What upcoming games do you anticipate the most?

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Biggest one for me is definitely NEO The Worlds End With You this summer. As a massive fan of the original TWEWY I'm still amazed we're getting a sequel after all this time, and one with different main characters and gameplay. I am a bit cautious given this is a Tetsuya Nomura game we're talking about...

...still, I hope it ends up well. Similarly cautiously optimistic for Pokemon Legends Arceus, hoping Game Freak doesn't screw this up. The Famicom Detective remakes are really exciting as someone who really wants Nintendo to do more with their backcatalogue (and perhaps means they'll look into doing something new with Metal Slader Glory :v4:) but the $60 price tag is a yikes from me

On the indie side of things, there's a Chinese-developed game called ANNO Mutationem coming out sometime this year that I'm pretty excited for. Having played the demo a month ago, the writing is a little iffy and the gameplay could still be a bit more fluid, but damn, the presentation is soooo good, the story seems like a really fun premise, and the game overall is just brimming with so much potential, hoping the devs see it through. Also looking forward to Va-11 Hall-a sequel N1rv Ann-a, though we have no idea when it's coming out at this point. Apparently there's some troubled development, but the demo I played at PAX made me confident that it'll be good regardless. Finally 30XX just came out in Early Access, so I might grab it once it gets a full release

Biggest one for me is definitely NEO The Worlds End With You this summer. As a massive fan of the original TWEWY I'm still amazed we're getting a sequel after all this time, and one with different main characters and gameplay. I am a bit cautious given this is a Tetsuya Nomura game we're talking about...

...still, I hope it ends up well. Similarly cautiously optimistic for Pokemon Legends Arceus, hoping Game Freak doesn't screw this up. The Famicom Detective remakes are really exciting as someone who really wants Nintendo to do more with their backcatalogue (and perhaps means they'll look into doing something new with Metal Slader Glory :v4:) but the $60 price tag is a yikes from me

On the indie side of things, there's a Chinese-developed game called ANNO Mutationem coming out sometime this year that I'm pretty excited for. Having played the demo a month ago, the writing is a little iffy and the gameplay could still be a bit more fluid, but damn, the presentation is soooo good, the story seems like a really fun premise, and the game overall is just brimming with so much potential, hoping the devs see it through. Also looking forward to Va-11 Hall-a sequel N1rv Ann-a, though we have no idea when it's coming out at this point. Apparently there's some troubled development, but the demo I played at PAX made me confident that it'll be good regardless. Finally 30XX just came out in Early Access, so I might grab it once it gets a full release
Wow so u r in unique games? Great these were also new to me but looks fun especially NEO as i like hack and slash. I also agree with Pokemon legends, I'm also hyped for something new in pokemon but i hope it doesn't prove disappointing. Nice choices

I'm hella excited for FF tactics 2 Triangle Strategy. I think the visuals are beautiful, although they do take a little bit of getting used to. My first Fire Emblem game was 3H, and my least favorite part was how the maps were kinda bland and how there weren't enough unique effects. Triangle Strategy adds a lot of interesting mechanics, and although it isn't really balanced correctly (spy OP) I'm still excited because it's likely things will be ironed out before the release date. As an ost nerd I also really appreciate how good the soundtrack is, although it would've been hype if Yasunori Nishiki came back for a round 2.

Although I wasn't too thrilled with S&S, I'm always trying to be optimistic and legends arceus sounds really good in theory (heard the trailer was bad so im not watching it). BDSP looks pretty ...unique too and I'm sure the gameplay will fill in where the art style doesn't, for me. Especially since the animations look to be reused... again.

I will probably get snap 2, just because I think it looks so good. The character models are stuff of nightmares but it looks to be like you'll be looking at pokemon most of the time anyways.

Also, as a Hollow Knight fan, this is obligatory:
1614968112933.png

Edit: forgot to mention SMTV

Last edited:
I'm hella excited for FF tactics 2 Triangle Strategy. I think the visuals are beautiful, although they do take a little bit of getting used to. My first Fire Emblem game was 3H, and my least favorite part was how the maps were kinda bland and how there weren't enough unique effects. Triangle Strategy adds a lot of interesting mechanics, and although it isn't really balanced correctly (spy OP) I'm still excited because it's likely things will be ironed out before the release date. As an ost nerd I also really appreciate how good the soundtrack is, although it would've been hype if Yasunori Nishiki came back for a round 2.

Although I wasn't too thrilled with S&S, I'm always trying to be optimistic and legends arceus sounds really good in theory (heard the trailer was bad so im not watching it). BDSP looks pretty ...unique too and I'm sure the gameplay will fill in where the art style doesn't, for me. Especially since the animations look to be reused... again.

I will probably get snap 2, just because I think it looks so good. The character models are stuff of nightmares but it looks to be like you'll be looking at pokemon most of the time anyways.

Also, as a Hollow Knight fan, this is obligatory:
View attachment 320873
As much of a fan of dark souls im,id say im interested in hollow knight as well(even though i have never played it). Mostly due to the fact that it shares a theme with dark souls(knights,souls,dragons,and the fact it is called "hollow" knight as hollow is a pretty important concept of dark souls,etc). People even say its difficulty is comparable to dark souls so im definitely interested.Also for pokemon legends arceus,as i already mentioned above I'm myself hyped for it and looking forward to it but also hope it doesn't dissapoints. U should try watching the trailer as it isn't as bad as most people tell it is because the only problem is that there is a chingling clip with noticible FP drops but new mechanics and the fact that pokemon move from their place during combat would surely catch you.Fire Emblem I've also heard about being a good game but never played it

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga: Unironically hell yes. Like dude, have y'all even read some of the shit they're planning for this? 300+ playable characters, double-digit quantities of Star Wars planets to explore, and of course just the whole premise of all nine films in one game with these graphics. It sounds absurd but there's genuinely serious ambition at play here, and considering how much of a classic Complete Saga already was I couldn't ask for anything more. My only worry is that news has been very slow and sporadic recently; I hope to god this doesn't end up as a Cyberpunk 2077 situation cuz I need this to be good, TT Games please don't fuck this up.

The new Sinnoh games: Unless this timeline truly is cursed and the game is abruptly revealed to be using the DP dex against all odds I'm probably getting Shining Pearl because while I rag on it a lot for very good reasons OG Pearl still was my first Pokemon game at the end of the day so I feel like I owe myself the experience the people who grew up with the original versions of previous remakes had of reliving the start of their Pokemon journeys reimagined for a new era. Legends Arceus also looks freakin killer too although I might take my time to buy that since I dunno about buying two new Pokemon games in such close proximity.

Crash Bandicoot 4 Switch port: Alright, so I played the N.Sane Trilogy and the only one that really grabbed me was Crash 2. The original suffered hard from first game syndrome in regards to movement options and level variety and the vehicle sections in Warped just weren't my cup of tea and too numerous to soldier through. Crash 4 just looks to be Crash 2 but better in every way: Top-tier level design, alt characters and masks that add variety to gameplay without feeling totally disjointed, so on and so forth. The only real serious flaw I can gather is 100% completion on this being DK64-level suffering but I don't care about that shit so lol.

Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga: Unironically hell yes. Like dude, have y'all even read some of the shit they're planning for this? 300+ playable characters, double-digit quantities of Star Wars planets to explore, and of course just the whole premise of all nine films in one game with these graphics. It sounds absurd but there's genuinely serious ambition at play here, and considering how much of a classic Complete Saga already was I couldn't ask for anything more. My only worry is that news has been very slow and sporadic recently; I hope to god this doesn't end up as a Cyberpunk 2077 situation cuz I need this to be good, TT Games please don't fuck this up.

The new Sinnoh games: Unless this timeline truly is cursed and the game is abruptly revealed to be using the DP dex against all odds I'm probably getting Shining Pearl because while I rag on it a lot for very good reasons OG Pearl still was my first Pokemon game at the end of the day so I feel like I owe myself the experience the people who grew up with the original versions of previous remakes had of reliving the start of their Pokemon journeys reimagined for a new era. Legends Arceus also looks freakin killer too although I might take my time to buy that since I dunno about buying two new Pokemon games in such close proximity.

Crash Bandicoot 4 Switch port: Alright, so I played the N.Sane Trilogy and the only one that really grabbed me was Crash 2. The original suffered hard from first game syndrome in regards to movement options and level variety and the vehicle sections in Warped just weren't my cup of tea and too numerous to soldier through. Crash 4 just looks to be Crash 2 but better in every way: Top-tier level design, alt characters and masks that add variety to gameplay without feeling totally disjointed, so on and so forth. The only real serious flaw I can gather is 100% completion on this being DK64-level suffering but I don't care about that shit so lol.
Well didn't expect to see a lego game,but for the reasons you applied,yea that sounds interesting as i played star wars jedi fallen order on PS4 and it was amazing which made me love this franchise .the fact that u mentioned that the amount of content does makes a game better and most interesting as my favorite games are those in which,i discover many new things inspite of playing over 100+ hrs.

I also played crash bandicoot N sane trilogy on PS4 and it did me as challenging yet rewarding experience as my favorite dark souls did. I gotta say new crash bandicoot looks amazing considering crash bandicoot warped further upgraded the franchise for me,i have high expectations for this as well and i definitely agree with you. Now that you reminded me of this game, I am now hyped for it as well.

That game in which,you control a girl in a forest controlling spirits right, that's what i remember iirc from E3. Yea it seems like a good puzzle game,a respectable choice :psyglad:

It was mentioned already but Hollow Knight Silksong. Yo-kai Watch 4 localization as well. I have the Japanese version and it's an amazing game, if it gets localized now people might realize how underrated the franchise is :blobthumbsup:

most likely it'll be completely overlooked like it was in Japan but I'm feeling optimistic

I think the best chance Level-5 has is getting another developer to do it, but I'm not sure who they would get. Maybe Bandai Namco? As far as I know they make the Japanese merchandise, and they've collaborated a lot

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We never got a PAL release of Inazuma Eleven Go: Galaxy or NTSC-A releases of every game after IE1. I highly doubt anything Level-5 that hasn't had an English release explicitly announced already is going to receive one.

We never got a PAL release of Inazuma Eleven Go: Galaxy or NTSC-A releases of every game after IE1. I highly doubt anything Level-5 that hasn't had an English release explicitly announced already is going to receive one.
I know they did announce it at some point, but yeah you're probably right

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I remember when Level-5 had just released the seemingly well-regarded Time Travelers in Japan back in like 2012, and it's still not out in English (giving my blessings to the fan translators working on it :psysad:), they also took their sweet time to release Weapon Shop de Omasse and Professor Layton Miracle Mask, and I wasn't even aware that Yokai Watch 3 or the weird spin-off existed (let alone had localizations) until fairly recently.

Needless to say, Level-5's localization process was already kinda fucked, so this could mean Yokai Watch 4 ain't coming out, but it could also mean Yokai Watch 4 might just release randomly for no apparent reason.

I am sure about yokai watch gameplay but is it like pokemon? If it is,its definitely a fine choice. I have ps4 and I've never been thinking of playing a digimon game cuz that's the closest to pokemon ps4 has. Btw don't lose hope, maybe you would eventually get that gam to be released. I've been waiting for elden ring for like the day it got teased

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)