SM PU What's New Scooby Doo Cosplay

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello peoples! For my 500th post on Smogon (dear god I feel old) I decided to do my first RMT. This is just a balance fun team I've been working on for the past week or so. It doesn't have really any notable accomplishments as big as "topping ladder", but I one a couple roomtours with it so that's cool. Also it's Scooby Doo theme because Zoinks is top meme. So I hope you like the team!

Shuffle516.pngShuffle478.pngShuffle107.pngShuffle799.pngShuffle377.pngShuffle481.png
(Click on the sprites for the pokepaste!)​

Teambuilding:

I've been really trying to raise the hype train for Simipour lately, since I find it to be a very underrated mon, so naturally this was my first choice.

This option is pretty obvious, Spikes is always the go-to strategy when screwing with an offensive mon.

The first thing I looked for on this team was a Rapid Spinner, since I wanted a hazard remover that wouldn't remove my own Spikes. I originally had Alolan Sandslash in this slot, but later on realized I needed the priority and didn't need Stealth Rock in this slot so boom. Hitmonchan.

I've just been sticking Guzzlord on all my teams, and same applies here. But on top of that, Guzzlord supplies some resistances including Psychic, Ghost, Electric, Grass, Water, and has Knock Off to help remove Choice Scarfs and Eviolites and whatnot for Simipour.

Next up I naturally needed a Stealth Rock user. I was choosing between this and Mudsdale, both of which had their handy resists, but I found the Normal resist to be more important.

Finally, I needed a Choice Scarf mon and another Fighting check, since Froslass isn't the best at that, so Mesprit just seemed perfect to fit that role.

The Sets:

Zoinks (Simipour) @ Icium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot
This is my favorite Simipour set. It utilizes Simipours nice Speed alongside Nasty Plot to try and sweep late game or at least pick up a couple KOes as a wallbreaker. I decided to go Icium Z over Waterium Z since it allows Simipour to OHKO Lilligant unboosted and Assault Vest Guzzlord at +2. Otherwise it has Hydro Pump for STAB and Grass Knot to finish off the coverage by hitting Water-types like Lanturn and Gastrodon. The spread is pretty standard, hit hard and fast. He's Shaggy because he looks like a hippie that had a little too much flour in that cake batter.

Jeepers (Froslass) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spikes
Froslass is my Spikes setter, dedicated to wearing down the team for Simipour and its other teammates. It has support moves in Taunt and Will-O-Wisp to cripple mons in order to make getting up Spikes, gaining momentum, and giving Simipour setup opportunities more easy. It's also a decent switchin for Fighting-types and whatnot, and can be a decent revenge killer if I don't want Mesprit to have to lock into a single move. I decided to go Ice Beam over Hex because of this, as it allows Froslass to hit Pokemon like Lilligant and Guzzlord on the spot. The max HP allows Froslass to take hits better with the max Speed Timid lets it set up Spikes and fire off utility as quickly as it can. She's Daphne because female stereotypes.​

Fred's Motto (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 244 HP / 132 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin
Hitmonchan gives solid utility between its hazard removal in Rapid Spin and priority in Mach Punch. Drain Punch is there for STAB and recovery, and Thunder Punch is its coverage option, hitting stuff like Jellicent and Oricorio-Sensu. It's Fighting-type is also nice for offensively checking mons like Alolan Raticate and Aggron and defensively checking (more or less) mons like Aurorus and Guzzlord. As I said before, it's vital that its a Rapid Spinner rather than a Defogger since that let's it keep up Froslass's Spikes and Regirock's Stealth Rock. But mostly Froslass's Spikes. The HP is standard, so I'm pretty sure it does something. Otherwise the Speed allows Hitmonchan to creep Poliwrath while the rest is put into Attack. He's Fred because he's a big mans, now if only Fred had a motto...​
[Image: guzzlord.gif]

Scooby Dooby Dooo (Guzzlord) @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 Atk / 136 Def / 60 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam
- Dragon Claw
Guzzlord is my resist to so much stuff, whether it be Mesprit, Lilligant, Lanturn, ect. It's also by physical wallbreaker, since Choice Band hits hard as frik and I didn't have the need for another Assault Vest mon. Also Knock Off is so nice to have in order to support Simipour and the rest of the team. Outrage hits like a truck, Dragon Claw is the weaker but safer alternative to Outrage, and Heavy Slam bops incoming Silvally-Fairys and whatnot. The 136 Defense lets it live two Icicle Crashes from Specially Defensive Alolan Sandslash, the 60 Special Defense lets it live a +1 Z-Hyper Beam from Lilligant, the 64 Speed lets it creep Guzzlords trying to creep base 50s (yes I'm doing this), and the rest is put into Attack. This is Scooby Doo because Scoobs is a beast at the dinner table.

Scrappy Doo (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 68 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
Regirock is my Stealth Rock user. Similar to Guzzlord, its my switchin for a bunch of stuff like Skuntank, Stoutland, and Scyther, ect. Regirock also carries Toxic, which is something I personally find vital on most teams for crippling random stuff. I decided to go with the safer option in Rock Slide for its STAB move, and went with Drain Punch over Earthquake because I found that I needed to hit those Normal-types harder as well as Guzzlord if need-be. This is what is now the normal spread, bar the 8 Speed for creeping, so it must reach some calc. This rock thingy plays Scrappy Doo because it was either that or some random monster. There's also that one movie where he turns into a giant movie, so there's that.​

Jinkies (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
For the final team member there's Mesprit. Mesprit is my source of Speed control (more or less) and Fighting rests. It also has U-turn and Healing Wish for support moves, both of which can gain momentum for Simipour to come in. Then there's Psychic for STAB and Dazzling Gleam for those damned Guzzlords. The spread is again pretty common, hit as hard and fast as it can, and I went with Modest since I needed the power more than outspeeding the potential Timid Omastar. This is Velma because psychic=smart. Also female stereotypes.​

Threats:

Physical wallbreakers with a way to bypass Regirock can be a pain to deal with, especially with support like Froslass's Spikes. The biggest out of these is Aggron, who can find many opportunities to come in so I am often forces to just revenge kill. I almost ran Mudsdale just for it, but as I stated before I found Regirock to be that generally better option. Otherwise there aren't any wallbreakers I can think of that can't be switched into with the right predictions or just plain outspeed.

I don't have the bulkiest or most reliable of Fighting checks between Froslass and Choice Scarf Mesprit, so Primape and Gurdurr can often just come in and do work. Similar can be said about other Fighting-types like Hitmonchan but less so. That being said, the Fighting checks I do have are still decent, and Spikes makes it harder for Primeape to just spam U-turn.

My best Dragon resist is Hitmonchan. Enough said. But in all seriousness, if these mons can come in they reek havoc, especially if they win the Speed creping wars with my own Guzzlord. But otherwise they are pretty slow and not to hard to revenge kill.

I don't have a Choice Scarf Aurorus so yeah my team sucks against Rain. My best bet is to try to outlast the Rain, taking advantage of Guzzlord's bulk and whatnot. Honestly it might just be me in general that sucks against Rain teams...

Shoutouts that make people feel good or like utter crap if they aren't on the list:
A Quag To The Past Aeonic ffsMxhon Clouds (yes you still count) Kie Raidx @all you frikin people I don't know the Smogon account of

So I hope you enjoyed our adventure with the Scooby Doo gang! On one final note:
PUT YOUR HANDS UP BITCH I'M A MOTHERFUCKIN COP

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello UberSkitty,

Thank you for the shoutout and I have to say this team seems to cover threats rather well. I do not see a reason to change much as it will just open up as many holes as it patches up. While the wallbreaking Dragon-types do a number on your team you do have a lot of options to RK on your team and they do not immediately pressure any of your Pokemon beside Regirock, which is the only real beneficial set change I can think of for your team. Very well done here friend.

Scooby Dooby Dooo (Guzzlord) @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam
- Dragon Claw

While this spread is less bulky it does patch up a big weakness to Calm Mind Drampa, which seems to be able to 5-0 as your best option before this is Hitmonchan which is already pressured and Healing Wish into Mesprit, which I think can be harmful in your case as it looks like the team is set up well to win with Choice Scarf Mesprit. Mesprit is also your best check to Fighting-types. This set change is optional as with the loss of bulk it opens up Lilligant a bit more as well as Oricorio-Pom-Pom.

Puppy Power (Regirock) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Counter
- Stealth Rock

My Regirock set really fits well on this team. The Chople Berry helps with Dodrio and Stoutland. More Importantly, this set OHKOs Oricorio which seems like a big threat to your team. Being offensive is great for offensive teams just like this as it makes stuff like Eelektross and Lanturn like to stay in so they can go for Volt Switch. This means they take massive damage which is great for both Simipour and Mesprit. I prefer Counter on this Regirock but Toxic is still completely fine here.

Team Changes

tondas

Life of the party
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
sup skitty,

I wanted to give this team a quick rate because I really like froslass + hitmonchan spikes for how well they cover for each other while providing a team with a large amount of utility and role compression. Being able to keep spikes up if someone wants to remove entry hazards from their side is also just a great addition for any spikes team. That said, there's only a couple changes I'd make for this team:

Major change

<—

Skuntank @ Choice Band
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

or

Skuntank @ Assault Vest
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 144 Atk / 112 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
(spread allows skuntank to live life orb ludicolo's pump after rocks and just generally lets it eat moves like +2 AoP from Alolan Raichu)

Using Skunkank over Guzzlord has a few benefits in which I think would improve your team significantly: the ability to Pursuit trap and absorb Toxic Spikes offers great support for this team considering how 5/6 members are grounded and currently your team requires Hitmonchan to remove Toxic Spikes. Not only is most of your team crippled greatly by them, but Hitmonchan can become very easy to telegraph due to how quickly Tspikes can pressure your team if it can't immediately find a way to switch in and remove them. This is also where Pursuit comes in handy; while most spinblockers and psychic-types are threatened by Guzzlord, they're usually able to switch out without being forced to take direct damage, while Skuntank is able to remove them from play entirely. This is especially notable with offensive Mesprit which is a big threat to this team, being able to threaten most of your team with any given set. Skuntank can take an unboosted Dazzling Gleam relatively easily and can even stomach hits from sets like Choice Specs and is given the chance to trap it with Pursuit or pick it off with Sucker Punch. Guzzlord on the other hand gets screwed over in this situation and lacks the ability to Pursuit trap other sets. Giving Hitmonchan the ability to use Rapid Spin more freely is great since most members of the team only have couple turns at a time to function, so constantly switching into entry hazards can really take a toll on this team otherwise.

Choice Band follows through with Guzzlord's set as a wallbreaker but Assault Vest is also an option to allow Skuntank to sponge hits from threats to this team like Ludicolo, Choice Specs Mesprit, and Alolan Raichu. In general, the lack of Knock Off sucks but I think being able to keep the pressure up with entry hazards + breakers and scarf mes should more than make up for this. Sucker Punch + Aftermath is also appreciated on a spikes team considering how it can also be used to eliminate other team threats like Primeape and Stoutland after they've been weakened.

Set change

This is pretty minor but Waterium Z over Icium Z on Simipour simply brings more to the table. Being able to OHKO Lilligant up-front is no longer a concern and Assault Vest Guzzlord is just.... really easy to chip, especially when working with Spikes. The benefits of whistling past neutral targets like Articuno and Assault Vest Eelektross/Hitmonchan just makes it a more practical option overall, given how Icium Z's uses are now fairly limited outside of uncommon options like Bellossom and Assault Vest Guzzlord.

That's all I got, hopefully you like the changes I made and I'm excited to see what you make in the future.

e: some additional notes — I've given my edited version a few test games versus ladder and against some fellow pu lads who happened to be on voice chat. Even with a passive Pokemon like Regirock, this version of the team should be played very aggressively to optimise chip damage with entry hazards and apply pressure with things like Mesprit's coverage and Skuntank, especially Choice Band. While Pokemon like Choice Specs Jellicent become very difficult to manage on paper, so long as you get entry hazards up early or preserve Skuntank or chip it with moves like Hitmonchan's Thunder Punch or Simipour's Grass Knot, it becomes much less of an issue. Sometimes you may have to lead Scarf Mesprit as a catch-all for various team weaknesses that may try to play aggressively early on like Alolan Raichu or Gurdurr. If you have any questions then feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)