Welcome To The Land Of The Sand And Snow

Team At A Glance:

Overview
I recently got into using weather teams, Sand is by far my favorite due mostly to my favorite Pokemon, Tyranitar. Ive been recently looking into running dual weather; Sun/rain is a common combo so I decided to do something different and go with Sand/Hail using the prior mentioned Tyranitar and the bad ass yetti Abomasnow.

In Depth:

Tyranitar@ Lum Berry
Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Crunch
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Tyranitar is the most important member of this team seeing as Sand Stream kicks off my whole strategy. I originally ran Focus Sash on him to make sure he got off a Dragon Dance, but I made the switch to a Lum Berry after running into Breloom and Spore which could basically wreck the whole team. Dragon Dance is the setup move that allows T-Tar to get a monster attack level. Crunch is used for STAB and deals with Pyschics and ghosts that can hurt Latios. Fire Blast is my main way of countering Ferrothorn and other Steels that would otherwise wall this set. I chose this over Fire Punch because the accuracy drop was well worth the added power. Lastly, Earthquake hits pretty much anything hard that doesnt resist it.

Donphan@ Leftovers
Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Speed
Impish
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard
Earthquake
I replaced Excadrill with Donphan in order to make this team legal for OU battles. After using the original lineup I realized it actually had some trouble with entry hazards thus using Donphan with rapid spin seemed like the most logical solution. Stealth Rock allows me to set up my own hazards after spinning away theirs. Ice Shard gives Donphan a priority move to counter Grass types. Lastly Earthquake is STAB and is Donphan's most powerful offensive attack.

Scizor@ Life Orb
Technician
EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk /216 SpD
Adamant
Swords Dance
Superpower
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Scizor is arguably the best sand sweeper and after a swords dance boost it can wreck entire teams. Superpower allows Scizor to nail opposing steals and Tyranitar. Bullet Punch is priority STAB and has its power doubled by Technician. Life Orb cancels out the stat drop from using Superpower.

Abomasnow@ Expert Belt
Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk/144 SpA/112 Speed
Naughty
Wood Hammer
Ice Shard
Blizzard
HP Fire
Abomasnow brings on the second wave of my weather with Snow Warning. Wood Hammer is my main move, Its STAB and provides a powerful check to Water types which are major threats to Excadrill and Tyranitar. Ice Shard is a priority move that gains STAB and allows me to easily pick off injured foes. Blizzard is my main Ice STAB move and has 100% accuracy in a hail storm. HP Fire takes care of opposing Grass Pokemon.

Latios@ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Speed
Timid
Draco Meteor
Psyshock
Thunderbolt
Trick
Latios is my pure special sweeper and is used to kill a variety of things that would otherwise counter my team. Draco Meteor is my STAB move that guarantees a kill of any opposing dragon and serious damage to anything that doesnt resist it. Psyshock is my counter for fighting types such as Conkeldurr and provides STAB, that, unlike DM allows Latios to stay in without a stat drop. Thunderbolt is for frailer waters and Gyarados, Trick cripples stalls and common Latios counters such as Jirachi

Gyarados@ Leftovers
Intimidate
EVs: 176 HP/128 Atk/204 Speed
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Taunt
Bounce
Gyarados is pretty much the glue of my team, it has good neutral damage and only two true weaknesses. Dragon Dance boosts Gyarados's attack that allows me to run the bulky set to take hits. Waterfall is the best STAB Water move it has and can wipe out fire types. Taunt stops Pokemon like Cressalia from coming in to set up on Gyarados. Bounce allows me to avoid status moves that would cripple Gyarados and to scout for an opponent's attacks it also destroys fighting types.
Thanks,
STABX4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)