What classic game do I start with today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Current list:

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Illusion of Gaia
Secret of Mana
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy III

All of these are the original SNES games, not handheld ports or remakes. Where do I start?

I'm with Super Metroid.

FF3 is a grindfest where even after grinding bosses will kill you.
What are you talking about? FF6 is known for being one of the easiest Final Fantasy games. You only need to grind maybe twice (?) and only if you're really adamant about buying the best equipment in town.

I've played all of these games save LttP and you can't go wrong with any of them. I think that Final Fantasy Adventure is better than Secret of Mana, though.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
FF6 is known for being one of the easiest Final Fantasy games.
Except for 7, 8, 9, and 10. In fact being harder than 7 is what alot of 6's fans will point to.

6 was a game where the best strategy was mind blowingly simple and having it still in no way allowed you to win fights if you didn't grind a bit. Still a good game though.

I played LttP just last week, so that's a good choice. So is Super Metroid. I could never manage to make myself play through Secret of Mana.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Illusion of Gaia isn't exactly a great game. I kind of disagree with giving it 'classic' status.

Secret of Mana didn't age very well.

The other 3 are all great picks.

Illusion of Gaia might not be up there with Super Metroid and Link to the Past but it's definitely a classic.

Link is the type of game where if you wait long enough between play throughs it will give you that amazing feeling the first play through gave you every time.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I started off with ALttP, and I'm probably going to go with Super Metroid next.

Any suggestions with what other games to play? I've played through Chrono Trigger recently, so that's checked off my list.

If you can find an english patched version, I DEFINITELY recommend Bahamut Lagoon. If you are playing on an american released console, that's impossible though lol. But seriously, Bahamut Lagoon is one of the funnest games I have ever played. Here's some info on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahamut_Lagoon Tales of Phantasia is also a good game, but it was never released in America officially either lol.

Obviously if you were to play those games, you would have to do some certain unmentionable acts...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No Super Mario World or Mario Bros 3? Loved those games.

I would go LttP or FF3. Can't go wrong with either of those series.

Either Earthbound, Secret of Mana, or Seiken Densetsu 3 would be my vote. Actually, Seiken Densetsu 3 doesn't sound half bad right about now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)