SM OU Walking the Wire

8 Sem Título-1.jpg

Hi (I do not know how to start a conversation lmao and i dont find a better music link so i changed the name of RMT) first of all, English is not my first language so sorry if there is an error. Having already apologized let's talk about my team that I did around Sub SD Tapu Bulu and Sub ElecZ Magnezone, why I did on top of that core? I really dont know I did when I came across this set of Bulu in C & C and I fell in love with it (the same thing was with Zone), so let's explain how my process was.
whomstde.png

Teambuilder Process

As mentioned above I started with the core of Tapu Bulu and Magnezone, as the two together form an excellent offensive core as Magnezone trap and kill Ferrothorn, M-Scizor, Skarmory and Celesteela allowing Tapu Bulu to use Stone Edge over Superpower to hit Zapdos , Volcarona and Zards.

Since this core is weak against Fire Types like Zards, Heatran and Volcarona then I put Toxapex to lessen my weakness against these pokemons and have a better Matchup against Ash Greninja, Magearna without TBolt and other Special Attackers, in addition to offering Toxic Spikes that is great for weakening things like Unaware Clefable and Quagsire.

Now I needed a Defogger and a form of Speed Control, first I thought of Scarf Kartana but for me Scarf Kartana with Defog is a meme so I put Latios who is currently one of the best Scarfers of the Metagame.

I really do not know why I chose Clefable at the time as Stealth Rock Setter but our fairy served a lot of quality on the team, as well as putting Rocks in the field is also my only entry for nonBand Zygarde and a Yellow Magic Thunder Wave spreader.

You may be wondering why I put Hawlucha in the last Slot, but in my preference I like to put a ScarfMon and a HighSpeed Mon into teams that need Speed Control (ignore the fact that Clefable with Twave its a form of Speed Control). Also Hawlucha is my Late-Game Sweeper that helped me a lot to win (Actually was Latios but our Mexican Hawk needs some attention) of Rain Teams and damn Kokos.
whomstde.png

Team Depth-Analisys

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Horn Leech
Substitute
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

Well as everyone already knows I chose Tapu Bulu as the pokemon I would make a team on but what you do not know was why this set, so I'll explain. Tapu Bulu already beats very strong with his Stab Horn Leech in the Grassy Terrain and has a good coverage in Superpower and Stone Miss Edge besides to have access to Swords Dance, with Substitute Bulu can surely Setupar in Toxapex (since Pexnao can do HazeStall because you is a f*cking Bulu under Grassy Terrain), Quagsire, M-Sableye (beware of WoW) and other passive pokemons making SubSDBulu an excellent Balance Breaker. Stone Edge is used over Superpower because we already have Magnezone to hold Steela, Ferro, Skarm and other damn Steel Types being that you can give 2HKO in Heatran with Stone Edge. The rest does not need explanation, Swords Dance increases Bulu's ATK, Substitute prevents Bulu from carrying Status, Horn Leech is for Stab and recovers life which is useful which increases the longevity of Bulu and Life Orb to increase the damage of your moves losing only 3% of life (Grassy Terrain recovery).

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Thunderbolt
Substitute
Flash Cannon
Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone is mainly here to trap and kill Steela, Skarm and Ferro as said earlier, allowing Bulu to use Stone Edge over Superpower. I chose Sub Z set because I am not a fan of using AV Zone and also because it prevents me from taking Leech Seed and giving a guaranteed blow. Electrium Z makes Thunderbolt in Gigavolt Havoc that allows OHKO in Celesteela and 2HKO in Bulky Heatran, Steelinium Z can also be used to deal a lot of damage in Landorus Therian, Zygarde and Garchomp.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
Haze
Recover
Scald
Toxic Spikes

Our old Thapex, always walling any Special Attacker of the tier except Lele, Koko, Alaka and Latios, is also one of the most hated pokemons in the ladder (use it with Steela and watch the ladder cry). the set is well standart taking 0 IVs in Speed that is nothing more nothing less to outspeed Alola Marowak in the Trick Room that can save the match, other than this Toxic Spikes forces the opponent that does not have a Poison Type to use Defog / Rapid Spin giving a Free turn to Setup or Attack, Scald to Burn and not be Taunt's Total Bait, Recover to recover your HP and Haze to take Stats Boost, preventing from making Pex a Setup Fodder.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Defog
Psyshock
Draco Meteor
Thunderbolt

Latios is the revenge killer of our team killing Ash Greninja, Landorus-Therian, Volcarona without boosts, weakened Lele, Keldeo and other pokemons that can kill the three pokemons above. besides is the team defogger removing Spikes / Tspikes, Stealth Rocks and Sticky Webs / Aurora Veil. On the move, the only one that deserves explanation is Thunderbolt, which serves first to kill Ash Greninja without having to risk on the Draco miss Meteor, in addition to having a move to beat heatran (though no damage at Bulky Heatran). Scarf Latias with Healing Wish / Defog / Draco Meteor / Psyshock is also an option to use instead of Latios that besides removing Hazards has Healing Wish that helps a lot the rest of the team.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
Stealth Rock
Moonblast
Soft-Boiled
Thunder Wave

Clefable is on the team to put Stealth Rocks in the field without fearing M-Sableye, spreading Twave in fast pokemons like M-Lopunny and AshGreninja and most importantly, wall Zygarde to the end of hell. Clefable also absorbs status as burn and poison thanks to its Magic Guard ability. In general, your moves are very self explanatory: Moonblast to a strong Stab with a chance to drop SPatk, Stealth Rock to deal damage on incoming enemies, Soft Boiled to recover HP and Twave to end the happiness of fast pokemons.

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
High Jump Kick
Swords Dance
Acrobatics
Poison Jab

At last but not least we have Hawlucha, our win condition and Late Game Sweeper. Hawlucha's incredible Unburden ability allows him to bypass the entire metagame when he activates his Grassy Seed by gaining +1 def boost, making pokemons with physical / neutral moves ineffective in fodder setup. The set is very self explanatory except Poison Jab which hits Tapus and Unaware Clefable.
whomstde.png

Threatlist

Tapu Koko does a lot of work for the team since our SPdef wall loses it. The best way to deal with Koko is to slowly weaken him with Stealth Rock + Toxic Spikes and end it with Hawlucha or Latios.

Just click (X), you cant do nothing LMAO

Mega lopunny is a pain in the ass for Offense and Balanced by the combination of high speed and high attack and Stabs without resistance with Scrappy. The only way to face is the same as Tapu Koko: Weaken it and kill Latios / Hawlucha.

Facing Rain Teams is difficult, but not impossible. If you are facing Specs Pelipper it will be easier to win otherwise will be more annoying, then revenge kill M-Swampert or Kingdra, very easy.
whomstde.png

Importable and Bonus

https://pokepast.es/4762012f1ff1da6a

Nothing yet but you can see this squirrel singing Vitas

Last edited:
Reactions: Wob
Hi, so your team appears fine but there are some serious flaws one can notice upon closer inspection. I'm going to be pointing them out to you not to discourage or be mean to you but hopefully these pointers help you out when you build your next team.

1. Your team doesn't have an electric immunity like alowak or ground type like landot. This is a problem because there's nothing stopping tapu koko from chipping down your entire team via volt switch and gaining momentum at the same time.

2. Your team doesn't have a sturdy steel type like av mag, ferro or celesteela. This is crucial for any non ho teams because that stops tapu lele, mainly its choice specs set from tearing through the team with ease. Your magnezone isn't av and itll probably be easily 2hkoed by specs psychic and lele and come in on latios, toxapex and clef relatively comfortably which spells trouble.

3. Since you have bulu and hawlucha on the same team, a mega pinsir resist or flying resist however u like to call it is mandatory to prevent it from running your team over. Some examples would be tapu koko for more offensive choice then zapdos and celesteela for defensive ones. Also, pinsir is very commonly paired with tapu koko which can volt/uturn out on grasses/magnezone to bring it in to cause problems.

4. I think mew has been dropping in usage but if you noticed your entire team gets irritated by will o wisp. A well played mew can potentially stick around for the entirety of the match and just burn everything with wisp and just being a very irritating wall to break through.

I think personally it's going to be hard to make any minor changes to improve this team so I'm sorry about that. Quite a lot of changes are going to be need to be made.

Last edited:
In keeping with the above, a Lightningrod Alolan Marowak would do wonders for your team. It would have enough bulk to endure an attack from Pinsir and Ko it, is immune to Will O WIsp, and absorbs Volt Switch. I would put it in place of MAgnezone, since it can do most of the stuff you reasoned to put Skarmory in you team. Sure it an't force them to stay in and get bodied, but forcing switches is a good way to get momentum.

Thank to you for calling attention to these mistakes, I did not even think of M-Pinsir when I made this team and after having done the RMT I faced 3 M-Pinsir and a Mew and it was painful to play against. And I'm rebuilding the team to avoid being super weak against these 2 pokemons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)