SM Ubers WEBS ARE GOIN' KRAZY!

W E B S A R E G O I N ' K R A Z Y!

Introduction
Hello everyone, Im EG Jhonx or Jhonx, I'am an Ubers player, I've been playin' this tier since ORAS and after some time I joined to End Game Team where I learned how to play, today I came here to share one of my SM Ubers build, to be honest I'm surprised about this build because it features Tyranitar Mega + Dugtrio, being Underrated mons and working pretty good in Ubers thanks to Sticky Web, today I will show some strategy I found out trying to lure some threats on the actually metagame, Have fun reading this RMT and I hope you like it.
Team Building Process

I wanted Sticky Webs and a good hazzards user is Smeargle.

I added dugtrio because there are some threats Smeargle struggles like Gengar, Deoxys-Attack and more stuff and I have some combination that I will explain In Details later.

The Dugtrio + Smeargle core is not enough to keep Hazzards in Game, A Ghost type is needed on teams like this one, a good option is Lunala because Rapid Spin dont hit it.

The team lacks of Dark Resist and Webs is an offensive playstyle, Geomancy Xerneas is perfect for this team, because it fits pretty good and it make pressure to dark types like Yveltal or Arceus-Dark.

Primal Groudon on this team because I need more offensive pressure, Groudon helps to pressure Stall and some types of Balanced Teams, and its a Fairy type Check.

Finally I chose Tyranitar Mega because it fills an Important role on HO and it is a thing that a lot of HO don't have, I was testing this idea and I got impressed of how effective it was, Tyranitar pressures Ho-Oh, Lugia and Yveltal without difficulty, when most HO teams struggles to Lugia / Ho-Oh.

In Depth

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Perish Song
- Stealth Rock

As I said before, Smeargle is one of the best leads to set up Sticky Webs, not that good as Shuckle, but for Speed and better movepool, I chose Smeargle, this smeargle have Perish Song as a Feature, you maybe are asking yourself why Perish Song and the reason its simple, after you Spore, Opponent can go into a Set Up Sweeper like Z Geomancy Xerneas, Arceus, Salamence, etc. and threaten u, so you avoid that happen using Perish Song, which force the opposing player to switch or die.

Dugtrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Memento

Dugtrio Choice Scarf, when I was looking at Team Builder I found Dugtrio and interesting choice due to Arena Trap, being able to trap Groudon and damage it hard, but more than that Im using Choice Scarf to lure Deoxys-Attack and Gengar-Mega, because no one expect Choice Scarf and u kill them before they struggle ur Smeargle, also Choice Scarf Dugtrio with a Jolly nature helps to outspeed a Xerneas after Geomancy boost, ridiculously amazing, because it drops the Special Attack boost, Pursuit is for Gengar-Mega, because unfortunatly Arena Trap doesn't trap Ghost types, Stone Edge is a filler move, Another Important reason of Dugtrio on this team, is it helps to take down a Pokemon that have Perish Song countdown thanks to arena trap, preventing it from switch.

Lunala @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Lunala is the Nuke of this team, I've seen Ghostium Z Lunala before, unfortunatly I saw it only 2 times and was in a match agaisn't Konzern, this pokemon is amazing with Ghostium Z + Calm Mind, because it Kills everything that touch, except Blissey and other options, but it is a nice threat to the metagame thanks to that damage, Focus Blast hits hard Dark Types like Tyranitar and Arceus-Dark and Ice Beam for Yveltal / Salamence Mega, full Spe EVs with Timid Nature to outspeed Opposing Lunala Scarf thanks to Sticky Web drop, it will be forever after drop 321 Speed from Lunala Scarfed, Sticky Webs are amazing because Scarfed Users drops the Speed bonus from scarf and 1 point to their speeds.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 148 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Xerneas is a late game sweeper on this team, It can be used as early game sweeper too, the main niche of Xerneas on this team is check dark types, and pressure offensively thanks to Geomancy, after Geomancy Boost it can clean the game easily, Thunder hits Ho-Oh and Lugia, Includes Primal Kyogre, while Focus Blast hits effective to Ferrothorn and Primal-Groudon neutral damage, doing an amazing Job, another option for this Xerneas can be Aromatherapy over Focus Blast, which helps all the team and Xerneas can heal itself, EV's are standard from Dex, just modified a bit the speed and sacrificed some bulk for more power.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Primal Groudon is amazing here with Naive Nature, because under webs can be a monster, I use this Pokemon after Lunala Z pierce the opposing team, but can be used to clean fast the field, all thanks to Eruption + Speed, Eruption take down Arceus-Ground and most stuff on Metagame, Arceus Water can switch in agaisnt this Groudon and thats the only reason Im using Solar Beam, hits hard Pyumykyu Stall too, but with Baton Pass Ban the usage of Pyumykyu will drop, Hidden Power Ice hits Rayquaza and Salamence Mega, common checks and switch in to Groudon, and Precipice Blades hits hard Groudon and Blissey, This Groudon can switch in into Fairies, but can't switch in agaisn't Xerneas after Geomancy Boost, thats why Im using Memento Scarf Dugtrio + Perish Song Smeargle too.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Finally Tyranitar Mega, I like this Mega on this team, honestly I have not tested other megas on this build Like Lucario or Salamence, both of them can be a good replace over this one, but I prefer Tyranitar because it learns Dragon Dance and can switch in agaisn't Ho-Oh and Yveltal, also Tyranitar set ups Sandstorm which Increase its Special Defense, allowing to survive a Judgment from Arceus-Fairy / Ground / Water without problems, it hits hard Mewtwo Y non Focus Blast and Giratina-Origin too, Tyranitar checks some types of Lunala, After plays some games my conclusion is: Tyranitar is a good mega but its too dependient of Sticky Webs using an Adamant nature, still hits hard and its enough to work on Ubers.

Threaths

Hard Match up, because Magic coat makes me struggles and always set up Stealth Rocks on this Build
If Sticky webs are not up and Lunala Multiscale is broke, then Lucario with SD sweeps.

Arceus Ground CM is a threat, all CM Arceus can be threat, but Ground is a specially threat because nothing stop him except Smeargle Perish Song, which need to be alive with Focus Sash.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-587568658 - Room Tour Finals
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-587486996 vs Sableye Balance
Unfortunatly, I didnt found the replay vs Hugo Barrington where i won using this squad.

Importable

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Perish Song
- Stealth Rock

Dugtrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Memento

Lunala @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 148 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Shoutouts

Dominatio TCMPG thunder n' blazes -PkmTrainerBlue- and all EG Team for be the best clan for me.
And thanks to all my friends who help me test this team, There are many friends and can't shoutout all of them, Im sorry about that u.u

Last edited:

and

It is not necessary for Deoxys-S to have a magic coat to be a check, with the taunt you can be smeargle counter or put a hazard. Only one hazard is necessary to be able to disable Lunala's Shadow Shield. Then it's just boost a pokemon and the game is gg.

-> Offensive users of Lum Berry such as Landorus-T are a threat to keep in mind even if it is not very present. It is faster than Smeargle so it ignores Spore. Besides that in general only Lunala or Xerneas can eliminate it. Any user with this support item has good match up.

-> You mention the CM version of Groundceus, but the physicist with z move is also the same as being an offensive team. Little answer to that. Even your dear Tyranitar can not save you, you're dead.

With a normal mega mewtwo-y you would also have problems, first because you would not put hazards, second because you would not have the special pdon advantage. Also you need a lot of prediction because maybe you do not put lead smeargle against mega mewtwo but if you predict the same you would not put hazards and you would be gg :( .

-> Arceus ex killer lum berry + hazards is another way I can to humiliate your poor second team, haha. You have no escape if you come across one. There's only prayer left, my friend.

-> It's funny when a pokemon on your team or whatever that becomes a threat of it, haha. A DD version with the help of hazards may be too much for the body and mind. You only have the bathroom as a consolation. Another is not mega TTar with Lum Berry. IF NIGGA, THAT IS THE KEY.

Lol guys, I appreciate your help with threat list, but there are some mons that Don't sweep me, I will post threat list tonight and how to handle all threats n.n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)