Multi-gen Victory RoAd v2 [12P Won by Danilo]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed that being a simulation of the E4, the idea would be that they're good players, and beating them would be an achievement.

It isn't really an achievement then if you're not a better player than them, or if it's not designed to determine who is the better player.

At the same time though, people are free to play the game however they please, and it's not as if I'm going to lose sleep over it lol.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
If you're a lower quality player than the quality of the particular Elite 4 player you happen to be facing, it goes without saying that you probably are going to require some luck on your side in order to defeat said E4. If a certain E4 member truly is the single best player in the tier they're defending, then there is no way anyone is going to beat them without luck. It's that simple. We want this challenge to be hard, but not unbeatable. You'll see despite the fact that this was a best of 1 last time as well, only one person, and a very highly acclaimed one at that, was able to defeat the gauntlet. This isn't easy.

It isn't really an achievement then if you're not a better player than them, or if it's not designed to determine who is the better player.
That's terrible reasoning. No pokemon tournament ever was designed to find the "better" player. Pokemon has never been skill-independent.

lol????????
won in a clean game
beat ojama in a less clean game after a sequence where i tried to be generous but w/e. sorry "gg"

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
here are times i WONT be available. All times are EST (GMT -5):

- Dec. 28th 6pm to like around 11pm
- Dec 30th most likely all day.
- Dec 31st most likely all day.
- Jan 1st morning to afternoon. Should be available evening onwards.

To make this easier, let's just say if i'm not on IRC in #pokemon or #ruinsofalph, I'm not available to fight.

gorgie

Start of turn 4
The foe's Snorlax used Body Slam!
Bastard lost 191 HP! (41% of its health)

Bastard used Body Slam!
The foe's Snorlax lost 22% of its health!
The foe's Snorlax is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
yeah, im not too sure po is glitch-free for rby as yet...

Lavos

Banned deucer.
thanks floppy for a) times, and b) pointing out that PO is still shit for RBY, I'll edit the OP to reflect that. as for everyone else, challenges are now 100% open, get out there and beat some e4! sir is already halfway to his title, though he has dpp left which I've heard he's notoriously bad at =]

gorgie

won vs AM

@Crystal_: glitch maybe? there was no notifications of a crit or anything either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)