Thanks to Taptricity and faded love for the running the first iteration of this project. Approved by Sage . Amazing art by LifeisDANK !
Much like any other metagame, UnderUsed is constantly evolving with new threats rising while others go on a steep decline. New variables are always set in place as each tier shift goes by and UnderUsed adapts with it. With Sword and Shield, the DLC packs will throw a wrench into the metagame and shake things up as well. However, even the Pokemon that are on the top have answers that exploit their flaws, and this thread is dedicated to discovering all of them. Each week, I will post a set of a Pokemon and you participants will have a few days to submit a check or a counter. After all submissions are done, the voting phase will begin and voters will pick what they find to be the best check and counter to the set. But of course like any other project, we have to lay down some ground rules.
- Before submitting anything, you will have to keep in mind what a check and what a counter is by its definition. I will completely quote this from Smog Issue 32, "Pokémon A checks Pokémon B if, when Pokémon A is given a free switch into Pokémon B, Pokémon A can win every time, even under the worst case scenario, without factoring in hax. Pokémon A counters Pokémon B if Pokémon A can manually switch into Pokémon B and still win every time, even under the worst case scenario, without factoring in hax." If I deem your submission to not be a counter, then I will move it over to checks and vice versa.
- Please only post Pokemon that are viable in the UnderUsed metagame. Check out the viability rankings if you want to see what’s usable in the metagame. I will make exceptions however if you provide evidence (multiple high ladder or tournament replays that show that this Pokemon is able to accomplish its job along with a few calcs and a brief description of what that Pokemon does in the metagame) to back up this Pokemon.
- Besides submitting Pokemon that are unranked in UnderUsed, I only need at least 3 sentences for an explanation on why this Pokemon checks or counters the set.
- I do not require calcs or replays for your submissions, but you can submit them if it gives me a better idea of how your submission functions.
- The submissions are sets of Pokemon so I will allow sets of the same Pokemon to be submitted from different participants (ie: Person A submits a Choice Band Pangoro and Person B submits a Swords Dance Pangoro).
- You may reserve a set however you will have 24 hours to post it. If you don’t post it by this deadline then the set is fair game and anyone can submit it.
- I am completely fine with experimentation, but if I think the set is far too specific in removing the victim while completely worsening your matchups against everything else, I will disqualify it.
- During the voting phase, I will determine if you can vote for one check and counter or two checks and counters which will be determined by the number of Pokémon submitted in the week. You cannot vote for yourself. If any submissions are at a tie vote, I will be the sole vote to break the tie.
- Certain pokemon were previously banned in the last iteration, with dexit some mons may be added back onto the list if they become a trend. The only banned pokemon currently are pyukumuku and umbreon.
- If you’re going to criticize someone else’s set please be nice and helpful about it instead of just slandering the participant.
- Sets may be edited to be more viable by the hosts.
- Have some fun and enjoy this project!