What are the things a standard American fears the most?

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
oh my fears eh? you’d want that, wouldn’t you? you’d really like to know, huh, enemy spy? well you’re not foolin me THAT easily, you little scumbag. hehehehehe.... anyways
as a floridian im the direct opposite. right now its like 40-50 and im cold as fuck
normally i would not pay attention to this, but since im midwestern, and as such sport a triple immunity to the kyurem-level blizzards that i deal with on march, im gonna take this moment to chuckle, giggle, and even guffaw at this little rubber duckie who cannot withstand such EENSY teensy weather. hee hoo hahaha gah ha haw haw haw hoo hoo tee hee hee

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Alcohol

The legal drinking age in the United States is 21 (according to a quick Google search). However, consider the following:

- the minimum age at which you can enlist in whatever branch of the US army is 17
- the driving age varies between 16-18 per states, some of them applying restrictions to the younger drivers
- the age of consent varies between 16-18 per states. There may also be Romeo and Juliet laws in place to decriminalize sex between parties that are both under the age of consent (according to Google).

so a 17-year old is responsible enough to potentially die in Syria, operate a vehicle, and impregnate a girl/get pregnant. But drinking alcohol? Noooooooo, they are too young for scary alcohol!

(if I got any of the facts above wrong, feel free to enlighten me)

Amberr

Banned deucer.
Alcohol

The legal drinking age in the United States is 21 (according to a quick Google search). However, consider the following:

- the minimum age at which you can enlist in whatever branch of the US army is 17
- the driving age varies between 16-18 per states, some of them applying restrictions to the younger drivers
- the age of consent varies between 16-18 per states. There may also be Romeo and Juliet laws in place to decriminalize sex between parties that are both under the age of consent (according to Google).

so a 17-year old is responsible enough to potentially die in Syria, operate a vehicle, and impregnate a girl/get pregnant. But drinking alcohol? Noooooooo, they are too young for scary alcohol!

(if I got any of the facts above wrong, feel free to enlighten me)
i mean alcohol is cringe in general but thats still awful all around

colour
celcius,
mods, could you please consider deleting this post? it has no value other than shock factor. i leaned so far back in horror after seeing this post that i have now phased through the floor and i have a giant piece of wood sticking through my body. i am in an immense amount of pain. if you can't delete it, i will also settle for A. burr (from hamilton) paying for my new robotic body. you're welcome :middle:

It's weird since Iran is literally the same thing as Saudi Arabia, but the US has far more tolerance of it thanks to it selling oil
One is a theocratic republican dictatorship, one is a absolute monarchy whose power is completely dependent on appeasing domestic theocrats who oppose the republican government of the other country. It might not seem like much of a difference but it's a huge distinction in the dynamics of power in each country. There's nothing the Saudis fear more than Iran exporting revolution abroad, and Iran is fundamentally opposed to the Gulf monarchies.

It's kind of like how the Holy See would still be different from the Russian Federation if the Pope suddenly acquired US fighter planes and aerial platforms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)