What Pokemon do you think is going to have the most effect in BW?

Now that we have the base stats and abilities of these Pokemon, which do you think will have the most effect. Whether it be Shandera or Ononokusu, this metagame is going to be impacted severely?

well personally I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Sazando. You thought specs latias was bad? this beast has 15 more base SpA and no pursuit weakness. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be uber. Like Latias, levitate means it won't be worn down by entry hazards easily. It can just switch in all day on those awesome resists with respectable 92/90/90 defenses and fire off draco meteor. This is of course assuming draco meteor is still a move tutor.

Honestly there are so many different ones. But one of the most prominent will be Terakion. Rock/Fighting is an awesome offensive typing and it's not horrendous defensively. Plus it has 129 base att AND 108 base speed. It learns Close Combat, Stone Edge and Swords Dance, and it's bulky as well.

Ononokusu has Mold Breaker, it naturally learns Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, AND Outrage, and it doesn't have a 4x weakness. Combine that with 147 Atk and 97 Spd, and he's probably going to go to Ubers pretty quickly.

Ononokusu and Sazando IMO, are probably going to be come uber. I wouldn't be surprised if they were. Ononokusu is like salamence, with a higher attack stat, no 4x weakness, no SR weakness, MOLD BREAKER, and dragon dance/swords dance. Sazando is a better Latias. No Pursuit weakness, awesome special attack (and good attack), awesome resistances, and a good speed.

Ononokusu has Mold Breaker, it naturally learns Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, AND Outrage, and it doesn't have a 4x weakness. Combine that with 147 Atk and 97 Spd, and he's probably going to go to Ubers pretty quickly.
Sad but true. We're all afraid of another Garchomp...or god forbid Salamence.

Doryuuzu deserves some mention, Sandthrow plus its high attack could be a monster.

However, one of the most interesting newmons to me is Shubarugo, another Bug/Steel type, which has 5 more Base Attack than Scizor, and very solid defenses.

Sazando is also likely to be a game breaker, having two pretty awesome Stabs and mixed attacking stats to boot. I can smell Uber maybe later, but not as quickly as Ononokusu.

I really don't know why people are making such a big deal about mold breaker. It only really lets you EQ Bronzong, and a CB Ono can 2HKO with a fire attack as strong as fire punch assuming the damage formula is the same.

why is everyone excited for mold breaker on the dragon's? It allows you to hit brongzong with earthquake, when you already 2hko with fire punch or fire blast. AKA: Useless. Would be better if it had intimidate.

As for the topic, definatly politoad/ninetails.

Throw out the metagame with the bathwater, because these Dream World abilities screw up Gen IV so much that you can't effectively theorymon without a shitload more of information.

Shandera, Ononokusu, The 580 BST Legends, and Sazando.

The Ground Rajiin and the Electirc Rajiin get Swords Dance and Nasty plot, respectively.

Each of the horse thingys gets Swords Dance and Close Combat, and they have same base speed as Infernape.

Base 147 Attack + Swords Dance/Dragon Dance = Nuff Said
It can easily be revenged so I'm not sure if it will be broken.

Shandera is immune two types and has Shadow Tag, but we don't know if it gets Calm Mind. It is still Pursuit Bait and probably can't touch Tyranitar.

Doryuuzu will be awesome in Sand Storm and it has access to Swords Dance. So he deserves a mention.

I'mg oing to say Ononokusu. The thing has good speed, FANTASTIC attack, and decent defenses (meh). Not to forget the fact that he gets DD and SD (if he got extremespeed through move tutor or soemthing in the future i'm going to rofl). I'd say he's one of the top pokemons of gen 5.

In OU (Potentially, assuming it stays there) I think that the candle will end up shaping a lot of the metagame, at least for a while. In ubers, the Dragon/Fire type will be the core offensive poke, followed by Rayquaza, and then probbaly the Dragon/Electric.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention Aakeosu. I mean yeah, it may not be the biggest new poke as far as potential goes but 140/112/110 base attack, special attack and speed respectively ain't too shabby at all. Granted, low defences and a stealth rock weakness but hey, it'll leave a mark, no?

And there are a couple of others catching my attention (barring the super powered ones), the Ghost-Fire type Shanderaa with a big 145 special attack and 95 speed. And Shibirudon, it's got decent offensive stats but for speed (115/105/50), has no weakness (Electric/Levitate) with not terrible defensive stats (85/80/80), I just think it's only the move pool that'll hold it back...maybe.

Oh and Blaziken getting speed boost looks a bit nice, though yeah, Ninetails and Politoad probably will see more useage in the next gen.

By the way, are we talking about only the gen 5 pokemons or are we including the older pokemons with new abilities/moves and also arceus?

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be uber.
he's probably going to go to Ubers pretty quickly.
Ononokusu and Sazando IMO, are probably going to be come uber.
I can smell Uber maybe later, but not as quickly as Ononokusu.
Just want to point out that we have no way of knowing what will be Uber and what will not.

With that in mind, I have to say that Onono and Saz are both looking scary as hell right now. As others have said, Saz is basically a far superior version of Latias. And Onono is going to be wreaking havoc with Dragon dance. However, I have run some calcs and the new Steel/Grass can take Outrages and Draco Metors all day, and Gyro ball deals some hefty damage back to them.

My inner fanboy tells me that people will need to be careful of Genosect, especially its mixed sets - but, honestly, there are so many theoretically devastating Pokemon that this guy might not even see much play.

The ones that strike me as the most powerful ones are obviously the dragons and the chandelier guy (even without its Dream World Shadow Tag); and I believe we're going to see even more Tyranitars/Hippowdons around thanks to Sand Throw, Sand Power, Dought Ninetales and Drizzle Politoed.

Even though I'm not a fan of speculation, I decided to post here. I have a couple of things to say.

Why are people so hastily saying ban this or ban that? The competitive metagame hasn't even started yet and people are making stupid assumptions. Ononokusu won't going to the Uber tier right away anyways. Sure, it's more powerful than Salamence, but it's much more easily revenge killed and predictable. The 3 base speed makes a huge difference as well as a shitty base 60 special attack.

Back on topic, the Pokemon I would be worried about is Shanderaa. 145 base special attack, decent bulk, great offensive typing, and Shadow Tag make it a force to be reckoned with. I'm not saying that it'd be Uber, but I'm predicting it will be a huge threat to stall and offensive teams alike with a SubCM or Choice Scarf set. That said, I think Sazando will be very common as it resists both of Shanderaa's STAB attacks, is very bulky, and has a good offensive typing.

Edit: And Wargle. I think people have completely ignored this Pokemon potentially being exceedingly threatening. Provided that Encourage boosts the power of attack moves and removes second effects, that Means Wargle can use double STABed Giga Impact with no recharge turn and 123 base attack stat.

Really its naive to think that the tiering will be at all the same as it is now. Personally I think a new tier will need to be added between UU and OU where some of the weaker current OUs can see use. Right now there are too many good pokemon to really see how they will interact.

Ononokusu seems overrated though, as the average speed speed of pokemon in this gen has been greatly increased and its frailty will prevent it from setting up as easily as garchomp could.

The ground ghost pokemon could change up the leads we see in OU. It gets No Guard in the dream world.
Klutz can be devastating if it learns trick.
Iron fist means it most likely can learn dynamic punch.
That means that No Guard + Dynamic Punch = great lead. It can attack ghost type switch ins with its STAB. In addition, it is immune to fake out and explosion and even to dynamic punches from machamp. with 89/80/80 defenses, it can survive hits from many other leads. It gets 124 Base Attack, which is really high. Its only let down is its base 55 speed, which makes it slow. But based on the other BW pokemon we saw, 55 speed isn't too bad.

I'm going to make a Dark Horse prediction: Warubiaru AKA KAMINAGATER.

Why?

First off, good stats. 95/70/70 defenses make it very comparable to Salamence, especially since they both get Intimidate. In addition, it sports some fine resistances and immunities: It dodges electric attacks completely, and resists Dark, Rock and the potentially more upcoming Poison. It's also immune to Psychic, but who uses psychic anymore? The Dark/Rock resist is especially nice with Intimidate. Could it be used as a good T-Tar check?

It also has the nice dual STAB of Ground/Dark, even learning Earthquake and Crunch naturally. This is especially nice if it also learns Stone Edge or Pursuit. Don't forget the nice 117 Attack and 92 Speed!

It might not be as immedietely eye-catching as Sazando, Ononokusu or Shanderra, but it will be a force. Or, at the least, an interesting mon.

Kyogre is at the top of Uber usage for good reason. Politoed will be number 1 OU mark my words.
Yeah, 150 BP + STAB + Rain + Specs + 150 Base SpA = Uber Kyogre.

Politoed has Drizzle alone.

Anyways, I don't think there will be a single most impactful pokemon, rather, particular groups.

With the newly revealed dragons and the recently updated powerhouse dragons, I'm definitely seeing a Dragon/Steel metagame being reborn.

-Ononokusu the CBer (face it, this thing is too frail to be a setup sweeper).
-Sazando the Specs abuser (no Pursuit weakness, decent bulk).
-Latias/Latios the CM twins (Sazando does the Specs better, IMO).
-Garchomp the SD sweeper (bulk + speed = win).
-Flygon the Scarfer (Immunity to all hazards is niiiiiiice.)
-Salamence the LO Mixed Attacker (It outmuscles all other dragons).
-Dragonite the bulky booster (Light Screen, Roost, DD, new ability).
-Kurimugan the defensive dragon (77/90/90 mono dragon is awesome).
-Altaria the support dragon (Heal Bell, Natural Cure, Cloud nine).

Clearly, we have a fleet of dragons available to fit a wide variety of roles, which will make steel typing all the more important. Aside from the typing Metagross/Jirachi/Skarmory, I'm sure we'll be seeing that Fighting/Steel dog, who's bulk and power allow it to defend and threaten.

There are three main new Pokemon with 145 stats I'm interested in.
Shandera is definatley be big in OU,its Sp.Atk is really good, especially for its type combination.

Desukans defense could make it a good set up,and its ability is crazy good,this combined with a Shadow Tag Shandera could destroy a Scizor.

And Shubargo has more attack then Scizor,and even though its two normal abilities are ok,Im really hoping it gets something good for its Dream World.

And I was really surprised they gave Drought and Drizzle away to normal mons,I thought it was strictly for legendaries. At least they gave Cloud Nine to some pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)