What were your favorite childhood shows?

Spongebob, Pokemon, Teen Titans, Ed Edd and Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Tom and Jerry, Avatar the Last Airbender...these are probably the main ones I remember watching a lot of. I also watched shows like Danny Phantom, Fairly Oddparents, Jimmy Neutron, and probably some others I can't really remember.

I pretty much only remember watching Pokemon and iCarly when it came out, then moved onto shows like Friends when I got a bit older.

Hmm, depending on my age, it would have been Dora the Explorer, iCarly, StarWarstheCloneWars (CG animated one), and young justice

Oh, my, do I have a list. Teenage mutant ninja turtles, the 1990s, 2000s and the 2011 ones. Pokémon obviously. Yugioh GX (the best of the yugioh series), then yugioh, 5ds, zexal. Chaotic was another card game one, geez. One of my earliest memories was watching viva piñata. A ton of power rangers, although they aren't cartoons. Ben 10, alien force, UA, omniverse. Speaking of man of action, generator rex. Thundercats too, but the 2011 version again. Nightmare fuel, courage the cowardly dog. All this doesn't even scratch the surface. There is so much more.

All the early morning anime that came on cartoon network at around 7:00am. Pokemon, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Naruto etc.

Also enjoyed Toonami / Adult swim shows that came on late night - Family Guy, American Dad etc.

Omg Clone Wars Hell Yeah!

i hate rebels

bring back clone wars! that will make cartoon network better

i also like the 2003 clone wars (it had shitty animation and was based off of the dark horse comic series) because it had DURGE.
DurgeFinal.jpg

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, iCarly, Victorious, Sam & Cat, Teen Titans, Spongebob, Pokemon, Full House, and The Loud House were all shows I used to commonly watch.

For me the show I came running home from school for was Pokemon, but that was because of the time a new episode aired back then. :')
My favourite show back then was Avatar - The Last Airbender. And rewatching it today, it's still great for our time. I mainly enjoy how episodes stand on their own but also contribute to a big and epic story. For the same reason, I like Gravity Falls a lot. Those two are great, and together with DuckTales, they make my top 3 favourite TV shows up to date.
Another series that made my day back than is Phineas and Ferb. It's not as ambitious as the ones I previously mentioned, but it was always loads of fun! I'm looking a bit into Milo Murphy right now, the writers still got it.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yeah i watched digimon for sure idr the other shows

i just remember my fridays and saturdays were LIT because i could watch shaman king

One of my favorite shows as a kid was Hey Arnold. There was a magic and a mystery to those episodes for me, and a lot of those episodes have stuck around with me in bits and pieces as an adult. It had a very unique, weird cast, setting, and stories but it was grounded in reality and had messages that reflect truths in the real world in a way that was really clever and grounded in the real world.

I recently got around to subscribing to Hulu and found all of the seasons on there and watched a few of the memorable episodes over again. As an adult, I noticed a lot of things about the episodes that I just couldnt notice as a kid. They're deeper than I could have dreamed, and they fit a fairly complex plot and world into a short 12 minute clip. Some of the magic was lost in going back and seeing the shows over again, but there was a deeper appreciation now in being able to fully understand and comprehend the episodes.

Call of Winter

Banned deucer.
I watched Power Rangers way over the age where I should have stopped to be honest. No idea what I liked so much about it but I did really enjoy it. I think I stopped watching around Mystic Force. Outside of that, Scooby Doo, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Pokémon (Shocker) and Raven were the main ones I think. Raven was such a good gameshow though.

The ones that come to mind right away besides Pokemon are:

Card Captors
Yu Gi Oh
CatDog
Angry Beavers
Yu Yu Hakusho
Naruto
Scooby Doo
Hey Arnold

The list really goes on, I loved TV as a kid.

Avatar:The Last Airbender, Teen Titans and BeyBlade. If I were to list off every show I watched as a child, It'll take a year and a half so I'd rather not.

RachelTheFictionkin

Banned deucer.
From my childhood, I used to watch Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Naruto, Pokemon, Digimon and a mess of other things that I cannot list from the top of my head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)