Vote for Champion

Which candidate do you vote for?

• Foodbomb4675

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Mario60866iPod13

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Write-in (state below in commentary who you vote for)

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Gamerboy164

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario60866iPod13

Banned deucer.
It's that time of year again... Wait none of you know what this vote is about!

Every year, I have a vote poll to decide who the champion out of my friends and family is for that year. We always have truthish candidate (who believes we should be preservative) and an Idealist candidate (who believes we should be more accepting and open to new ideas). Whoever gets to 270 votes first is this year's champion!

Normally I do this only among my community at home so we have very biased votes. I am excited to bring it to the internet finally because now I can get more votes based on personal opinion and unbiased votes.

This year's truthish candidate is Foodbomb4675 and this year's idealist candidate is me, Mario60866iPod13. Below, I have put on trainer cards and descriptions of each person. Cast your vote in the top poll!

foodbomb4675_truthish_candidate.png

Our truthish candidate: Foodbomb4675
*his favorite Pokemon is Scizor
*Is extremely conservative true to his party (he is anti LGBT and is preservative of family values, and is not open to other ideas)
*Hates various Pokemon such as Greninja, Wobbuffet, and Eevee
*Does not approve of Pokemon hacking
*Favorite game is most likely Pokemon White 2

Mario60866iPod13_idealist_candidate.png

Our idealist candidate: Mario60866iPod13 (that's me)
*My favorite Pokemon is Giratina
*I am super libertarian; I am pro LGBT (being a member of this group myself) and accept all sorts of different new ideas, and bring back old ones at will
*I never met a Pokemon I didn't like
*I do approve of Pokemon hacking for event legendary Pokemon such as Darkrai and Arceus, and treat them as legitimate. Regarding Pokemon with illegal movesets and abilities, I am fine with this being a thing and like the idea of a separate metagames for legitimate and hacked Pokemon.
*My favorite Pokemon games is Platinum, my second favorite is Sapphire, and my third favorite is UltraSun.

I can't help but feel like foodbomb4675 was poorly represented-perhaps maliciously so-by your depiction of his beliefs and values. For example, did you not even ask foodbomb his favorite pokemon game before you filled out your (presumably) self-created questionnaire. This leads me to believe that you have purposefully portrayed foodbomb4675 in order to have a greater chance of winning your 2021 family/friend championship, and I will therefore be supporting the thruthish, preservative candidate during this year's competition.

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
I find it hard to believe that OP, Mario60866iPod13, is in possession of a shiny Gyarados. Do you know how rare those things are? I'll answer for you: they are very rare. It's like owning a jaguar as a pet; yeah its cool and owning a jaguar gives you enormous Sigma energy, but you're also contributing to the exportation of exotic animals, which I cannot abide by. Therefore I'm voting for Foodbomb4675, whom I hope will use their champion powers to stop the exotic pet trade once and for all.

Mario60866iPod13

Banned deucer.
I find it hard to believe that OP, Mario60866iPod13, is in possession of a shiny Gyarados. Do you know how rare those things are? I'll answer for you: they are very rare. It's like owning a jaguar as a pet; yeah its cool and owning a jaguar gives you enormous Sigma energy, but you're also contributing to the exportation of exotic animals, which I cannot abide by. Therefore I'm voting for Foodbomb4675, whom I hope will use their champion powers to stop the exotic pet trade once and for all.
I have quite a few shiny Pokemon. I even have a shiny Registeel and a shiny Metagross. I got my Gyarados in a trade with my best friend in 2015.

Mario60866iPod13

Banned deucer.
Just a reminder, if you are writing someone in, please state who it is. Otherwise I can't count it as a vote because it does not identify a candidate and therefore I cannot tell if people selecting this person are voting for the same alternative candidate or all different people. Additionally if I can't identify the person I cannot put a name into the vote.

Last edited:

Mario60866iPod13

Banned deucer.
Note that people can intentionally spoil a ballot as a sign of protest with the options available. If there's a large number of votes for "invalid," you may want to reconsider your electoral system.
I wish I could do it this way but the fact is I have no other way of collecting votes than this. I do not wish to invalidate the votes so now I will unsecrify the ballot. Thank you for your advice.

Mario60866iPod13

Banned deucer.
Additionally, you ARE permitted to vote for yourself, but you CANNOT vote for the same person twice through the means of alt accounts. I don't even know that alts are permitted on Smogon to begin with.

Mario60866iPod13

Banned deucer.
I can't help but feel like foodbomb4675 was poorly represented-perhaps maliciously so-by your depiction of his beliefs and values. For example, did you not even ask foodbomb his favorite pokemon game before you filled out your (presumably) self-created questionnaire. This leads me to believe that you have purposefully portrayed foodbomb4675 in order to have a greater chance of winning your 2021 family/friend championship, and I will therefore be supporting the thruthish, preservative candidate during this year's competition.
He was represented this way specifically because this is actually what he believes. Although I did write the ballot, I did not use any type of bias for one candidate over the other.

Fragments

Bound to burn
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
He was represented this way specifically because this is actually what he believes. Although I did write the ballot, I did not use any type of bias for one candidate over the other.
I would have to respectfully disagree. Foodbomb4675 (hereafter referred to as Foodbomb) was represented by everything that he abhors, whereas you represented yourself in terms of everything that you love. Anyone who reads this ballot would surely say Foodbomb is a hateful individual while you are the more kindhearted candidate. Why were no categories where you exhibited the dissenting opinion included? This ballot is extraordinarily biased against Foodbomb, so I must support him as the true champion of the 2021 friends and family championship and encourage others to do the same.

Mario60866iPod13

Banned deucer.
It's that time of year again... Wait none of you know what this vote is about!

Every year, I have a vote poll to decide who the champion out of my friends and family is for that year. We always have truthish candidate (who believes we should be preservative) and an Idealist candidate (who believes we should be more accepting and open to new ideas). Whoever gets to 270 votes first is this year's champion!

Normally I do this only among my community at home so we have very biased votes. I am excited to bring it to the internet finally because now I can get more votes based on personal opinion and unbiased votes.

This year's truthish candidate is Foodbomb4675 and this year's idealist candidate is me, Mario60866iPod13. Below, I have put on trainer cards and descriptions of each person. Cast your vote in the top poll!

View attachment 387700
Our truthish candidate: Foodbomb4675
*his favorite Pokemon is Scizor
*Is extremely conservative true to his party (he is anti LGBT and is preservative of family values, and is not open to other ideas)
*Hates various Pokemon such as Greninja, Wobbuffet, and Eevee
*Does not approve of Pokemon hacking
*Favorite game is most likely Pokemon White 2

View attachment 387699
Our idealist candidate: Mario60866iPod13 (that's me)
*My favorite Pokemon is Giratina
*I am super libertarian; I am pro LGBT (being a member of this group myself) and accept all sorts of different new ideas, and bring back old ones at will
*I never met a Pokemon I didn't like
*I do approve of Pokemon hacking for event legendary Pokemon such as Darkrai and Arceus, and treat them as legitimate. Regarding Pokemon with illegal movesets and abilities, I am fine with this being a thing and like the idea of a separate metagames for legitimate and hacked Pokemon.
*My favorite Pokemon games is Platinum, my second favorite is Sapphire, and my third favorite is UltraSun.
We have a new major candidate: Gamerboy164! He is in the Reform party (he is on the way from truthish to Idealist). He was added because of his champion-like qualities and because he is popular enough among my friends to have received his own ballot.
About him...
*His favorite Pokemon is Sceptile or Lucario... Or is it Cinderace? (He never decides on one)
*He is also anti-LGBT but not to the extent of Gamerboy164. I might actually be able to grind this guy into changing his opinions on that topic to be proper unlike another candidate who I noticed has a LOT of votes... Otherwise, Gamerboy164 is somewhat libertarian but not to the extent I am.
*He hates the Pokemon Jynx just because he thinks it looks weird.
*He jumps around between liking hacking and not liking it.
*His favorite Pokemon games are Alpha Sapphire and Ultra Sun.

Same with us, to be elected champion, Gamerboy164 must receive 270 votes first, or be the most voted for when the poll closes. (I forgot to mention earlier: if the poll closes before someone reaches 270, we will simply go with whoever has the most votes.)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)