What's missing...? NO VIDEOS.

Hey all.
What I've noticed upon the attempt of me trying to start a thread somewhere about this is a section devoted to those who enjoy making movies/videos.
I tried stickin' it up in the Smeargle section, but to my dismay and misleading title of Smeargle Studio - the place where you can put ART (keep in mind that video is an art form) - my thread was deleted without even the kindness to find it a home :(
Now I'm on a mission to find it a home.
There are prolly alot of Smogon users who have a steady hand at directing, and I wanna call them out!
So c'mon Smogon, watcha waiting for?
LIGHTS!
CAMERA!
ACTION!

Hey all.
What I've noticed upon the attempt of me trying to start a thread somewhere about this is a section devoted to those who enjoy making movies/videos.
I tried stickin' it up in the Smeargle section, but to my dismay and misleading title of Smeargle Studio - the place where you can put ART (keep in mind that video is an art form) - my thread was deleted without even the kindness to find it a home :(
Now I'm on a mission to find it a home.
There are prolly alot of Smogon users who have a steady hand at directing, and I wanna call them out!
So c'mon Smogon, watcha waiting for?
LIGHTS!
CAMERA!
ACTION!
I think the best place for this would probably be somewhere in Congregation, probably Internet Renaissance. Did I spell that right lol?

Edit: Yes I did, woot. After checking out the rules, I would say that is the best place to go.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey all.
No, Smeargle's Studio is for paintings, graphics, sprites, and 3D modeling. The Internet Renaissance is for all other artforms (writing, music,...and video).

Also, your thread was deleted because it was borderline advertising.

No, Smeargle's Studio is for paintings, graphics, sprites, and 3D modeling. The Internet Renaissance is for all other artforms (writing, music,...and video).

Also, your thread was deleted because it was borderline advertising.
Hmmm... Well I suppose that makes sense.
But were are you supposed to show things you've made about videos then?
Or can I not show them at all? :S
That would suck...

Internet Renaissance apparently.

Though I think it would be better in Smeargle's. I'd suggest making Smeargle's for all forms of art made by forum members, while Internet Renaissance is for discussion of other people's work. But that is not the rule at present

As it is, still images are allowed in Smeargle's, but animation isn't, which seems a little arbitrary. (And if animation is allowed, then you get a continuum of mixtures of animation and live action, until you reach plain live-action video; again any boundary is arbitrary).

Internet Renaissance apparently.

Though I think it would be better in Smeargle's. I'd suggest making Smeargle's for all forms of art made by forum members, while Internet Renaissance is for discussion of other people's work. But that is not the rule at present

As it is, still images are allowed in Smeargle's, but animation isn't, which seems a little arbitrary. (And if animation is allowed, then you get a continuum of mixtures of animation and live action, until you reach plain live-action video; again any boundary is arbitrary).
Yea, I would think it'd make more sense for Smeargle to be every form of art made by people. Because as much as it was borderline advertisement, I just wanna share my work with people and see what they think; considering I want to go into film for university. However, technically speaking, doesn't the art people make and put on the Smeargle count as advertisement as well...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)