SS LC Want to start well in little cup? This team is perfect for beginners!

Trapinch (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
Level: 5
EVs: 116 Atk / 236 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- First Impression
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain

Grookey (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch

Timburr (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Agility

Mareanie @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 12 Atk / 180 Def / 12 SpA / 180 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover

Ponyta @ Choice Band
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Horsepower
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge

Analysis:
Trapinch is such an underated trapper with such bulk and stability Diglett doesn't have. With this set he can survive many hits from physical attackers and pick up a KO. He is used to trap and clean up. He is easily countered by special threats and sun teams and worst of all GROOKEY. Luckily with the first impression (if it hits) should kill off that pesky monkey.

Grookey is defiantly if not one of the most threatening physical sweepers in LC. With so many sets running around I like the all-out physical attacker set so it can run wild and easily sweep some teams if the opposing player does not have checks. Physical walls such as mareanie, ferroseed, foongus, heck even cufant. But once you hit that swords dance its basically all over.

Timburr, I love this pokemon and when I go to UU I always slap a Conkeldurr on my team because of its crazy bulk and power. Timburr is nothing like its evolution, it heavily relies on being support and having priority moves, some Timburr sets put on guts but I like iron fist better. With the extra boost in Iron fist you can outstall a foroseed and ice punch foongus to death, watch out for koffing though, if they carry neutralizing gas, get out of there! But yeah Timburr is a good all around pokemon with bulk and power.

Porygon, is a bulky wild card. True that most would prefer to use download or analytic to get a clean sweep but I like using trace for the abilities. For example if you trace regenerator you will always have a healthy Porygon, or if you trace speed boost thats basically GG. Its natural bulk lets it shrug some hits like a grassy glide from grookey or a fake out from mienfoo. In other words have fun with this Porygon and see what ability combos you can use.

Mareanie the physcal wall. I prefer mariene becasue most physical threats are fighting or grass and Mareanie walls both. Ferossed is a good wall nonetheless butdoesnt have the scald and recover utility like mareanie, be careful on who you switch in tho like a physic from abra or porygon. This mon' also absolutely WALLS the crap out of mienfoo if played right, and a scald burn is perfect for it as well.

Ponyta is a hit-and-run pokemon, no other thing to say. With its good coverage and speed its a threat to any LC team. Slapped on a choice band and let er' rip, just watch for physical walls, but with its moves that cover them all, it will be awesome if you predict their switch-ins.

Trapinch (M) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- First Impression
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain

Grookey (F) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch

Timburr (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Agility

Mareanie @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 12 Atk / 180 Def / 12 SpA / 180 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover

Ponyta @ Choice Band
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- High Horsepower
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge

Analysis:
Trapinch is such an underated trapper with such bulk and stability Diglett doesn't have. With this set he can survive many hits from physical attackers and pick up a KO. He is used to trap and clean up. He is easily countered by special threats and sun teams and worst of all GROOKEY. Luckily with the first impression (if it hits) should kill off that pesky monkey.

Grookey is defiantly if not one of the most threatening physical sweepers in LC. With so many sets running around I like the all-out physical attacker set so it can run wild and easily sweep some teams if the opposing player does not have checks. Physical walls such as mareanie, ferroseed, foongus, heck even cufant. But once you hit that swords dance its basically all over.

Timburr, I love this pokemon and when I go to UU I always slap a Conkeldurr on my team because of its crazy bulk and power. Timburr is nothing like its evolution, it heavily relies on being support and having priority moves, some Timburr sets put on guts but I like iron fist better. With the extra boost in Iron fist you can outstall a foroseed and ice punch foongus to death, watch out for koffing though, if they carry neutralizing gas, get out of there! But yeah Timburr is a good all around pokemon with bulk and power.

Porygon, is a bulky wild card. True that most would prefer to use download or analytic to get a clean sweep but I like using trace for the abilities. For example if you trace regenerator you will always have a healthy Porygon, or if you trace speed boost thats basically GG. Its natural bulk lets it shrug some hits like a grassy glide from grookey or a fake out from mienfoo. In other words have fun with this Porygon and see what ability combos you can use.

Mareanie the physcal wall. I prefer mariene becasue most physical threats are fighting or grass and Mareanie walls both. Ferossed is a good wall nonetheless butdoesnt have the scald and recover utility like mareanie, be careful on who you switch in tho like a physic from abra or porygon. This mon' also absolutely WALLS the crap out of mienfoo if played right, and a scald burn is perfect for it as well.

Ponyta is a hit-and-run pokemon, no other thing to say. With its good coverage and speed its a threat to any LC team. Slapped on a choice band and let er' rip, just watch for physical walls, but with its moves that cover them all, it will be awesome if you predict their switch-ins.
Hey just wanted to provide some alternate options for your team.

The first thing I notice about this team is an extreme weakness to Abra, as you have no psychic immunity or even resist and most carry protect which will make it difficult for Trapinch to deal with it if it has a focus sash. The best way I would resolve this is to firstly replace your porygon with this pawniard set

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

This will provide another line of defense against Abra, and set Stealth Rocks, an important tool to breaking down the opponent's team, especially things like Ponyta for your Grookey.

I would also replace your trapinch with this set:
Trapinch (M) @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- First Impression
- Feint
- Earthquake
- Superpower

as Feint will go through protect, allowing you to trap focus sash Abra, and Superpower is generally more useful than Giga Drain, and will let you KO Pawniard, Porygon, and the rare Munchlax from much higher %'s.

With a Ponyta weak to rocks, and the entire team being grounded to spikes, you definitely need hazard removal, so I would put Defog over Ice Punch on timbur, this will keep you from having a very hard time vs hazard stack and will improve the longevity of your pokemon. However no Ice Punch makes you weaker to foongus, so

For your grookey, to compensate for this you might want to run this set
Grookey (F) @ Grassy Seed
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch

This still has the endgame win potential as your other set, but grassy seed acrobatics lets you be less reliant on removing Foongus, which is important as timbur no longer has ice punch. I would also optionally change to a jolly nature, as adamant does not change that many rolls, and having the option to win a speed tie vs 17 speed pokemon can be very important

Banded Ponyta is a really neat set so I'd like to keep it, but as your poison type is a water type, you might find difficulties vs grookey. If you find that this happens and you would like to strengthen your matchup against grookey, I would use berry juice or eviolite ponyta to serve as a better pivot.

Here is your team with the proposed edits https://pokepast.es/0e5f062499ed31bc

Hey just wanted to provide some alternate options for your team.

The first thing I notice about this team is an extreme weakness to Abra, as you have no psychic immunity or even resist and most carry protect which will make it difficult for Trapinch to deal with it if it has a focus sash. The best way I would resolve this is to firstly replace your porygon with this pawniard set

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

This will provide another line of defense against Abra, and set Stealth Rocks, an important tool to breaking down the opponent's team, especially things like Ponyta for your Grookey.

I would also replace your trapinch with this set:
Trapinch (M) @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- First Impression
- Feint
- Earthquake
- Superpower

as Feint will go through protect, allowing you to trap focus sash Abra, and Superpower is generally more useful than Giga Drain, and will let you KO Pawniard, Porygon, and the rare Munchlax from much higher %'s.

With a Ponyta weak to rocks, and the entire team being grounded to spikes, you definitely need hazard removal, so I would put Defog over Ice Punch on timbur, this will keep you from having a very hard time vs hazard stack and will improve the longevity of your pokemon. However no Ice Punch makes you weaker to foongus, so

For your grookey, to compensate for this you might want to run this set
Grookey (F) @ Grassy Seed
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch

This still has the endgame win potential as your other set, but grassy seed acrobatics lets you be less reliant on removing Foongus, which is important as timbur no longer has ice punch. I would also optionally change to a jolly nature, as adamant does not change that many rolls, and having the option to win a speed tie vs 17 speed pokemon can be very important

Banded Ponyta is a really neat set so I'd like to keep it, but as your poison type is a water type, you might find difficulties vs grookey. If you find that this happens and you would like to strengthen your matchup against grookey, I would use berry juice or eviolite ponyta to serve as a better pivot.

Here is your team with the proposed edits https://pokepast.es/0e5f062499ed31bc
What should I replace for a special attacker?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)