Side Welcome to Sword and Shield Monotype - Round of 16

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Approved by Forum Mods

Welcome to Sword and Shield Monotype - Round of 16

Yet another generation has come, and with it, another tournament to usher in the new world of Monotype. As with the release of Sun and Moon, the Monotype forum is hosting a team tournament to give everyone the opportunity to experiment and help with developing the gen 8 Monotype metagame. This tournament is played with teams of five to encourage people to build together, so find some friends and sign up!

Tournament Format & Rules :

• There are 32 teams of 5 players, divided into 8 groups of 4. Each group and matchup are randomized by Moosical.
  • Always play your games in the [Gen 8] Monotype format.
  • Like normal team tours, you will play bo1 versus your opponent, and the team is playing to win the best of five between the players. You do not need to play all at the same time, so schedule individually like usual!
  • You must play on the main Pokemon Showdown server or on the Smogtours server. Replays posted from any other server will be ignored.
  • This tournament is about developing the Monotype metagame. As a result, you must abide by the following.:
    • Save your replays
    • Have public replays (Message Eien as soon as possible if you accidentally make your replay private. He can make them public for you)
    • And post your replays
  • Extensions don't exist in team tours, but there are no subs in this tour. So, I will leave the option of extensions open with the caveat that you need to legitimately try to schedule within the week. I reserve the right to deny extensions.
  • Don't be too rude to each other. The usual Nice User TM discussion can go in the Monotype Discord tournaments channel.
Standard Monotype Rules:
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
Tournament Structure:
  • This tournament will have two stages: groups and playoffs.
  • For the groups stage, teams will be randomly split into separate groups. The top two teams of each group will advance to the playoffs. Ties will be decided by total wins, so make sure to play every game.
  • For the playoffs, it will be a standard single elimination bracket.

The tournament will proceed with this Bracket generated by Moosical. Every matchup is single elimination, the loser is eliminated. If your team is not on the bracket, I'm sorry but you didnt make it in. You can check the standings of group stage in the spreadsheet above.

Round of 16

Astronelle () vs Fuck Wanka (4)
Bouki vs Wanka
Brumirage vs Seager
yedla vs Clearly
Nailec vs Sabella
Gelbel3c vs Pak

Flapple Force (1) vs The Golden Snorlaxes (3)
TJ vs Jolly Togekiss ^-^
Feliburn vs Caspell
DugZa vs DYA
Reyzark vs LuckyPiper
EviGaro vs Decem

Igor (2) vs Two Bee Deter Mend(3)
Roginald vs dahli
RaJ.Shoot vs Ssalbap
Plimsoll Punks vs Kev
100%GXE vs Havens
Abyssal Ruins vs Eien

Novus Orbis Librarians (3) vs Free Agent 4 (1)
Yami vs Jase The World
Riku Sakuraba vs Fylkir Pudin
Rukt vs smub
I am bu vs Ya Birb Wisteria
Tico Meu vs The Thunderbirds

Dynamax Cannons () vs void(3)
Perish Song vs Chaitanya
Wincon vs Waszap
Mateeus vs zugubu royale
Harpp vs Vodoom
maroon vs Confluxx

luthier fan club (3) vs I'll think of something funny (2)
Ninjadog vs lax
LilyAC vs Paleo
tazz vs Leru
trash vs Jyph
Corporal Levi vs 1 True Lycan

PS! Boomers (4) vs The Luminous Lanturns (1)
Zukushiku vs Estarossa
Anttya vs Juuno
Catalystic vs Sage
Sae vs gum
Ticken vs avarice

The Lazy Snorlaxes (4) vs Free Agent 1 ()
Maxerus vs Ninjamage
A Virus vs MikuChan
Dandy Highwayman vs Ferno
TezGreninja vs Drifting
Xylia vs Literally An Ace Trainer
The deadline for this round is 5th Sunday EST 11.59 PM!

Last edited:

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
re: Round Robin Standings

There has been an error with the standings of Group 8, that Week 2 and Week 3 scores of the team "I'll think of something funny" was written wrongly which directly caused them to get eliminated from the tournament by affecting their group seeding. The fix on the scores does change the overall group standings into this.

While the situation is unprofessional and deeply regrettable, it would be unfair to that team to be left out because of an error I have made, so I have no options but to switch their place in the tournament and add them to playoffs they rightfully deserve. I would like to apologize to all of you for messing up, dealing with 30+ unplayed games weekly in a 160 man tour caused me to forget about this one. I also would like to apologize to Angery Mafia members for removing them from the tournament for my own mess up.

Result: I'll think of something funny is added to playoffs over Angery Mafia. OP has been edited to reflect this.

Relevant parties: Ampha Sorry, I had to remove you guys. trash U guys got new oppos. Paleo Your team is added into playoffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)