What do you expect from the new Elder scrolls 6?

Bethesda have released a small trailer saying that it'll come soon, but a lot of mistery still surrounds it.

However there has been a trademark saying "Redfall". I saw an interesting youtube video on that.
redfall.png

This makes me and many other Elder scrolls fans excited.

Redfall is probably referring to the redguards and maybe their downfall? When they were at war / civil war.

This would likely take place in hammerfell then, the home of the redguards.
But we can only speculate right? Maybe it will take place in Yokuda ?

Let me know what your thoughts are
redfall.png

I fully expect the new elder scrolls game to be a massive trainwreck, Bethesda has proven their incompetency in the past few years and reminder that when Skyrim came out a common complaint was the amount of shit it watered down from oblivion

Redfall suggests indeed Hammerfell as a location, even if we can't be 100% sure. I would have loved to see a TES set in Akavir (preferably in the past, when the Empire still had presence on that territory), because this way they could have kept dragons + introduce new races + expand the lore of that continent which amounts to a few books so far. Also, setting the next TES in Akavir would mean giving more breathing room to the Online, which is Tamriel-focused. Yeah teso will probably die in any case though, and that's why they delayed the development of tes 6 so much.

I fully expect the new elder scrolls game to be a massive trainwreck, Bethesda has proven their incompetency in the past few years and reminder that when Skyrim came out a common complaint was the amount of shit it watered down from oblivion
I mean you can cherry pick issues with Skyrim but I think anyone that says it wasn't a 9/10 game is fooling themselves, it was a fantastic game and I doubt they're gonna fuck their biggest franchise up like they did with Fallout 76

I mean you can cherry pick issues with Skyrim but I think anyone that says it wasn't a 9/10 game is fooling themselves, it was a fantastic game and I doubt they're gonna fuck their biggest franchise up like they did with Fallout 76
It's not like Fallout isn't a major franchise either, but yeah. I had 76 kind of filed under "weird experimental spinoff game" from the start, it doesn't reflect well on Bethesda but I'm not expecting their core titles to be bad because of it.

As for TES 6, I don't really think much of it because there's still not really much to think about, we still don't even have anything remotely close to a release window. I'm hoping for improvement to the combat, maybe some sort of dynamic shifting between 1st person camera for exploration and 3rd person when you unsheathe your weapon and idk. Skyrim was great when it came out but it's a bit dated today no matter how many times Bethesda re-releases it or calls it special or legendary.

tondas

This hennessy is gonna be the death of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
rather than expectations I have a list of things I'd want improved after experiencing skyrim (fantastic game btw):

-making food in skyrim is a cool mechanic at first glance but is fucking worthless since the items you can craft do so little after like 2 hours of gameplay. why even have it when alchemy exists and is an actual mechanic in the game that you can level up? seems petty but there's no incentive nor reward for hunting deer or taking out giant mammoths.

-i'd like an overhaul of the magic system. I really don't like dedicating entire loadouts, level upgrades and finding the right spell tomes all for a suboptimal playstyle that ends up paling in comparison to other builds. perhaps there's a vital perk i missed, but from my perspective magic outside of healing and maybe necromancy aren't very helpful later down the line.

-i want to be able to customize clothes in any shape or form. from my knowledge this was in previous installments but I really want something like this to return. sure, something like daedric armor looks sick, but that's merely one set, and sets for things such as stealth builds often look really goofy (see: cicero's clothes, I don't want to look like a fuckin jester just because I want the best stealth and dagger loadout)

-also pretty petty but I'd like for the base game to be streamlined with things such as inventory management and scrolling through menus. I had to install skyui and a couple other things to generally make the game a lot smoother to play, and I don't want to go through the hassle of having to manually fix the issues with the game just because they weren't optimized in the first place.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rather than expectations I have a list of things I'd want improved after experiencing skyrim (fantastic game btw):

-making food in skyrim is a cool mechanic at first glance but is fucking worthless since the items you can craft do so little after like 2 hours of gameplay. why even have it when alchemy exists and is an actual mechanic in the game that you can level up? seems petty but there's no incentive nor reward for hunting deer or taking out giant mammoths.
I can respect the idea, but I think the bigger picture is that of a complete RPG. There are a ton of mods that go into improving the food system so that you need to eat or drink or what have you. I would say a huge group of people are dedicated to not just playing the game, but experiencing it as if they were in that world themselves. Removing food would take away from the immersion that others love and utilize in massive RPGs that Bethesda puts out, so I don't think it would be a good idea. At the current system, it caters to both styles of play: those that don't care too much about it and those that prefer an immersive RPG.

- I haven't really played much with magic as I'm not a huge magic person.

-i want to be able to customize clothes in any shape or form. from my knowledge this was in previous installments but I really want something like this to return. sure, something like daedric armor looks sick, but that's merely one set, and sets for things such as stealth builds often look really goofy (see: cicero's clothes, I don't want to look like a fuckin jester just because I want the best stealth and dagger loadout)
I agree. I'm not really an immersive player, so I don't pay much attention to the armor/clothes other than the stat boosts, but if I was able to customize them and look great, I would definitely take advantage of it more often than not. Being able to gather raw materials and craft them into my own set of armor would be great, especially if I could go into nature and hunt the type of leather, find the right flowers/herbs for the colors, etc.

-also pretty petty but I'd like for the base game to be streamlined with things such as inventory management and scrolling through menus. I had to install skyui and a couple other things to generally make the game a lot smoother to play, and I don't want to go through the hassle of having to manually fix the issues with the game just because they weren't optimized in the first place.
I've never been able to play PC :( But I have seen videos with SkyUI and it looks great. Would you say SkyUI is the best inventory management system or would you offer another organization?

Fishin I'm curious to know your opinion on how Skyrim is dated. I agree the graphics aren't the best but I feel that it can still hold up as a phenomenal game. Against Witcher 3, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man PS4, etc, though, I agree, it wouldn't stand up, but I think those games set the new standard for modern gaming. Regardless, I'm thinking Skyrim will always have an immersive story, graphics, and gameplay that will entertains me and others for hours, even if the graphics aren't up to modern criteria. What do you think?

edit: I don't mean to sound condescending or anything. Apologies if it comes across as such.

edit2: I should probably post about expectations for ES6.

As far as gameplay goes, I'm really not expecting too much of an increase. It's being built on the same engine as the previous games. I'm thinking they could do something like Skyrim's level system (which I loved so much), but not as an exact copy. ESO might have been them playing around with some multiplayer options, so I'm hoping that they add something similar to that which Dark Souls had: being able to recruit others online for help with certain areas. It would be nice to be able to play this with my friends if I wanted, but not forced to share a world with a ton of other people like FO76.

I expect the size of the maps to be huge considering it's going to be on the next next-gen consoles. Maybe they could add an immersive weather factor like the immersive weather mods that some people have created, but being able to toggle that on and off would be nice too.

As for where the game and everything is, I love the lore of Tamriel, so I'm not too picky on where or when it is. It being after the events of Skyrim would be cool, hopefully giving us dragons still. Zard97's suggestion of it being set in Akavir in the past is an interesting concept, still giving us Dragons but still letting us have relations with the Empire.

I just hope (and think) that the main story will be better than Skyrim's. I feel that some parts of it were dragged out and repetitive, fetch quest-like, etc., but overall a decent story. I do hope it has a long story.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)