You’ll NEVER Believe These Weird Facts About Pokemon

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
pokemon facts

pokemon fact 1
the name pokemon is actually french. it translates to "pokemon".

pokemon fact 2
normal type pokemon have meat that can be eaten without consequences, other than the hallucinogenic side effects you must be suffering if you manage to eat a pokemon.

pokemon fact 3
pokemon are very bad at tongue twisters
especially alomomola

pokemon fact 4
many people's favourite pokemon is caterpie, because he was played by David Tennant.

pokemon fact 6
pokemon can be used for many things, such as
  1. breaking the basic principles of thermodynamics, allowing one to theoretically generate infinite energy.
  2. bending spacetime itself with the summoning of black holes at will, and backwards time travel.
  3. a cuddly pet
and many more

the rest of the information has not been recorded in the pokedex yet
join us next time as we look at yugioh

YES! FINALLY A PLACE TO DEPOSIT ALL OF MY KNOWLEDGE! Did you know that a kinda more powerful psychic version of seismic toss exists? Yes, it's true! Psywave! Yeah! Yeah... yeah, that's about all I can think of.
I never knew that move existed
pokemon facts

pokemon fact 1
the name pokemon is actually french. it translates to "pokemon".

pokemon fact 2
normal type pokemon have meat that can be eaten without consequences, other than the hallucinogenic side effects you must be suffering if you manage to eat a pokemon.

pokemon fact 3
pokemon are very bad at tongue twisters
especially alomomola

pokemon fact 4
many people's favourite pokemon is caterpie, because he was played by David Tennant.

pokemon fact 6
pokemon can be used for many things, such as
  1. breaking the basic principles of thermodynamics, allowing one to theoretically generate infinite energy.
  2. bending spacetime itself with the summoning of black holes at will, and backwards time travel.
  3. a cuddly pet
and many more

the rest of the information has not been recorded in the pokedex yet
join us next time as we look at yugioh
Thanks for your contribution :D

Last edited:

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Screenshot_276.png

Rhyperior gets Surf...even though its 4x weak to Water and would likely explode when it gets hit by Scald.....
...so yea, whoever taught Rhyperior to swim is evil.
There's a handful of mons weak to Water that can Surf too like Tyranitar, Nidoking/Nidoqueen and Diggersby.

Weavile, Slurpuff and Pangoro can also use Surf but how does it carry you over the water? Wont it just...sink?

Last edited:

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Pokemon Diamond (not Pearl, not Platinum) is the only game in which the three starters, the pseudo legendary and the legendary pet of the game learn any type of hazard move (Stealth Rock in this case).

Jynx is the mon with the longest cry.

Hippowdon, Zygarde and Garchomp are the only Pokemon that have 108 HP and they all are Ground-type.

The only typing that hits super effectively against itself with both of its types is Dragon Ghost, while the only typing that can't hit itself is Normal Ghost.

Roselia is the only Pokemon whose evolution and preevolution were introduced in a different generation than the middle stage, and both being introduced in the same generation (both Budew and Roserade are from Gen 4).

Clefable is the non-legendary Pokemon with the widest movepool.

Pokemon Diamond (not Pearl, not Platinum) is the only game in which the three starters, the pseudo legendary and the legendary pet of the game learn any type of hazard move (Stealth Rock in this case).

Jynx is the mon with the longest cry.

Hippowdon, Zygarde and Garchomp are the only Pokemon that have 108 HP and they all are Ground-type.

The only typing that hits super effectively against itself with both of its types is Dragon Ghost, while the only typing that can't hit itself is Normal Ghost.

Roselia is the only Pokemon whose evolution and preevolution were introduced in a different generation than the middle stage, and both being introduced in the same generation (both Budew and Roserade are from Gen 4).

Clefable is the non-legendary Pokemon with the widest movepool.
i would beg to differ its smeargle, but hes technically copying it, so ye, clefable is probably the one with the widest movepool.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
fun fact: the first pokemon designed was actually Eevee, not pikachu as u might expect. However, game leads turned down the design as a mascot because the colors weren't as 'exciting,' which led to the development of our favorite electric mouse pokemon. of couse eevee remained in the game and became a fan favorite, eventualy getting its own game in pokemon lets go eevee, so i guess things all worked out in the end ^_^

another fun fact: pikachu originally had another evolution after raichu called Gorochu.https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/4/17425162/pikachu-design-interview-creation It would have had fangs and horns, but got cut from the game due to balancing issues.

Last edited:

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
fun pokemon facts'!:

- horsea is the only pokemon that evolves with the "tea bag" item

- the pokemon with the highest friendship rating in the series is boldore

- a secret easter egg in alpha sapphire references the acclaimed comic watchmen. a trainer called "manhattan" battles you and if you lose he vapourises you

- if you add up the attack stats of every pokemon in the game whose name starts with "p", you get 208 - a clear and obvious reference to route 208, where you fight gym leader clarence for the first time

- if you go to the top of mt. moon, sometimes you can see the clefairy dancing in the moonlight

- it has been variously claimed that the first pokemon was arceus, mew, bulbasaur, or rhyhorn. however, the answer is actually mega mawile

- volkner is real he has escaped from the game and is hunting me oh god oh help please if anyone reads this it's not too late to send help my co-ordinates are 078°N 680°W please help quickly he's almost here oh god oh god oh g

- mario is in pokemon! he's behind the locked door in the scrimblo ruins :-)

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
fun fact: the first pokemon designed was actually Eevee,
Listen. I understand that you're trying to chase the high from that other deez nuts joke. I get it. It was an excellent joke. You got us good. But c'mon. Someone's gotta draw the line before you take it too far

For those unaware, the joke is that Rhydon is the first Pokemon designed. And 'Rhydon' can be used in a similar fashion to Ligma, Sugma, etc. "Rhydon this dick/these nuts/etc". The accused was attempting to lure some gullible fool into falling for their trap, so that they then might make the deez nutz joke and prove themselves again to be a top tier comedian. Nice try brightobject, but it seems as though you're not so bright after all LOL rekt

Anyways Albatross's fun Pokemon fact is that you shouldn't look up Mandibuzz's japanese name if you're under the age of 18

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Listen. I understand that you're trying to chase the high from that other deez nuts joke. I get it. It was an excellent joke. You got us good. But c'mon. Someone's gotta draw the line before you take it too far

For those unaware, the joke is that Rhydon is the first Pokemon designed. And 'Rhydon' can be used in a similar fashion to Ligma, Sugma, etc. "Rhydon this dick/these nuts/etc". The accused was attempting to lure some gullible fool into falling for their trap, so that they then might make the deez nutz joke and prove themselves again to be a top tier comedian. Nice try brightobject, but it seems as though you're not so bright after all LOL rekt

Anyways Albatross's fun Pokemon fact is that you shouldn't look up Mandibuzz's japanese name if you're under the age of 18
Untitled-1.jpg

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

hey good catch, alba

tangent: wasn't there a pokemon with a name that sounded similar to ligma/sugma...?

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
despite its relatively high intelligence and observed sentience, mr mime are considered a delicacy in kanto, johto, and nebraska. typically its shoulders are served well done as cutlets. it tends to be paired with red wine. as the loin and hock are made to be inedible to humans via its psychic power (anti predatory measures,) they are usually ground into a fine paste in order to be restructured as cat or dog food.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)