what is your least favourite pokemon dungeon

RODAN

Banned deucer.
main series only.

ok so i personally will go with the ice path in gsc mostly due to the fact that when i was a youngun i never got past it on my silver and literally gave up on pokemon until fire red.

i really disliked the seafoam islands
i played yellow recently and skipped the place entirely - only came back to catch things like seel.

when i came back it wasn't too bad, though i did have a team of ~level 80 pokes. still, maybe it's my initial frustrations coming back to haunt me.

i couldn't see where the exit was of yellow victory road so i was stuck for a while, too, lol.

but in general pretty much any flash cave because flash sucks

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Every dungeon I went to if I didn't have enough repels to get through it, really. Even more so the ones that I needed Flash, like Mt. Moon. Can't really name my absolute most hated dungeon off the top of my head, though.

Relatively it has to be Snowpoint Gym. The first time I played Platinum I got stuck in there. FOR LONGER THAN I GOT STUCK ON THE TRASH CANS IN HG.

Absolutely, it has to be HGSS Victory Road. You come out with weakened mons after fighting a bunch of high-leveled wild Pokemon, then BAM RIVAL BATTLE.

The other games don't have that, and if they do it's not all that hard, but this was (I think) the third time I ever blacked out in a Pokemon game. (First two were on Platinum, because I had no idea how to play.)

Relatively it has to be Snowpoint Gym. The first time I played Platinum I got stuck in there. FOR LONGER THAN I GOT STUCK ON THE TRASH CANS IN HG.

Absolutely, it has to be HGSS Victory Road. You come out with weakened mons after fighting a bunch of high-leveled wild Pokemon, then BAM RIVAL BATTLE.

The other games don't have that, and if they do it's not all that hard, but this was (I think) the third time I ever blacked out in a Pokemon game. (First two were on Platinum, because I had no idea how to play.)
Ruby and Sapphire (Not Emerald) jumped you with Wally right before the end of Victory Road (Emerald has Wally appear at the beginning).

Rock Tunnel. At least in RBY, there's no alternate paths, no items to pick up, nothing but a gauntlet of Trainer after invisible Trainer. Very boring.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Sinnoh Victory Road... Just grrraaaargh. Steelix's everywhere and just oh my god so many trainers/enemies/walls/drops/ladders/bridges etc... It was just a nightmare of a map, I actually drew the path through it in a guide *just* so I didn't have to work it out ever again. It was so horrifically designed.

Past that, I don't really remember anywhere else being that confusing. I haven't explored a lot of the BW caves apart from the ones you are forced to go through during the story, but those are relatively simple. Twist mountain there is about 4 different routes through it depending on the time of year and which way you decide to turn at any given moment.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The whirl islands in GSC made me a sad little boy. I could never remember which one to enter to find lugia then because I'd spend so much time going to each island I'd forget where to go once I got in there. Then my team would faint, find a way out, heal, go back and repeat..

Also having to need surf, whirlpool, waterfall, flash and strength to get through..

I got lost in Turnback Cave in Platinum for a few hours because I didn't know that there was only one entrance and exit. So frustrating.

I can't believe that anyone has said this, but...

Aegis Cave in Mystery Dungeon. It forces you to repeat parts of it over and over until you get the stones that hardly ever drop from Unowns, and the ones you're looking for may not even appear at all, forcing you to repeat it again!
*calms down*
In the main series games, anything with a sliding puzzle. I hate them so much.

Reversal Mountain. Not because it's hard (it isn't), but because it's really tedious and samey and has loads of trainers and has no challenge because you have a partner + infinite healing. And it has no interesting gimmicks either apart from that.

Probably Eterna Forest is second, for similar reasons.

My least favorite dungeon...is more like a Route, but it was the Route outside of Pacifiidlog Town. The one with the rapids. I got stuck there forever just trying to find Horsea...

Wait, just realized...post no.100 here!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
In ice cave? Eh, it does get confusing, but I think it's a pretty good puzzle by pokemon standards. Hard enough but not youtube worthy.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
I like most of the dungeons in the Pokémon games that have some sort of gimmick to them. Ice Path might be my favorite place in Johto, the Seafoam Islands are up there for me in Kanto, and so on. There is one exception though: Chargestone Cave. It was one of the first things that we were shown off before Black and White were released, and when I got there...It just brought up some kind of primal rage in me. Why are there rocks floating in the air? How is our protagonist not dead from electrocution? Why does barely grazing one of those floaty rocks take like five seconds before you can move again? Where is this all this electricity coming from, the Pokémon? If so, then why are they in a cave and not in the cities? Why is the encounter rate suddenly so prohibitively high, and why are Boldore such jerks?

I was really digging my White version up until this point, but this cave seriously made this game not fun at all for me. It would be like four or five months before I was finally able to force myself to get through that place. I'm glad I did because I loved the rest of the game. This was mostly a personal choice. Blatantly unrealistic physics without proper justification is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Meh, we stopped caring about the whole electrocution thing since we have realized that Ground types are immune to Electrics while Flying types are not. In the first generation, obviously.

Generally speaking, we don't like any kind of area which forces us to use repel regularly. Particularly the Whirl Islands are extraordinary tedious because the only thing worthwhile there is Lugia and reaching it without a guide requires a lot of backtracking when you jump of the wrong slope. For extra annoyance, it has multiple entrances.
It probably wouldn't be too bad when there was something besides Lugia you could bump into, like some rare Pokemon or some quirky NPCs. Good thing the islands are optional; unless you play SoulSilver, in which case you are fucked.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Out of all the dungeons in the game, I really hated Snowpoint temple simply because of that that dumb ice puzzle you had to do to get Regigigas, it took me hours to figure that as a kid, so incredibly infuriating. What was possibly the worst part is this whole thing is that when i finally finished the ice puzzle, i realized that i didnt have Regirock, Regice, and Registeel in my party, so i needed leave the temple and go to pal park to transfer them from my gen3 games and do the whole thing again with only a partial memory of what i did to solve it.

;__;

Out of all the dungeons in the game, I really hated Snowpoint temple simply because of that that dumb ice puzzle you had to do to get Regigigas, it took me hours to figure that as a kid, so incredibly infuriating. What was possibly the worst part is this whole thing is that when i finally finished the ice puzzle, i realized that i didnt have Regirock, Regice, and Registeel in my party, so i needed leave the temple and go to pal park to transfer them from my gen3 games and do the whole thing again with only a partial memory of what i did to solve it.

;__;
The EXACT same thing happened to me. So frustrating...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)