Vulpix

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'awww! Wait, why are we talking about Vulpix in a non-little-cup format again? Oh that's right. Vulpix is the Pokemon every sun team needs to have, due to its ability Drought. However, Vulpix's stats are pretty cringe-worthy, even after the Evolite boosts.

But you need Vulpix for your team, if you want to run sun. So what are some potential sets?

Vulpix (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Flamethrower

This gives relatively even defenses and can tank unboosted supereffective hits and retaliate with a Will-O-Wisp or a Toxic. Substitute eases protection on the switch, and Flamethrower can 2HKO things it hits super-effectively in the sun. I never said it was powerful.

Vulpix (F) @ Shed shell
Trait: Drought
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 (SDef/Spe)
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Rest
- Filler (Wow, Flamethower, FB, Hypnosis, etc...)
- Filler (Wow, Flamethower, FB, Hypnosis, etc...)

The only job of this set is swich in-swich out, shed shell is for the dugtrio that peole has been running to kill vulpix, and max deense and hp is for the rare pursuit, he just scapes to another bulkier poke to take the hit, rest is for SR damage and the Evs lets you swich in 4 times after the SR is up rest lets you heal yourself and it doesn't matter if you are sleep to set the sun so you don't have to care about the new sleep mechanics, and protect to scout better the moves, the rest is a filler for what you need

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah while I see the merit in having a different thread for the weather starter (abomasnow/hail maybe) it doesn't really work when the weather starter is a pretty terrible pokemon and the entire point of the topic is "what the hell do i do to make the slot not completely worthless outside of its ability"

that question could probably go in the drought thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)