We need more transparency in the forums

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think we should close up Inside Scoop more and people think we need to open it up :(

If there are threads that should or would benefit from having a say from non-IS users, then they simply shouldn't be posted in IS in the first place. That's really all that needs to be done.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If there are threads that should or would benefit from having a say from non-IS users, then they simply shouldn't be posted in IS in the first place. That's really all that needs to be done.
This is my opinion on the matter. It alows the necessary secrets to be kept secret, but certain things should be moved to PR where the community can see them.

echoing alchemator's stance on this issue regarding full transparency... there is some stuff in there that would be really bad for PR, to say the least. beyond that we can just use our judgment in deciding what threads to release, idgaf...

In my opinion, opening up Inside Scoop is a good idea. However, I'd personally change the name; it's not much of a scoop if anyone can read it. SDS suggested 'The Outside Scoop' on IRC; I'd rather the word 'scoop' be removed entirely, though. How about 'Coffee Lounge'?

I'm pretty sure it should be possible to only make certain threads public. I'll set up a thread in IS (CL) so we can decide which we should release.

Finally, we don't have to grant everyone posting privileges, right? IS (CL) can stay exclusive to badged users in terms of posting rights. It's still the staff's job to run the site, but ordinary users should have the right to be able to see proposed changes that may affect them.

Supporting Heysup's statement 100%.

Honestly, if there is something that we feel everyone should be able to read, we can post it here, in Policy Review. If we make Inside Scoop public but without posting rights for non-badged members, it's basically Policy Review.

I'm not against opening up Inside Scoop to the public, but I just don't really see the point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)