Doubles Wartortle

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:wartortle:
Wartortle @ Eviolite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Flip Turn
- Follow Me
- Toxic

With Blastoise in DOU, it's natural to think that DUU players would look elsewhere for Fake Out or Follow Me support. Instead, we just use the NFE version! Despite the high base stats of Pokemon such as Kyurem and Kommo-o existing in the tier, the rare combination of Fake Out and Follow Me along side its Eviolite-boosted bulk make Wartortle the ideal support Pokémon. Wartortle shines brightest when paired with powerful setup Pokemon such as Nasty Plot Spectrier and Quiver Dance Volcarona, as its moveset can protect its ally and provide turns to safely set up. Access to Flip Turn helps get it out of unfavorable positions. Wartortle can also use a myriad of other support moves; Toxic is generally used to beat Cresselia, but Yawn, Life Dew, Helping Hand, and Icy Wind are all viable options. The given EV spread allows it to live two Shadow Balls from Life Orb Spectrier, with the rest of the EVs in Defense. Wartortle provides terrific role compression and a rare opportunity to use an underappreciated Pokemon!

Last edited:
:wartortle:
Wartortle @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Flip Turn
- Follow Me
- Toxic

With Blastoise in DOU, it's natural to think that DUU players would look elsewhere for Fake Out or Follow Me support. Instead, we just use the NFE version! Despite the high base stats of Pokémon such as Kyurem and Kommo-o existing in the tier, the rare combination of Fake Out and Follow Me plus eviolite-boosted bulk make Wartortle the ideal support Pokémon. Wartortle shines brightest when paired next to powerful set up Pokemon - such as Nasty Plot Spectrier or Quiver Dance Volcarona - as its moveset can protect its ally providing turns to safely set up. Access to Flip Turn helps get it out of unfavorable positions and Wartortle gets a myriad of other support moves. Toxic is generally used to beat Cresselia, but Yawn, Life Dew, Helping Hand and Icy Wind are all viable options. The given EV spread lives two Shadow Balls from Life Orb Spectrier, with the rest of the EVs in Defense. Wartortle provides terrific role compression and a rare opportunity to use an underappreciated Pokemon!

Changes in bold, rearranged some sentences to make it flow better. Once these changes are made it should be good to go.

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1/1
Wartortle @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Flip Turn
- Follow Me
- Toxic

With Blastoise in DOU, it's natural to think that DUU players would look elsewhere for Fake Out or Follow Me support. Instead, we just use the NFE version! Despite the high base stats of Pokémon Pokemon such as Kyurem and Kommo-o existing in the tier, the rare combination of Fake Out and Follow Me plus eviolite alongside its Eviolite-boosted bulk make Wartortle the ideal support Pokémon Pokemon. Wartortle shines brightest when paired next to with powerful set up setup Pokemon -(RH) such as Nasty Plot Spectrier or and Quiver Dance Volcarona -(RH) ,(AC) as its moveset can protect its ally providing and provide turns to safely set up. Access to Flip Turn helps get it out of unfavorable positions and .(AP) Wartortle gets can also use a myriad of other support moves.(RP) ;(ASC) Toxic is generally used to beat Cresselia, but Yawn, Life Dew, Helping Hand,(AC) and Icy Wind are all viable options. The given EV spread lives allows it to live two Shadow Balls from Life Orb Spectrier, with the rest of the EVs in Defense. Wartortle provides terrific role compression and a rare opportunity to use an underappreciated Pokemon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)