move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: Dragon Pulse
item: Choice Specs
ability: Protosynthesis
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
tera type: Water / Fairy / Steel

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Walking Wake is one of the most dangerous sun wallbreakers in Ubers, capable of 2HKOing even the bulkiest of Water resists and special walls alike.
  • Hydro Steam is Walking Wake's most spammable move; in sun, it 2HKOes Koraidon, OHKOes Flutter Mane, and 2HKOes Toxapex, making it very hard for teams to have a consistent switch-in to it.
  • Dragon Pulse, albeit weaker than Draco Meteor, doesn't come with any drawbacks, making it a much better move to spam if lowering Walking Wake's Special Attack is not desired.
  • Tera Water turns Walking Wake into an unwallable Pokemon, 2HKOing defensive walls like Blissey and OHKOing offensive pivots like Assault Vest Flutter Mane in sun. Tera Fairy can be used instead, as it gives Walking Wake useful resistances to Sucker Punch from Chien-Pao and Kingambit while also making it immune to Dragon-type attacks from Koraidon and Miraidon. Lastly, Tera Steel gives Walking Wake a resistance to Iron Bundle's Ice-type attacks, mainly Freeze Dry.
  • A Modest nature lets Walking Wake wallbreak with extreme ease, allowing for Draco Meteor to 2HKO Clodsire in sun. Alternatively, a Timid nature gets the jump on Timid Chi-Yu and opposing Modest Walking Wake, although the difference in power is very noticeable.
  • Walking Wake is best suited for offensive sun teams and should be used as such, making use of its unique typing to switch into Pokemon like Chi-Yu and counterattack with a nuclear Hydro Steam.
  • Walking Wake is somewhat slow for Ubers standards, so fast partners like Choice Scarf Koraidon and Flutter Mane are a must to compensate for its Speed stat. Koraidon's sun also greatly powers up Walking Wake's attacks.
  • Secondary wallbreakers such as Flutter Mane and Chi-Yu are also recommended, as Walking Wake's Speed hinders its performance as a standalone wallbreaker. Defensive teammates like Clodsire and Great Tusk are also helpful, as they check Miraidon, Flutter Mane, and Koraidon, respectively.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[corvere, 306317]]
- Quality checked by: [[ox04, 507268], [Lasen, 273339]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Aurora, 109385]]

Last edited:
You only ever use the first 3 moves and you basically never Tera Wake anyways, so Tera Blast I think is better than Dragon Pulse. Tera Fairy to get a cheese KO on Koraidon is fine, but I think it's definitely inferior to Tera Ground. I get that Tera Water is used for Blissey and stuff, but you outstall Blissey with Steam anyway so the only other point is to OHKO Ting-Lu and AV Mane (that comes to mind anyway), which generally isn't worth it. Tera Steel is fine, but definitely not as good as Fairy because Tera Blast is turned into an incredibly spammable STAB move, as Fairy resists are found few and far between.

Make Tera Blast the first slash on the fourth moveslot, and then also slash Surf in addition to Dragon Pulse (in whichever order). Make Tera Fairy first, Tera Water second (I get your points about it and it can definitely make playing around Wake harder), Tera Steel last. Timid second slash, you outspeed stuff like Timid Chi-Yu, Treads, Leaves and other Wakes (since Chi-Yu is your primary victim, I think you want to be certain that you don't get screwed up by a random Timid one).

Does the name really have to be in all caps? QC: 1/2 (after implementation).

Last edited:

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Contributor to Smogon
implemented everything but the mentions of tera blast and surf. tera blast is too weak as a move, even after terastalizing. yes fairy is a good offensive typing but most neutral targets could (and will) eat a tera blast fairy with extreme ease, unlike stuff like sun-boosted hydro steams. surf could be good but its weaker than hydro steam in and outside of sun. plus, even outside of sun, hydro steam already 2hkos tinglu.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
mention that in sun, Modest allows you to 2HKO Clodsire with Draco Meteor. I also wouldn't call it slow, maybe say it's got middling Speed for Ubers standards.

2/2
QC_stamp.gif

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
add
remove
comments

:sv/walking-wake:

[SET]
name: DINOCUNE
move 1: Hydro Steam
move 2: Draco Meteor
move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: Dragon Pulse
item: Choice Specs
ability: Protosynthesis
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
tera type: Water / Fairy / Steel

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Walking Wake is one of the most dangerous sun wallbreakers and sun abusers in the current Ubers metagame, capable of 2HKOing even the bulkiest of Water resists and special walls alike.
  • Hydro Steam is Walking Wake's most spammable move; in sun, it 2HKOes Koraidon, OHKOes Flutter Mane, and 2HKOes Toxapex, making it very hard for teams to have a consistent switch-in to it.
  • Dragon Pulse, albeit weaker than Draco Meteor, doesn't come with any drawbacks, making it a much better move to spam if lowering Walking Wake's Special Attack is not desired.
  • Tera Water turns Walking Wake into an unwallable Pokemon, 2HKOing defensive walls like Blissey and OHKOing offensive pivots like Assault Vest Flutter Mane in sun. Tera Fairy can be used instead, as it gives Walking Wake useful resistances to Sucker Punch from Chien-Pao and Kingambit, (remove comma) while also making it immune to Dragon-type attacks from Koraidon and Miraidon. Lastly, Tera Steel resists gives Walking Wake a resistance to Iron Bundle's Ice-type attacks, mainly Freeze Dry.
  • A Modest nature lets Walking Wake wallbreak with extreme ease, allowing for Draco Meteor to 2HKO Clodsire in sun. Alternatively, a Timid nature gets the jump on Timid Chi-Yu, (remove comma) and opposing Modest Walking Wake, although the difference in power is very noticeable.
  • Walking Wake is best suited for offensive sun teams and should be used as such, making use of its unique typing to switch into Pokemon like Chi-Yu to and then counterattack with a nuclear Hydro Steam.
  • Walking Wake is mildly somewhat slow for Ubers standards, so fast partners like Choice Scarf Koraidon and Flutter Mane are a must to compensate for its Speed stat. Koraidon's sun also greatly powers up Walking Wake's attacks to astronomical levels.
  • Secondary wallbreakers such as Flutter Mane and Chi-Yu are also recommended, as Walking Wake's Speed makes it not a very good hinders its performance as a standalone wallbreaker. Defensive teammates like Clodsire and defensive Great Tusk are wanted as well also helpful, as they check Miraidon, Flutter Mane, and Koraidon, (add comma) respectively. (add full stop) , for Walking Wake.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[corvere, 306317]]
- Quality checked by: [[ox04, 507268], [Lasen, 273339]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Aurora, 109385]]

GP Team done
Aurora_Small.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)