Challenging Texas (again)!
2v2 LC Doubles
2 Day DQ
Items = Training
2 recovers/chills
He/ref can choose the rest
ASB Arena
All Abilities
(These are the rules, in case you haven't caught on yet.)

Texas's team:

Togepi (M)
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Type: Normal
Normal:
Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Hustle:
(Toggle) No default effect. When toggled, this Pokemon puts immense force and speed into its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.
Serene Grace: (Passive) This Pokemon has a blessing which doubles the success chance of its attack’s secondary effects. (eg paralysis from Thunderbolt)
Super Luck *DW Locked*: (Passive) This Pokemon’s natural skill increases its critical hit levels one stage above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 25% of the time.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 0 (-)
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 20
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Growl
Charm
Metronome
Sweet Kiss
Yawn
Encore
Ancientpower
Follow Me
Bestow

Extrasensory
Lucky Chant
Morning Sun
Nasty Plot
Psycho Shift

Toxic
Solarbeam
Shadow Ball
Fire Blast
Substitute

Total Moves: 19

Growlithe (F)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Type: Fire
Fire:
Fire:
Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or bushfire areas.

Abilities:
Intimidate:
(Trigger) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as a Command, and will affect all opponents.
Flash Fire: (Passive) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.
Justified *DW Locked*: (Passive) This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by another Pokemon's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 60
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Bite
Roar
Ember
Leer
Odor Sleuth
Helping Hand
Flame Wheel
Reversal
Fire Fang
Take Down

Close Combat
Crunch
Fire Spin
Flare Blitz
Morning Sun

Toxic
Protect
Dig
Substitute
Wild Charge

Total Moves: 19

waterwarrior's team:

Torchic (Ichigo) Male
Nature: Rash (+1 SpA, -1 SpD)
Type: Fire
Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or bushfire areas.

Abilities:
Blaze:
(Passive) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Speed Boost (DW Ability- LOCKED): (Passive) Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that occurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 45
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9

Attacks: (17 attacks)
Physical:
Counter
Peck
Reversal
Rock Slide
Scratch
Shadow Claw

Special:
Ember
Fire Blast
Fire Spin
Flamethrower

Agility
Endure
Focus Energy
Growl
Protect
Sand-Attack
Substitute

Machop (Kenpachi) Male
Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -15% Spe, -10% Eva)
Type: Fighting
Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Guts:
(Passive)This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
No Guard: (Passive) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. As a result, it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when an OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally, even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefited by No Guard; they will have their normal accuracy.
Steadfast (DW Ability- LOCKED): (Passive) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases Speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This Speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 30 (-)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 3/9
DC: 1/5

Attacks: (21 attacks)
Physical:
Brick Break
Bullet Punch
Close Combat
Counter
Cross Chop
DynamicPunch
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Karate Chop
Low Kick
Low Sweep
Revenge
Rock Slide
Seismic Toss
Vital Throw

Special:
Fire Blast
Focus Blast

Encore
Focus Energy
Foresight
Leer

Waterwarrior sends out/equips.
Texas sends out, equips, and orders.
Waterwarrior orders.
I ref.

Last edited:
Hide tags don't work in quotes, so can you please take out the quote tags?

Either way, Kenpachi @ Lucky Egg, Ichigo @ Lucky Egg, let's go and fight the good fight!

Last edited:
Yeah, fixed now >.>

"I could've taken those two bastards by myself anyways! Now this fights going to be just boring... Well, I guess we have each other to fight after this, right Ichigo?"

"WH-WHAT?! HEY, WAIT A MINUTE!"

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Growlithe and Togepi @ Exp. Shares

Growlithe: (Intimidate) Flare Blitz Machop ~ Flare Blitz Machop ~ Flare Blitz Machop
If Machop is under the effects of Protect, Dig Torchic that turn
If Machop uses Counter, Dig Torchic that turn

Togepi: Extrasensory Machop ~ Extrasensory Machop ~ Extrasensory Machop
If Machop is under the effects of Protect, Ancientpower Torchic that turn

"Now this is what I like to see!"

"Crazy bastard..."

Kenpachi: Revenge x3 (Growlithe)
Ichigo: Rock Slide -> Shadow Claw -> Rock Slide (Growlithe)

Okay, so I would have gotten this up last night, but I accidentally lost my post when I clicked off the page, meaning I have to redo the reffing. This means that I will have to redo the RNG rolls, and I apologize for this. I have gathered, for your convenience, the only thing that I could salvage, as this was the last point at which it saved a draft.
Pre-round:

Togepi

Pre-round:

Torchic [Ichigo] (M)
HP
: 90
Energy: 100
Stats: 2/2/4/1/45
Abilities: Blaze
Other: None

Machop [Kenpachi] (M)
HP
: 100
Stats: 3/2/3/2/30
Abilities: Guts / No Guard
Other: -10% Evasion, not that it matters

Togepi (M)
HP
Stats: 0/4/2/3/20
Abilities: Hustle / Serene Grace

Growlithe (F)
HP
Stats: 4/2/2/2/60
Abilities: Intimidate / Flash Fire

The match begins with Waterwarrior sending out Ichigo-Torchic and Kenpachi-Machop, while Texas Cloverleaf sends out Togepi and Growlithe. Not much of a surprise, as those are the only mons they brought, but whatever. As the battle starts, Growlithe lets out an Intimidating roar that frightens both it opponents and then launches itself at Machop in a Flaring Blitz, crashing into it with such force that it even hurts itself. Torchic seems to take notice of this, however, and sends a Rock Slide tumbling down upon its enemies, and the hail of boulders hits Togepi in a particularly vulnerable spot, scoring a Critical Hit! Togepi doesn't seem fazed by this however, and strikes Machop with an Extrasensory power. Machop is un-fazed by this though, and gets its Revenge on Growlithe by striking it with a powerful uppercut. Growlithe then Blitzes Machop once again, fire Flaring off of its body, only to recoil in pain as Torchic darts behind it and slashes with Claws made of Shadows. Observing the battle from a safe distance, Togepi uses its Extrasensory powers to assault Machop once again, who seems to really be taking a beating, but is still well enough to land another (Re)vengeful blow on Growlithe. The round ends with Growlithe repeating its last two actions, and Flare Blitzing Machop, while Torchic sends more Rocks Sliding down upon its foes. Togepi is relatively unharmed though, and uses its Extrasensory powers to attack Machop one more time. Machop manages to weather these last two strikes, and proves that Revenge is best served cold as it slams both fists into a vital area, causing Growlithe to hobble away weakly, barely conscious.
Action 1:
Growlithe's Intimidate activated
-1 Atk Torchic
-1 Atk Machop

Growlithe used Flare Blitz
[to crit <625] 6810 no
[to burn <1000] 4181 no
(12 + 3 + 6 - 3) = 18 damage
Growlithe took 6 recoil damage
-7 energy

Torchic used Rock Slide
[to hit Togepi <9000] 3370 yes
[to hit Growlithe <9000] 6886 yes
[to crit Togepi <625] 588 yes
[to crit Growlithe <625] 1207 no
[to flinch Togepi <3000] 5530 no
(6 + 3 + 3 - 6) = 6 damage Togepi
[(6 + 3 - 3 - 2 ) * 1.5] = 6 damage Growlithe
-6 energy

Togepi used Extrasensory
[to crit <625] 9974 no
[to flinch <1000] 4586 no
[(8 + 3 - 3) * 1.5] = 12 damage
-6 energy

Machop used Revenge
[to crit <625] 1735 no
(12 + 3 + 4.5 - 3 - 2) = 14.5 damage
-7 energy

Action 2:
[to crit <625] 6478 no
[to burn <1000] 4410 no
-11 energy

Torchic used Shadow Claw
[to crit <1250] 5234 no
(7 + 3 - 3 - 2) = 5 damage
-5 energy
[note: I assume you are targeting Growlithe, as you put "Growlithe" after Rock Slide but not this. Let me know if I'm wrong]

Togepi used Extrasensory
[to crit <625] 2252 no
[to flinch <1000] 3872 no
-10 energy

Machop used Revenge
[to crit <625] 740 no
(12 + 3 + 4.5 - 3 - 2) = 14.5 damage
-11 energy

Action 3:
[to crit <625] 3854 no
[to burn <1000] 3182 no
-15 energy

Torchic used Rock Slide
[to hit Togepi <9000] 4282 yes
[to hit Growlithe <9000] 883 yes
[to crit Togepi <625] 9656 no
[to crit Growlithe <625] 9620 no
[to flinch Togepi <3000] 4583 no
[to flinch Growlithe <3000] 5196 no
(6 + 3 - 6 - 2) = 1 damage Togepi
[(6 + 3 - 3 - 2) * 1.5] = 6 damage Growlithe
-6 energy

Togepi used Extrasensory
[to crit <625] 1660 no
[to flinch <1000] 7112 no
-14 energy

Machop used Revenge
[to crit <625] 384 yes
(12 + 3 + 4.5 + 3 - 3) = 19.5 damage
-15 energy

Post-round:

Torchic [Ichigo] (M)
HP
Energy: 83

Machop [Kenpachi] (M)
HP
: 10
Energy: 67

Togepi (M)
HP
: 83
Energy: 70

Growlithe (F)
HP
: 6

"Damn it... These two are a lot more man than I thought! Let's kill 'em!"

"For once I agree!"

Kenpachi: Bullet Punch + Bullet Punch (Growlithe) -> DynamicPunch (Togepi) -> Close Combat (Togepi)
If Growlithe uses Protect A1, change that action to DynamicPunch (Togepi) and push back

Ichigo: Protect (Kenpachi) -> Fire Blast (Togepi) -> Flamethrower (Togepi)

The lack of subs I can think of worries me, but I hope this works...

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does that combo even kill Growlithe? (4*2.25=9+1.5(rank))/1.5(resist=7-2(intimidate)=5

idek

Togepi: Ancientpower Torchic ~ Extrasensory Machop ~ Ancientpower Torchic
IF Growlithe is fainted by the time you act, change actions to: Encore Togepi ~ Extrasensory Machop ~ Substitute (20)
Growlithe: Reversal combo Torchic ~ cool down ~ Morning Sun

Pre-round:

Torchic [Ichigo] (M)
HP
Energy: 83

Machop [Kenpachi] (M)
HP
: 10

Togepi (M)
HP
: 83
Energy: 70

Growlithe (F)
HP
: 6

The battle is drawing closer to its end, and Machop decides to quicken this by delivering a powerful Punch with the speed of a Bullet to Growlithe, knocking it within a hair's width of unconsciousness, while Torchic crafts a Protective barrier around its friend. Togepi, unharmed by this, adds some variety to the type of Power it uses by attacking Torchic with an Ancient power. Growlithe, barely standing, then leaps at Torchic and Reverses the odds of battle by crashing into Torchic at full power, sending it flying. As Growlithe and Machop cool down, Torchic locks eyes with Togepi and creates a kanji out of Fire and launches it at Togepi, but it dodges the attack, which Blasts a hole in the wall behind it, who then uses its favorite Extrasensory power to knock out Machop. After recovering, Growlithe then uses the Morning Sun's power to rejuvenate itself, while Torchic launches a stream of fire that hits Togepi in a weak spot, as if it was using a Flamethrower, but Togepi shrugs it off and uses an Ancient power to attack it, and the mysterious energy used in the attack energizes Togepi, enhancing its ability to fight.
Action 1:
Machop used Bullitt Punch
[to crit <625] 5896 no
{[(9 + 4.5 - 3) * 0.67] - 2} = 5.035 damage

-21 energy

Torchic used Protect (Machop)
-7 energy

Togepi used Ancientpower
[to crit <625] 5862 no
[to raise stats <2000] 8773 no
[(6 + 3 - 1.5) * 1.5] = 11.25
-4 energy

Growlithe used Inversal (because reversing a reverse gets you back where you started)
[to crit <625] 527 yes
(45 + 6 - 3 + 3) = 51 damage
-45 energy

Action 2:
Growlithe must cool down

Torchic used Fire Blast
[to hit <8000] 8025 no
-7 energy

Machop must cool down

Togepi used Extrasensory
[to crit <625] 7195 no
[to flinch <2000] irrelevant because Machop is faster >.>
[(8 + 3 - 3) * 1.5] 12 damage
Machop fainted
-6 energy

Action 3:
Growlithe used Morning Sun
(+25 HP)
-15 energy

Torchic used Flamethrower
[to crit <625] 204 yes
[to burn <1000] 2249 no
(10 + 3 + 6 + 3 - 4.5 + 3) = 20.5 damage
-6 energy

Togepi used Ancientpower
[to crit <625] 8813 no
[to raise stats <2000] 165 yes (I assume that the stats are boosted after the attack)
[(6 + 3 - 1.5) * 1.5] =11.25
Togepi's Attack rose (+1 Atk)
Togepi's Defense rose (+1 Def)
Togepi's Special Attack rose (+1 Sp.Atk)
Togepi's Special Defense rose (+1 Sp.Def)
Togepi's Speed rose (+1 Speed)
-4 energy

Post-round:

Torchic [Ichigo] (M)
HP
: 16
Energy: 63

Machop [Kenpachi] (M)
HP
: -2
Energy: 46
Other: -10% Evasion, not that it matters. Fainted

Togepi (M)
HP
: 62
Energy: 56
Other: +1 Attack, +1 Defense, +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense, +1 Speed

Growlithe (F)
HP
: 26
Energy: 7

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

[(Base Attack Power + STAB + Critical Hit + Attack Rank Bonus + Ability Effects + Field Effects - Defense Rank Bonus - Burn Effect) * Type Effectiveness] + (Stage Boost Difference * 2).

i.e. 9+0+0+4.5+0+0-3-0=10.5

10.5/1.5=7

7-2=5

[(Base Attack Power + STAB + Critical Hit + Attack Rank Bonus + Ability Effects + Field Effects - Defense Rank Bonus - Burn Effect) * Type Effectiveness] + (Stage Boost Difference * 2).

i.e. 9+0+0+4.5+0+0-3-0=10.5

10.5/1.5=7

7-2=5
Referee Resource Thread said:
Type Effectiveness: Effectiveness based on type. The table below shows the multipliers that are used based on a move's effectiveness.

4x super-effective: 2.25x
2x super-effective: 1.5x
Neutral: 1x
2x resisted: 0.67x
4x resisted: 0.44x
8x resisted: 0.29x
i.e. 9 + 0 + 0 + 4.5 + 0 + 0 - 3 - 0 = 10.5

10.5 * 0.67 = 7.035

7.035 - 2 = 5.035

Referee Resource Thread said:
Damage Rounding: Damage is rounded at the end of the Round. This means that if in a Round, a Pokemon takes attacks of 16.5 and 14.5 damage, the total damage is 31 even. .5 is always rounded up. The only exception is that if a Pokemon is left at .5 HP or less at the end of an Action, that Pokemon is considered KOed.
5.035 > 6 (I think)

Not sure what I'm trying to prove here, but, technically, Growlithe would still be KOed (I think). I can fix the round in accordance to what you said though, if I'm wrong.

Texas Cloverleaf

nope, rounds down

if it were 5.5+ its dead, but 5.49... or less rounds down

Also technically it shouldn't be 10*0.67 because that's a rounding error it should be 10/1.5

edit: and I've now fixed the RRT to reflect the proper calculations because whoever introduced rounding errors into ASB is a moron

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

Stats are indeed boosted after the attack.

Growlithe: Crunch ~ Chill ~ Crunch
If Endure AND you have >7 energy, Toxic that action
If Protect and non-consecutive, Chill that action and push back
Togepi: Extrasensory ~ Ancientpower ~ Extrasensory
If Endure AND Torchic is not poisoned Toxic that action
If Protect and non-consecutive, Chill that action and push back

Pre-round:

Torchic [Ichigo] (M)
HP
: 16
Energy: 63

Machop [Kenpachi] (M)
HP

Togepi (M)
HP
Energy: 56

Growlithe (F)
HP
: 26
Energy: 7

Torchic valiantly fights until the end, Pecking Growlithe heroically, but it can't withstand the combined force of Growlithe's Crunching fangs and Togepi's Ancient powers, and faints.
Action 1:
Growlithe used Crunch
[to crit <625] 419 yes (looks like today is triple-digit day for my RNG)
[to lower defense <2000] 985 yes (wow again)
(8 + 6 - 3 + 3) = 14 damage
-6 energy

Torchic used Peck (I assume this is what you meant)
[to crit <625] 9091 no
(4 + 3 - 3) = 4 damage
-3 energy

Togepi used Ancientpower
[to crit <625] 5202 no
[to raise stats <2000] 9110 no
{[(6 + 3 - 1.5) * 1.5] + 2} = 13.25 damage
Torchic fainted
-8 energy

Post-round:

Torchic [Ichigo] (M)
HP
: -11.25
Energy: 60
Other: Fainted

Machop [Kenpachi] (M)
HP

Togepi (M)
HP
Energy: 48

Growlithe (F)
HP
: 22
Energy: 1

Rewards:

Waterwarrior: 1 CC
Machop: 1 EC / 2 MC / 1 DC / 1 Extra EC or DC
Torchic: 1 EC / 2 MC / 1 DC / 1 Extra EC or DC

Texas Cloverleaf: 1 CC
Togepi: 1 EC / 3 MC / 1 DC / 2 KOC
Growlithe: 1 EC / 3 MC / 1 DC

P2X7: 4 UC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)