What am I missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this team is woefully inadequate. Can someone shed some light?

B-52 Bomber (Dragapult) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 SpD
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Spiky Bunker (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Toxic

Tropic Thunder (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch

Ground Beast (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Egg (Blissey) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Sir Birdo (Corviknight) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Leftovers+4 attacks dragapult doesn't have enough punching power to work, you should probably swap lefties for specs, since that enables you stuff like OHKOing spectrier with shadow ball. also don't try to go for defensive EV's on it, use that 142 base speed

Putting teleport on blissey would allow you to take momentum much easier, which would allow you to bring your breakers in easier, and I don't personally think you need heal bell, since blissey has natural cure, corvi and pex can't be poisoned, and lando can't be paralyzed easily.

Maybe consider changing up bulk up for uturn on corviknight; it would make every member of your team except pex able to pivot, which would mean much easier time setting up your choicers to go to town

pex might be able to utilize a rocky helmet, to better punish uturners, especially cinderace.

I was considering heal bell for treating status effects on my other pokemon, not so much myself. Would that still be a bad move to keep on in light of that?
I wouldn't say its bad, as much as teleport is probably generally more useful, since some of your other mons are already immune to some forms of status because of typing. Heal bell seems like more of a luxury move, while I would say teleport is essential. If you want to keep heal bell, you might want to then drop thunder wave, since tapu koko and dragapult are generally fast enough not to need speed control help, and lando has scarf

I wouldn't say its bad, as much as teleport is probably generally more useful, since some of your other mons are already immune to some forms of status because of typing. Heal bell seems like more of a luxury move, while I would say teleport is essential. If you want to keep heal bell, you might want to then drop thunder wave, since tapu koko and dragapult are generally fast enough not to need speed control help, and lando has scarf
Yeah I think I realized that after the fact, I goofed when I wrote that, hence why I deleted the post. I figure that Blissey should be able to inflict some sort of status, and being able to hit steel and poison types made sense to me. Is that a good choice?

Don't worry mate, it's not necessary to delete posts because you think you goofed, it gives people here easier insight into your tought process and what you want from a team, and deleting makes it harder to follow.
Anyways,most blissey sets are teleport,softboiled,seismic toss/shadow ball,utility move of your choice. You don't need shadow ball since dragapult outspeeds and OHKOes non scarf spectriers(and scarf spectriers do nothing to blissey), so seismic toss is probably correct in your case. the last move can be whatever utility move you want(stealth rocks, status moves,heal bell...), but in your case I don't think thunder wave is best, since your breakers are already quite fast, and lando can take care of most poisons and steels that aren't corviknight or skarmory

Don't worry mate, it's not necessary to delete posts because you think you goofed, it gives people here easier insight into your tought process and what you want from a team, and deleting makes it harder to follow.
Anyways,most blissey sets are teleport,softboiled,seismic toss/shadow ball,utility move of your choice. You don't need shadow ball since dragapult outspeeds and OHKOes non scarf spectriers(and scarf spectriers do nothing to blissey), so seismic toss is probably correct in your case. the last move can be whatever utility move you want(stealth rocks, status moves,heal bell...), but in your case I don't think thunder wave is best, since your breakers are already quite fast, and lando can take care of most poisons and steels that aren't corviknight or skarmory
So what utility move would make sense? I already have Toxic on Pex and Lando. Should I swap out Toxic on Lando to put on Blissey?

So what utility move would make sense? I already have Toxic on Pex and Lando. Should I swap out Toxic on Lando to put on Blissey?
Hmm, I would actually keep toxic on lando and swap rocks to blissey, since blissey has better recovery which means it can set rocks easier without getting chipped, and locking yourself into stealth rock isn't the greatest thing. You can then put stone edge onto lando, which lets you take care of zapdos nicely

Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

• Love
Reactions: TPP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)