• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Only if you pay about 20 elo

• Only if you beat QT with it, then lose to NovaFish and Chloe

• Only if you vote for this option

• Only if you stop making poll options here

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok guys and gals, first RMT: don’t judge.

Introduction

So, I had an idea about a weird Zygarde set that hard-counters Primal Groudon: Latiosite. It seemed a rediculous idea at first, but the more I mulled it over, the more sense it made, and although it isn’t amazing, I decided to try and build a balance around it. I would just like you all to be notified that I cannot figure out how to get the sprites working.

So, I started off with the Latiosite Zygarde set which you will see later, and started searching for weaknesses. The most obvious ones were Outrage Lucarionite Zygarde, Entei and just all the Pixilate pokemon in the game and thinking of a check to all (or at least, most) of them.
Since there are practically no special Altarianite sets, I decided to partner it with Manectite Mew to deal with Entei and Zygarde, and general physical attackers like Terrakion, which Zygarde is only a shaky check to. This Pokemon is really good at the moment, usually being able to 1v1 practically all the physical attackers in the game, as well as providing a reliable Defog.

At this point, the team looked ridiculously weak to Magearna, so I decided to add specially defensive Primal Groudon, for things like Raikou and Azelf as well. Since Mew checked Pinsirite Magearna, I now felt safe with my Magearna matchup. This also had Rocks, which is a useful asset to the team.

Speaking of Pinsirite Magearna, I really like the set, and I felt a cleric would be really useful to the 3 stall Pokemon that came before it. This can beat Blissey as well, which the team looked a bit soft to before, with Earthquake on Primal Groudon doing around not enough damage, and Zygarde dying of toxic before it can get enough set up. Not even going to talk about how Mew loses.

Team was looking a tad slow at that point, with Kartana easily being able to set up and win, so I added Terrakion, as a useful revenge killer and Taunt lead against Shuckle. Unsure whether this can be replaced with Entei, but I don’t think so because Kartana can (with set up) kill it before it Sacred Fires.

Finally, I added Primal Kyogre, because a dual Primal core looked really fun, and the cleric comes in very handy with rest. Physical defense EVs are to lure in any physical attackers that think they can beat it. Rest also helps with the Blissey matchup in emergencies.

Into the Team

*Zygarde sprite*

Zygarde @ Latiosite
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Pain Split

Ok, there you go, there’s the set. Dragon Tail is useful phazing against set up pokemon like Skyceus (NOT FLYCEUS), Thousand Arrows is it’s main STAB and one of the ways it outclasses other ground Pokemon, so I sort of just... put it. Coil is useful for both that attack boost and the defense boost, since most of the EVs are stacked on Special Defense. I put them there for taking Primal Groudon’s Overheat / Eruption / Lava Plume. If the set is Smack Down, you can at least set up a coil before they can actually start doing some damage.

*Mew sprite*

Mew @ Manectite
Ability: synchronise
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

The main physical wall of the team. Intimidate is invaluable to its capacity as a defensive wall, and combined with all that defense investment, it becomes almost impossible to break, unless Terrakion has set up +6 or something stupid. Defog is another perk this Pokemon gets, due to Stealth Rocks annoying teams a lot. Earth Power is useful against Terrakion, Primal Groudon that doesn’t straight up nuke you with Overheat, and Ice Beam is useful against Groundceus, Zygarde, Landorus-T, Zygarde and Zygarde.

*Pdon sprite*

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 144 HP / 112 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

I love Special Defensive Primal Groudon sooooo much. I don’t even know why. It ensures a victory against Xerneas, Magearna, Raikou, Azelf and things like that, that otherwise can hax their way to victory (even though I always am the HAXER, not the HAXED). Fire Punch is used over Lava Plume or other special move, simply because I don’t like losing speed, and I don’t like mixed sets. This is the Stealth Rock setter of the team which helps a lot, and Toxic is used when you don’t know what they’re going to switch to. Not entirely sure about what EVs, since I’m way too lazy to open the damage calculator.

*Magearna sprite*

Magearna @ Pinsirite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Pain Split

As I mentioned in the teambuilding thing, I thought a cleric would come in very handy for the other sets made to be bulky, yet can’t repel status. This set is very good, being able to sweep a lot of unprepared teams (see MnM thread somewhere for OMPL replays, Funbot28 posted them). Pain Split is useful to 1v1 things like Fairyceus, Blissey, etc. I think my EVs are the standard ones, but it might be 40 HP, 216 Speed. Correct me if I’m wrong.

*Terrakion sprite*

Terrakion @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

A fast revenge killer looked like an invaluable addition at this point, with Magearna only obtaining good speed with Shift Gear, and the rest looking like tortoises. Taunt makes this Pokemon a good lead, shutting down suicide leads straight away, and Toxic is used for the same reason as Primal Groudon, with the addition of being able to poison Glisco (man, ‘poison gliscor’ sounds really incorrect).

*Kyogre-Primal

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 SpA
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Just looking at the moves, this looks like a standard set apart from Rest. But I thought, if you can run it viably on Primal Groudon, why not here? As I mentioned earlier, this lures in a lot of physical attackers like Zygarde, I think it can take +1 Thousand Arrows from Lucarionite. Obviously it can’t take hits from Kartana or Zeraora,but I still think it’s a good set. Also, they think Close Combat kills from full health. Oh the fools.

Threatlist

Darkrai. Diancite sets 6-0 after a few Nasty Plots. I don’t know where to fix this problem though. Only threat I can think of to be honest.

Zygarde @ Latiasite
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Pain Split

Mew @ Manectite
Ability: synchronise
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 144 HP / 112 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Magearna @ Pinsirite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Pain Split

Terrakion @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 SpA
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)