Politoed (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Toxic

I chose Politoed for his fantastic ability: Drizzle; so my water pokemon get a boost and my steel pokemon are less weak to fire; as a lead I chose a bulky set with a good move coverage.

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Scizor, other than be my favorite pokemon, is my main attacker and the core of a "classic" Volt-turn team; with this EV spread and a Choice Band is a good reveng killer and can do massive damage.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-W, like Scizor, is the core of a "classic" Volt-turn team, and I made it specially defensive to help Scizor and Gliscor; Will-O-Wisp can cripple physical attacker and Pain Split is, most time, an unexpected move (and is good!)

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost

Gliscor is here becouse: a) with this set is a good wall and b) he is resistent to Fighting, Rock and electrick (that aren't covered by Scizor+Rotom-W).

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 SAtk / 252 Spd / 8 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is my only Rapid Spinner (We know Entry Hazard can cripple this strategy) and is also a fast special sweeper; Thunder is another niche of the rain ;).

Breloom (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 Spd / 8 HP
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Stone Edge
- Spore

Breloom is the 2° main attacker and can cover the Grass weakness of the team; with Spore he can cripple many pokemon and, like Scyther, he is a good revenge killer.

PS:
Don't suggest legendary pokemon, we (me and my friends) don't use them

I want to hear your suggestions, so remember to comment ;)​

Last edited:
Hi ReadytoRoll,

It would be helpful if you could add some more description (about three lines is good) for each of your Pokemon: saying how each of the Pokemon's moves, EVs, and items help contribute to its function and how each Pokemon works with the other Pokemon on the team. Right now, with only the importable and a line of description, its hard to give your team a thorough rate.

Thanks for adding in more description.

This is a pretty cool VoltTurn Rain team. I think your largest problem is going to be strong fighting-type Pokemon like Keldeo and Terrakion as you lack a fight-type resist. Although Forretress can sponge a few hits, a lack of recovery beyond Leftovers means its going to be worn down quickly. Bulky waters such as Jellicent and Vaporeon also look problematic. Since they often have recovery, Rotom-W will have a hard time breaking through them with Volt Switch without any offensive investment.

To help with this, I think you should switch Forretress to a Landorus-T with U-turn, Earthquake, HP Ice, and Stealth Rocks. Although you lose the ability to spin away hazards, your team isn't very hazard weak. In addition, Forretress seems a bit redundant with Scizor because they share the same typing. Landorus-T also gives you an important fighting-type resist, as well as a useful fighting-type resist. U-turn gains momentum, Earthquake is STAB, HP Ice gives Lando-T good coverage, while Stealth Rocks helps to wear down opposing Pokemon. Stone Edge can be used over HP Ice if you don't want to lower Lando-T's special defense.

I think you should also switch Hydregion to a Scarf Celebi with Giga Drain, Psychic, U-turn, and HP Ice. This gives you another fighting-type resist that can also check Keldeo really well. In addition, Celebi can take down Gastrodon and Breloom, which could otherwise be a large problem for your team. As for its moveset, Giga Drain and Psychic are STAB moves, U-turn keeps with the theme of the team, and HP Ice rounds if Celebi's coverage. Trick can also be used to cripple slow Pokemon, while Earth Power is another option to hit Magnezone/Lucario.

With Celebi, HP Grass on Politoad isn't really needed. I recommend you use Toxic instead to cripple common Politoad switch ins such as Jellicent, Latios/Latios, and Gastrodon.

Hope this helps!

Sets:
Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 172 Def / 248 HP / 88 Spd
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Thanks you for your suggestion, but I forgot to say that this team is made for battles with my friends and we don't use legendary pokemon; but I think your right about Forretress, I'll look for another rapid spinner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)