What Pokemon means... an introduction. (TL:DR warning)

I HOPE THIS IS THE APPROPRIATE PLACE TO POST SUCH A THING. Sorry if it's not
(TL;DR This is just me expressing a long winded greeting to the community. No questions here, just a hearty hello)
Let this thread be a spot to share any fond memories regarding Pokmeon :)

I know, heavy subject subject title xD lol. What the hell does this unknown noob even mean?

I just joined Smogon as a registered user. I've never been involved in any in-depth, competitive functions via Smogon's Pokemon battling format or any sort of forum discussion relating to Pokemon until just days ago.
I've always been aware of Smogon, and always, somehow, kept Pokemon close to my heart.

It could be said of me that I am an underachiever, so with that in mind, I hope that whoever happens to read this takes that small, somewhat anecdotal fact about me with some small amount of consideration.

I just started playing the Pokemon games again recently. I am 28 years old. born 1990. I loved Pokemon and the anime. Pokemon was the first story and art medium that made me cry when I was 8 years old; the episode where ash almost gave Pikachu away. I remember pleading inside my heart to not let that happen fearing that somehow this could be the last episode... watching an animation of a fantasized character losing a realistically impossible creature tore my heart open wide.
It made me happy to see that would not turn out to be the case and the journey and experience of Pokemon would not end that day.

Some years later I would own a Gameboy Advanced SP and a copy of both Fire Red and Leaf Green.
Owning those games I felt enraptured. I loved every single second playing those games.
I played Emerald version; would earn money to buy a DS, Peral and Diamond when they released - I felt an intense sense of affinity towards the game and the experience. The battling and leveling of Pokemon, the soundtrack, the aesthetic of pokemon in general made me feel bliss, security and joy. But towards everyone else in my life, family, friends... I could never dare share the expression of feeling and sentiment that I type out now to all who are apart of this community.

It is no sign of keen vision or perception for one to say that Pokemon has made it's firm place in the 20th and 21st century consciousness when considering forms of art, creativity, medium and communal attraction.
There are many other forms of entertainment that some could argue that are a more worthy one's attention.

But to those people I say this... For I, one who can truly say has experienced a considerable variety of experience concerning life and the many facets of fear, joy, restlessness, wonder, aimlessness, loss, heartbreak, failure, pride and accomplishment... Pokemon is a real good in this world...

I don't care how utterly absurd that must sound to you... myself having typed out such a bold statement, that being "Pokemon is a real good in this world..."

I love Pokemon. I means a lot for me to say this on this forum - although I don't suppose I'll get many contrary sentiments from other posters here for me having said that ;).

I wish to be a lasting presence in this community. I have perused the forums and the vast amounts of information and apparent hard work offered through this site.
There is still so much more I wish to learn regarding this wonderful franchise that is Pokemon.

This is my introduction to joining this community, and my sincerest greetings to all and everyone involved with this game, smogon.com and those dedicated to creating a meaningful experience to the Pokemon gaming medium :).

Thanks for reading!

Hello! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)