SS Ubers Volcarona-Dugtrio Core

Team : https://pokepast.es/3a683d9d869cfb46

This team revolves around Volcarona and uses Dugtrio as it's support

Dugtrio
As the introduction says it's Volcarona's support
It can trap Blissey without teleport and can 2HKO it if it doesn't have Defense EV's
Dugtrio can also weaken strong mons like Zacian-C, Eternatus and Kyurems
It can also outspeed anymon that has lower than 508 Speed

Volcarona
Volcarona is the main sweeper of this team
It can freely sweep once it's walls like Blissey and Tyrantitar are weakened
I use Giga Drain over Bug Buzz because it can weaken Quagsire and Rotom-W
Psychic is for Eternatus and Zamazenta and Fire Blast is pretty self explanatory

Necrozma-DM
Necrozma is a Defensive Wall that can wall strong Physical Attackers like Zacian-C and Melmetal
Thunder Wave can slow down Setup Mons like Volcarona and Blastoise
This defensive core's weakness is PP stalling because Necrozma has limited PP on Morning Sun and heal less in weather

Blissey
Blissey's role is to wall Special Attackers Necrozma-DM is weak to like Kyurem-White and Eternatus
Blissey is weak to Pressure Stallers like Stalltwo and Stall Eternatus
Blissey's goal is to setup Rocks, Toxic Stall and Freely Teleport

Mandibuzz
Mandibuzz is the team's hazard control
Since Madibuzz can't deal much damage it's just a free switch for Psychic Types
I've been thinking about changing Foul Play with Knock Off but I'll just let you decide
Mandibuzz's good HP and Defense make it a good Defensive Pivot to switch freely with U-Turn
Mandibuzz can also outspeed Defensive Creeps that have lower than 197 Speed

Eternatus
Since this team lacks offensive capability I thought about adding Eternatus
Eternatus can deal a decent amount of damage while Toxic Stalling
It's also a good late game wall due to Pressure and Deal double damage on Dynamax mons

Overall I think this is a pretty good team I would like to know your thoughts and give usage tips too please!

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Hi Flatemo, I wanted to give some feedback on the team, because I feel there's a bit of a thematic clash with the idea of the team with the rest of the mons on it.

Dugtrio + Volcarona can work as a nice partnership, however I picture that as being on more of an offensive build. If I was personally going for a trapper on this team, I'd go for Gothitelle over Duggy, using either its specs set or its trick cm rest psyshock set, and I would favour the specs set here. This improves your matchup vs opposing stall teams, while the things that Dugtrio traps that Gothitelle doesnt are mostly handled by the defensive core of this team already.

In addition to that, maintaining the theme of semistall with this build, I'd suggest going for Roost over one of Volcarona's coverage moves. This can potentially let you attempt a sweep more than once, and with Gothitelle trapping things like Quagsire/Blissey/Eternatus if you can get it in freely, you wont need the coverage slot as much. In a similar vein, I'd personally consider going for Aromatherapy over Toxic on your Blissey, as while this does limit you more offensively, it means your team is not crippled by hazard-spamming teams, especially if Volcarona were to be status'd.

The biggest issue I see for this team would be Sand Offence, so in that vein I'd suggest using a physically defensive Corviknight to replace Mandibuzz, with a set of Body Press, Roost, Defog and U-turn, fully physically defensive. With a rocky Helmet this also gives you an additional pivot to try to handle Zacian, and it can also win hazard wars long term that Mandibuzz struggles to thanks to the Pressure ability. It also doesnt lose you any momentum users.

Hi Flatemo, I wanted to give some feedback on the team, because I feel there's a bit of a thematic clash with the idea of the team with the rest of the mons on it.

Dugtrio + Volcarona can work as a nice partnership, however I picture that as being on more of an offensive build. If I was personally going for a trapper on this team, I'd go for Gothitelle over Duggy, using either its specs set or its trick cm rest psyshock set, and I would favour the specs set here. This improves your matchup vs opposing stall teams, while the things that Dugtrio traps that Gothitelle doesnt are mostly handled by the defensive core of this team already.

In addition to that, maintaining the theme of semistall with this build, I'd suggest going for Roost over one of Volcarona's coverage moves. This can potentially let you attempt a sweep more than once, and with Gothitelle trapping things like Quagsire/Blissey/Eternatus if you can get it in freely, you wont need the coverage slot as much. In a similar vein, I'd personally consider going for Aromatherapy over Toxic on your Blissey, as while this does limit you more offensively, it means your team is not crippled by hazard-spamming teams, especially if Volcarona were to be status'd.

The biggest issue I see for this team would be Sand Offence, so in that vein I'd suggest using a physically defensive Corviknight to replace Mandibuzz, with a set of Body Press, Roost, Defog and U-turn, fully physically defensive. With a rocky Helmet this also gives you an additional pivot to try to handle Zacian, and it can also win hazard wars long term that Mandibuzz struggles to thanks to the Pressure ability. It also doesnt lose you any momentum users.
Thanks for the feedback, but what about Blissey? Since I have Gothitelle, Eternatus and Volcarona: Corviknight can't really defeat Blissey since it can just switch to other mons plus I dunno if I should change Eternatus since I'm trying to make Balance teams

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Gothitelle is the blissey answer. It traps any non-shed shell blissey and tricks it the choice specs/scarf so that Blissey becomes fairly useless in the long game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)