National Dex Voulez-Vous: Mega Gallade Spikestack (250th Post)

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Pre-Contributor
Voulez-Vous

TEAMBUILDING

:sm/gallade-mega: | :sm/kartana:|:ss/regieleki:| :xy/weavile:| :ss/zapdos-galar: | :ss/ferrothorn:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:gallade-mega: :kartana::poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball:

Mega Gallade was the first addition to the team. It breaks Poison-types such as Toxapex and Blissey, which opens up the door for Kartana and Regieleki. After the breakthrough, Scarf Kartana runs through weakened teams that Mega Gallade has broken through. Additionally, Beast Boost lets it snowball very easily. Additionally, it overloads Landorus-T due to the amount of things that it checks.

:gallade-mega: :kartana: :regieleki: :weavile: :poke ball: :poke ball:

Specs Regieleki is an insanely hard-hitting special attacker with Transistor- and Specs-boosted STAB Thunderbolt. It also applies a ton of pressure on Ground-types that can check it. This is where Weavile comes in; it destroys Landorus-T, Zapdos, and Gliscor, which would check the team's main attackers. Additionally, it gains a ton of momentum when the Flying-types are forced out with Swords Dance.

:gallade-mega: :kartana: :regieleki: :weavile: :zapdos-galar: :poke ball:

Zapdos-Galar punishes Landorus-T and other Intimidate leads with Defiant. It also punishes Defog, while Flyinium Z lets it decimate things after a Bulk Up or Defiant boost.

:gallade-mega: :kartana: :regieleki: :weavile: :zapdos-galar: :ferrothorn:

Ferrothorn is the main (only) defensive 'mon (although having two x4 Fire weaknesses aren't great). It sets Spikes and checks Ground-types alongside Zapdos-G. Additionally, Iron Barbs punishes Rapid Spin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SETS

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

Swords Dance
Zen Headbutt
Close Combat
Knock Off

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

Leaf Blade
Knock Off
Sacred Sword

Smart Strike

Regieleki @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Explosion
Rapid Spin

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

Swords Dance
Triple Axel
Knock Off
Ice Shard

Zapdos-Galar @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Bulk Up
Thunderous Kick
Brave Bird
Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
Spikes

Knock Off
Leech Seed
Power Whip

THREATLIST

:charizard-mega-y: Mega Charizard Y completely rips through 1/2 of the team, which is an issue. However, Regieleki checks it quite well if you can get it in.

:Landorus-therian: / :zapdos: / :gliscor: All of these Flying-types are incredibly hard to beat without Weavile. However, Weavile can break through them and scare them out.

:greninja: with Hidden Power
: It breaks through Weavile, Ferrothorn, Kartana, and Zapdos-G; however, Regieleki breaks it quite easily.

REPLAYS

Disclaimer: The previous version of this team used a Victini. I am still compiling replays with Weavile. Thanks!

SHOUTOUTS

The entire Monotype community for my main tier, thank you so much. I'd be floating around all tiers and all gens if I hadn't found the tier. I made this team mostly by myself, but thanks to the NatDex room for some very good suggestions.

IMPORTABLE

Voulez-Vous (pokepast.es)

Last edited:
Interesting Regieleki. I'm not sure you ever want to be locked on Rapid Spin, but if people say it's worth it ok. Why spikes not SR ferro?

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Spikes (if you get three layers) are honestly more valuable IMO, since you beat every Flying-type with either Regieleki or Weavile.
On the other hand, Stealth Rock is faster to setup because your opponent wont let you stay in for three turns to hazard stack on them. Also, hitting flying types to chip them down is still valuable because you may not always have the two you mentioned in play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)