SM OU Wallbreaker Triple Volt-Turn

Greetings Smogon!

After months of scouring the OU tier for the best team archtype, I think I have found a collection of mons that has the best offensive match up in the OU tier, having virtually no defensive cores (aside from probably some kind of stall) that can beat them. To support this, I added a bulky defensive two-pokemon core with volt turn to more easily bring these pokemon in. While having an less than ideal matchup with stall and struggling with some specific offensive threats and a couple defensive cores, this team, with proper prediction and execution, will win the majority of its games.​

SMASH FOR THE CLOUT; DASH, I'M OUT
1541811948942.png

CLOUT GANG (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

The first wallbreaker and, in my opinion, the best wallbreaker in the OU tier alonside of mega Mawile. There are very few defensive pokemon, let alone cores, that can stand up to medicham. Couple in the fact that it is supported by triple volt-turn and you will find that there are many opportunities throughout games where medicham gets in at the end of a turn untouched. The EVs and moveset are self-explanatory. Fake out is very useful for revenge killing as well as scouting lead sets (for example, whether or not a lead landorus is scarf or defensive, which mega a charizard is, etc). HJK for hitting everything that isn't a ghost. ZH is mostly for pex, but also for a solid secdonary STAB that doesn't destroy half health on a miss. Ice punch is for the multitude of ground/dragon/flying dual typings as well as grass types like tangrowth and bulu.

CHECK IN WITH ME, AND DO YOUR JOB

RIDE WITH THE MOB (Kartana) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Originally scarf kartana (and timid for a period of time), this set has been the final solidified set, and by far the most effective. SD kartana with z-fight has almost no counters. Would be checks, like celesteela, tangrowth, and landorus get smashed by a +2 kartana. While I do miss the snowballing revenge killing that scarf kartana provided, this gives me a much better way to break through teams and the ability to switch moves. Swords dance is run alongside of dual stab and sacred sword for the most complete coverage of the current metagame. Kartana is typically used as a late game cleaner or a mid game breaker if it is clear that it won't sweep.

SLIDIN' ON THE WATER LIKE A JETSKI

RIC FLAIR DRIP (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Still as busted as the day it was released. I really think this mon is comparable to a special medicham. Aside from chansey and bulky water/grass/fairies, this thing has no switchins, especially once ash form is reached. Greninja and kartana share a lot of counters, such as tangrowth and magearna, which helps them to break for each other. Again, standard moveset, but it works incredibly well. There have been times where I would rather run waterium Z, but not enough where I would want to take the Z crystal off of kartana. Spikes is run in the last slot to acquire further chip damage, getting mons into the range of kartana and medicham.

TAKE OVER THE WORLD WHILE THESE HATERS GETTING MAD

BUILD THE WALL (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn

This is clearly the most unorthodox set on the and there are times that I wish it was different, but it is simply too good at what it does. Scarf koko is meant to outspeed the entire relevant metagame. In addition to this, it is the main momentum gatherer for the previous three mons. Tapu koko outspeeds nearly all scarfers and fastest mons of the OU tier, namely scarf greninja, scarf kartana, tornadus, mega alakazam, and scarf serperior, among others. In addition to this, it is able to outspeed many setup sweepers at +1 speed, notably gyarados, zygarde, blacephalon, magearna (+2), some rain sweepers, and mega tyranitar (+2). In addition to runnning dual STAB, this set also runs dual momentum for the best chance of bringing other pokemon in to deal damage. U-turn is used to pivot on ground types and volt switch is used when those ground types are gone, which happens surprisingly quickly with a greninja, kartana, and an ice punch medicham. It is not meant to be a strong special attacker, but a pivot/revenge killer that can bring other mons in safely and stop some setup.

I WAS RUNNIN' THROUGH THE SIX WITH MY WOES

ROLL THRU THE 6 (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog

Mr. OU himself and part one of the defensive core. Everyone knows by now what a good blanket check landorus is to the metagame. I will save you the reading by not listing what landorus checks, just know that it is almost every non water/ice physical attacker. This set is both the rocker and the defogger, which, while taking up most of the moveslot space with earthquake, gives very reliable hazard control. Rocks, along with greninja's spikes, turn a lot of crucial 2HKOs into OHKOs for the offensive members of the team. Earthquake is completely necessary. U-turn paired with intimidate is used to efficiently neutralize a lot of physical threats and pivot out to another member of the team. Because this mon is used as one of the core checks to many mons in the tier, leftovers was chosen as the item to increase longevity.

I STILL SEE YOUR SHADOWS IN MY ROOM

LUCID DREAMS (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 22 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

With the physical blanket check comes the special blanket check. From ash-greninja to psy-spam to serperior, this is the best special wall in the game (f you chansey). Assault vest along with volt switch makes magearna the most effective pivot. Fluer cannon, even without investent, is still a very powerful attack, especially after a soul heart boost. Hidden power fire is on this set because this team can struggle with ferrothorn as well as certain varients of scizor. Ice beam is my favorite move on this set because everyone and their mothers will bring landorus in on this mon only to get one shot by ice beam. Either that, or they will stay in to set up rocks and then die. It happens probably every other game. Neverthless, this is the second part of the defensive core that is used to absorb hits and pivot around to bring the offensive power in safely.

With all that said, the team is definitely not without faults. Here are some of the main threats on the team:

MISPREDICTION
This team is played best when played aggressively, making a lot of doubles and predicitons. However, this brings about many opportunities to misplay.​

Volcarona/Charizard/Victini
This team struggles a lot with fire types, especially because greninja is the only resist. Volcarona is almost an auto-lose unless rocks are up, then koko/greninja/medicham can beat it if it doesn't roost at the right times. Zard Y can be annoying, but it is easily revenge killed, as is charizard X, especially with landorus. Band victini is a threat, but is worn down by landorus. The celebrate version is worn down by greninja and koko. Rocks and spikes help deal with these mons a lot, but they are annoying to deal with.

Gastrodon/Tornadus/Magearna Cores
This is probably the most annoying core to deal with. Gastrodon is really only dealt with by kartana and medicham, both of which are chipped and forced out by tornadus. Magearna, whether defensive or offensive, combined with these mons is a headache to counter. However, kartana can break through this core especially if rocks stay up.

Z Landorus
Opposing landorus can be troublesome to deal with based on the set. Earthquake/Explosion variants are countered by landorus intimidate pivoting into another mon. Z-fly can be lured by koko, then pivoted into landorus into kartana. It still can sweep my team if it is weakened enough when coupled with rock polish.

Mega Mawile
While it can be played around, the unpredictability of the set can be a huge issue. Landorus walls knock off/tpunch/ff, magearna can take suckers/knock/play rough, and kartana can take a couple hits. While it is fairly easily to revenge, switching into this mon is a bit challenging.

I don't typically save replays, but here are a couple I have:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-832981367
Extreme outplaying of stall:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-825574586

That is pretty much it! If you play aggressive and pivot well, you shouldn't have too many issues working the team. It does have some flaws, so if you see any clear way to remedy them, please let me know. Other than that, have fun with the team and thanks for viewing!

Hi, your build is pretty solid although it can be improved a bit.

Changes:

1541858501253.gif
——> 1541858473856.gif
Rotom-W over Kartana:
This team has Mega Medicham and Ash Greninja, it doesn’t need a third breaker. Z Fight is especially redundant. I would go Rotom-W as it gives you a Heatran, Scizor, Z Lando, Pinsir, and Gyarados pivot. Those were previously very big threats to you. Also, it adds to the Volt-Turn and has great synergy with Magearna.

1541858592679.gif
——>
1541858570380.gif

Tornadus-T over Tapu Koko:
This team struggles a lot with bulky grasses like Bulu and Tang. Also, since Rotom is here, Koko+Rotom would be pretty redundant. Tornadus can defog which opens Lando’s 4th slot, gives a check to grass-types as a whole, and doesn’t make you overly reliant on Lando to pivot into EQs. Z Fly also gives a nice way to break things like Lando in a pinch. And it keeps the Volt-Turn idea. You can also do taunt to help vs stall a little bit if you want.

1541858662956.gif

Landorus-T
Do bulky scarf here so you can have a fast and bulky pivot. Defensive Lando hasn’t been too great for a while now and the team could use some speed control. Also, stelath rock as the 4th move since rocks are required on every team and the slot is pretty free as is. This will also serve as a decent Zygarde check with HP Ice.

1541858702097.gif

Magearna: Keep it AV but give it iron head over ice beam and make the evs 248 hp/224 sp def/36 speed and sassy to outspeed and counter CM Clefable, who would be really annoying otherwise while maintaining as much special bulk as possible.

Threats:

1541858727916.gif

Zygarde can be annoying should Lando get chipped too much or paralyzed, especially if it’s banded. Glare+coil is also very threatening to you. Gren, Medi, Lando, and Torn can try to revenge kill/chip this thing unboosted and if you aren’t glared but that isn’t the best measure. Play around this with care and scout its set early.

1541858782253.gif

Charizard-Y is also very annoying and you must revenge kill it with already transformed Gren, risk a speed tie with Medicham, or chip it into z range for Torn. Also, since Rotom is your fire resist and it gets beat by solarbeam, its gonna be hard switching into flamethrower.

1541858863735.gif

Garchomp: Can set rocks and SD on quite a few forced switches. And Z Outrage more or less claims a kill automatically since you’d never want to risk Magearna on Garchomp. Torn and Gren can try to come in and kill it but this’ll require precise play or a sack. Also, z rock is gonna kill something too seeing as Magearna takes a lot from it even through the resist.

1541858945274.gif

Stall: This team is going to have a bad matchup vs stall. Medicham can’t beat Sableye stall due to Sableye and Aggron stalls usually employ Mew. You’d have to hax in order to win this matchup by freezing Sableye, chipping Sableye, or play off the stall player choking.

1541858901648.gif

Rain: If Rotom is chipped too much, you’re more or less screwed since Swampert just cleans through the whole team and due to all of rain’s powerful attackers, this isnt’t hard to do. Keep Rotom alive and healthy above all else.

1541861501279.gif

Reunicles: If TSpikes are up and Reuni has a CM up, the game gets much harder since Ash Gren will need to rely on hax and it gets serverly chipped by tspikes in the process.

Import: https://pokepast.es/0d859b50ac8047b2

Last edited:
Hi, your build is pretty solid although it can be improved a bit.

Changes:

View attachment 145291——> View attachment 145290
Rotom-W over Kartana:
This team has Mega Medicham and Ash Greninja, it doesn’t need a third breaker. Z Fight is especially redundant. I would go Rotom-W as it gives you a Heatran, Scizor, Z Lando, Pinsir, and Gyarados pivot. Those were previously very big threats to you. Also, it adds to the Volt-Turn and has great synergy with Magearna.

View attachment 145293 ——>View attachment 145292
Tornadus-T over Tapu Koko:
This team struggles a lot with bulky grasses like Bulu and Tang. Also, since Rotom is here, Koko+Rotom would be pretty redundant. Tornadus can defog which opens Lando’s 4th slot, gives a check to grass-types as a whole, and doesn’t make you overly reliant on Lando to pivot into EQs. Z Fly also gives a nice way to break things like Lando in a pinch. And it keeps the Volt-Turn idea.

View attachment 145294
Landorus-T
Do bulky scarf here so you can have a fast and bulky pivot. Defensive Lando hasn’t been too great for a while now and the team could use some speed control. Also, punishment as the 4th move to beat Reunicles as Reunicles with a calm mind up is really annoying. This will also serve as a decent Zygarde check with HP Ice.

View attachment 145295
Magearna: Keep it AV but give it iron head over ice beam and make the evs 248 hp/224 sp def/36 speed and sassy to outspeed and counter CM Clefable, who would be really annoying otherwise while maintaining as much special bulk as possible.

Threats:

View attachment 145296
Zygarde can be annoying should Lando get chipped too much or paralyzed, especially if it’s banded. Glare+coil is also very threatening to you. Gren, Medi, Lando, and Torn can try to revenge kill/chip this thing unboosted and if you aren’t glared but that isn’t the best measure. Play around this with care and scout its set early.

View attachment 145299
Charizard-Y is also very annoying and you must revenge kill it with already transformed Gren, risk a speed tie with Medicham, or chip it into z range for Torn. Also, since Rotom is your fire resist and it gets beat by solarbeam, its gonna be hard switching into flamethrower.

View attachment 145302
Garchomp: Can set rocks and SD on quite a few forced switches. And Z Outrage more or less claims a kill automatically since you’d never want to risk Magearna on Garchomp.
Torn and Gren can try to come in and kill it but this’ll require precise play or a sack. Also, z rock is gonna kill something too seeing as Magearna takes a lot from it even through the resist.

View attachment 145304
Stall: This team is going to have a bad matchup vs stall. Medicham can’t beat Sableye stall due to Sableye and Aggron stalls usually employ Mew. You’d have to hax in order to win this matchup by freezing Sableye, chipping Sableye, or play off the stall player choking.

View attachment 145303
Rain: If Rotom is chipped too much, you’re more or less screwed since Swampert just cleans through the whole team and due to all of rain’s powerful attackers, this isnt’t hard to do. Keep Rotom alive and healthy above all else.

Import: https://pokepast.es/0d859b50ac8047b2
Hey, thanks for the rate! Love the name btw

There are a lot of things I like with these changes; however, there are some things I don't like

Positives: Way better fire type matchup, better way to deal with grass types, more reliable hazard removal, better mawile matchup, retains volt turn core with rotom, much better matchup vs scizor and heatran

Cons: There isn't as much offensive power, no stealth rocks, magearna is walled by ground types which hinders momentum, the rain matchup is a lot worse, no real way to deal with volcarona still, and I don't have a reliable way to revenge kill speed boosting mons without koko.

Zygarde isn't that much of a problem right now. Kartana can eat a hit, koko outspeeds at +1 and can DG, in addition to shuriken and fake out. Charizard and volcarona remain huge problems. The stall matchup is still iffy.

I guess what I think the team needs is koko's role smashed into a mon that can better counter volcarona/zard, in addition to a stall breaker. I think koko and kartana are indeed the mons that should be switched, but I don't think rotom-torn is necessarily the solution. While it does add a lot of defensive presence, momentum, and utility, the team still struggles with the same offensive threats as well as stall.

With these two slots, is there a two mon combination that provides an efficient revenger/counter to the aforementioned threats as well as a better way to break stall?

I appreciate the time to rate! Thanks again!

Hey, thanks for the rate! Love the name btw

There are a lot of things I like with these changes; however, there are some things I don't like

Positives: Way better fire type matchup, better way to deal with grass types, more reliable hazard removal, better mawile matchup, retains volt turn core with rotom

Cons: There isn't as much offensive power, no stealth rocks, magearna is walled by ground types which hinders momentum, the rain matchup is a lot worse, no real way to deal with volcarona still, and I don't have a reliable way to revenge kill speed boosting mons without koko.

Zygarde isn't that much of a problem right now. Kartana can eat a hit, koko outspeeds at +1 and can DG, in addition to shuriken and fake out. Charizard and volcarona remain huge problems. The stall matchup is still iffy.

I guess what I think the team needs is koko's role smashed into a mon that can better counter volcarona/zard, in addition to a stall breaker. I think koko and kartana are indeed the mons that should be switched, but I don't think rotom-torn is necessarily the solution. While it does add a lot of defensive presence, momentum, and utility, the team still struggles with the same offensive threats as well as stall.

With these two slots, is there a two mon combination that provides an efficient revenger/counter to the aforementioned threats as well as a better way to break stall?

I appreciate the time to rate! Thanks again!
Wow, I’m stupid. I actually forgot to put rocks. That’s my bad bro, I should’ve checked more carefully. Just put em on scarf lando over punishment. If you want to do better vs stall, you can put taunt over knock off on torn. Volc can be handled by dual prio+torn pre boost. The team is also quite offensive as Volt-Turn is offensive in itself due to the constant pivoting and you have Medicham+Gren. Torn+Rotom just helps keep your team from becoming too frail and they stiill have an offensive presence in some fashion. I understand your concerns, and again, no rocks was my mistake. Thanks for pointing these thinngs out. If you have any other concerns, feel free to state them.

Hey there, i'm Mawilove!
I am the Sweet Mawile, and I like to make Decorated and Structured Rates to help other players and share my knowledge :)
Your team is very well done, and I really like this kind of build, and I'm in love with Mega Medicham, it's my second favorite Pokémon. (My favorite you should already guess which one). I'll probably get your borrowed team to have some fun with it.
Your post is very well done as well, but I think it would have been interesting to downsize the images of the Pokémon.
You already gave us your threatlist, and that helps a lot. I'm not sure how much you want your team to change, so I'll show you the two Rates I thought of. Come on!

Minor Rate
1541885299925.png
Tapu Koko | Volt Switch > Brave Bird OR Grass Knot
I understand why you use Volt Switch, but I think the reward offered is low, if we consider the reward offered by both Brave Bird and Grass Knot, U-Turn will be enough. Brave Bird is an interesting option against Volcarona as it leaves her within reach of any Priority to follow, or OHKO if Stealth Rock is in the field. Brave Bird also gives an acceptable damage on Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth, helping his Greninja-Ash somewhat.
Tapu Koko also lures in Swampert-Mega naturally, and Grass Knot is a great choice against him, OHKOing it without worst damage. This makes it much easier to matchup against Rain, which, in my opinion, does not look very good.
You have more experience with the team than I do, of course, so I think you'll know how to choose the best option in this case.

Major Rate
1541886875772.png
Kartana | Fightinium Z > Choice Scarf
Replacing the Kartana set by Choice Scarf, though you've tried it, is a great choice. It will help you a lot against the Rain matchup, and give you a much faster Defogger, as well as releasing the moveslot to Landorus-Therian using Hidden Power Ice.

1541886933234.png
Tapu Koko >
1541886956399.png
Zygarde

Choice Band Zygarde will supply the lack of Swords Dance + Fightinium Z in Kartana, in addition to pressing some famous colors in Stall. Zygarde also resists some Mega Zard Y hits, and even increases the revenge kill capabilities of the team thanks to Banded Extreme Speed. Glare will help you by paralyzing some faster threats after enduring a hit.

1541887263703.png
Landorus-Therian | Defog > Hidden Power Ice
Simple, you no longer need Defog, and Hidden Power Ice will help you deal much better with Zygarde (especially), Garchomp, Landorus-T and Gliscor, and relieve some of his pressure on controlling Hazards alone.

Other Options
I thought about putting Garchomp in place of Zygarde, and that's a good option, since it has a higher speed, and I believe it's even better against Stall, in addition to using the Z-Move Slot that was left open. However, Banded Extreme Speed sounded more interesting on their team, as did Zygarde's escape from Mega Charizard Y's 2HKO.

I'm not sure how to put it, probably in place of Zygarde, but I think Mimikyu is a good option on your team. He does not exactly have the highest damage of all but can eliminate any offensive threat by trying to sweeping his team, thanks to Disguise, and he has the possibility to use Ghostium Z.

Waterium Z is an option in Greninja-Ash, especially considering that it is very effective in revenge killing Mega Charizard Y.
Here's your new team! Feel free to change shinies and nicknames!
Duke (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
- Defog

God (Medicham-Mega) (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Count (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken

Marquess (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Queen (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

King (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Glare

Last edited:

Hey there, i'm Mawilove!
I am the Sweet Mawile, and I like to make Decorated and Structured Rates to help other players and share my knowledge :)
Your team is very well done, and I really like this kind of build, and I'm in love with Mega Medicham, it's my second favorite Pokémon. (My favorite you should already guess which one). I'll probably get your borrowed team to have some fun with it.
Your post is very well done as well, but I think it would have been interesting to downsize the images of the Pokémon.
You already gave us your threatlist, and that helps a lot. I'm not sure how much you want your team to change, so I'll show you the two Rates I thought of. Come on!

Minor Rate
View attachment 145337Tapu Koko | Volt Switch > Brave Bird OR Grass Knot
I understand why you use Volt Switch, but I think the reward offered is low, if we consider the reward offered by both Brave Bird and Grass Knot, U-Turn will be enough. Brave Bird is an interesting option against Volcarona as it leaves her within reach of any Priority to follow, or OHKO if Stealth Rock is in the field. Brave Bird also gives an acceptable damage on Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth, helping his Greninja-Ash somewhat.
Tapu Koko also lures in Swampert-Mega naturally, and Grass Knot is a great choice against him, OHKOing it without worst damage. This makes it much easier to matchup against Rain, which, in my opinion, does not look very good.
You have more experience with the team than I do, of course, so I think you'll know how to choose the best option in this case.

Major Rate
View attachment 145339 Kartana | Fightinium Z > Choice Scarf
Replacing the Kartana set by Choice Scarf, though you've tried it, is a great choice. It will help you a lot against the Rain matchup, and give you a much faster Defogger, as well as releasing the moveslot to Landorus-Therian using Hidden Power Ice.

View attachment 145340Tapu Koko > View attachment 145341 Zygarde
Choice Band Zygarde will supply the lack of Swords Dance + Fightinium Z in Kartana, in addition to pressing some famous colors in Stall. Zygarde also resists some Mega Zard Y hits, and even increases the revenge kill capabilities of the team thanks to Banded Extreme Speed. Glare will help you by paralyzing some faster threats after enduring a hit.

View attachment 145344Landorus-Therian | Defog > Hidden Power Ice
Simple, you no longer need Defog, and Hidden Power Ice will help you deal much better with Zygarde (especially), Garchomp, Landorus-T and Gliscor, and relieve some of his pressure on controlling Hazards alone.

Other Options
I thought about putting Garchomp in place of Zygarde, and that's a good option, since it has a higher speed, and I believe it's even better against Stall, in addition to using the Z-Move Slot that was left open. However, Banded Extreme Speed sounded more interesting on their team, as did Zygarde's escape from Mega Charizard Y's 2HKO.

I'm not sure how to put it, probably in place of Zygarde, but I think Mimikyu is a good option on your team. He does not exactly have the highest damage of all but can eliminate any offensive threat by trying to sweeping his team, thanks to Disguise, and he has the possibility to use Ghostium Z.

Waterium Z is an option in Greninja-Ash, especially considering that it is very effective in revenge killing Mega Charizard Y.
Here's your new team! Feel free to change shinies and nicknames!
Duke (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
- Defog

God (Medicham-Mega) (M) @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Count (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken

Marquess (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Queen (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

King (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Glare
Thank you so much for the rate! I really appreciate all of the thought you put into it.

I do like the switch of kartana to scarf with defog. That gives me a faster defog and a better way to deal with a variety of threats. I'm willing to sacrifice the set up presence for that.

I don't think banded zygarde is the best addition to the team. I do, however, love the idea of Garchomp.
-It gives me a speed tier above charizard, neutral volcarona, and victini, as well as a fire resist
-It gives me stealth rocks, freeing up a spot on landorus
-With swords dance and z rock, it enables me to have another set up opportunity that heavily pressures stall (always kills sableye at +2; has a chance to kill bold magic guard clef).

However, this does get rid of my fast fairy coverage and momentum, as well as another ice and fairy weakness. I am also more weak to lopunny now.
I will test this and see how I like it. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Last edited:
ive had multiple versions of this team ur posting with the wallbreaker slot for kartana being different, when naganadel was a thing & ive experiemented with things like manaphy even. ideas came from the original team, which isnt even mine way back used to get reqs by some players during the dugtrio suspect (which was over a year ago i cant even remember now) but im surprised ur calling this team. wasnt originally going to post something like this to call u out or id have done so earlier already but someone was really obnoxious to me just because he won (not sure if thats you or not) when i was bored and decided to ladder a bit.

1543434636227.png

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 25 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Fly

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fleur Cannon

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Kartana @ Normalium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Giga Impact
- Sacred Sword

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fleur Cannon

this is the original team not sure who built but its very good for beating other cheese type playstyles because of mimikyu and it works pretty much the same as the one ur posting aiming to rid ground types asap for the team for cham to volt to break but it has a less than ideal stall mu.

the second is the version i made some tweaks to with the original team to better help with stall. i had giga impact to deal with zapdos which was super annoying at that time and still is now, over ur smart strike which u probably just conveniently changed it to.

also the original team used scarf koko with the exact same sets with hp ice over d gleam which i changed it to because i felt it was way less ez to punish.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-656578984
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-661641634

some old replays i could dig up with literally the same 5 mons with same sets over kartana i was experimenting with.

tldr not ur team and maybe someone else was using this team u posted and was being obnoxious to me and rly irritated me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)