.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever
0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 208 HP / 60 Def Moltres: 47-56 (12.6 - 15%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+1 0 Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. 208 HP / 60 Def Moltres: 41-48 (10.9 - 12.8%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+1 0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 208 HP / 60 Def Moltres: 70-83 (18.7 - 22.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 0 Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. 208 HP / 60 Def Moltres: 55-64 (14.7 - 17.1%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 208 HP / 60 Def Moltres: 93-111 (24.9 - 29.7%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Since Curiosity is Busy I'll be setting up the vote. Good week for nominations

Nominations:

Checks
Rotom Wash
Dragon Tail Zygarde
Rocky Helm Chomp
Keldeo

Counters
Heatran
Toxapex
Charizard X
Celeestela
Magnezone
Doublade unusual But I'll allow it
Skarmory
Camerupt
Moltres

Sorry if my presentation is not as fancy as Curiosities but you'll all take it and like it lest I unleash the fairies of Hell apon your souls. You may all vote for 2 Checks and 2 Counters. Voting ends Saturday depending on participation. goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)