Project What're Their Lasts? [Week 12 - Submissions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Congratulations to A Cake Wearing A Hat for winning with their SD Cobalion submission! As pointed out, this helps to deal with the Mamoswine issues the team faces, gives a semi pivot into Haxorus, and as Lilburr mentioned gives a pivot into Gigalith, although it gets lured quite well by Hypnosis Ninetales, SD Incin, and U-turn Noivern.

The original Pokemon was actually Golisopod on this team, which could provide Spikes support to help SD Incineroar break, and offer a Mamoswine check and extra speed control through priority to threaten Haxorus.

Cake - 4
Eve - 2

This week's team comes from Twilight:

Week 4

:ss/rotom-wash: :ss/flygon: :ss/incineroar: :ss/cobalion: :ss/gardevoir:

"This is a fairly standard VoltTurn Bulky Offense that makes use of Rotom-Wash's effectiveness as a Defogger that can threaten common Rockers like Rhyperior and Gigalith, while providing a fantastic Mamoswine check, and a great pivot that can lure in Pokemon like Noivern for Gardevoir to get free opportunities against. Incineroar pairs well with Washtom and creates a great defensive core, bringing Rotom in on Rhyperior/Gigalith, and Rotom bringing it in on Roserade and Celebi, while helping to check Pokemon like Escavalier and Doublade for Gardevoir. Cobalion offers a Stealth Rock user, offensive Roserade and Gardevoir check, a secondary Mamoswine check, and a wallbreaker that appreciats Incin checking Doublade for it. Flygon offers useful speed control, a ground immunity, Haxorus and Noivern check, and extra pivot support. What's my Last?"

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Pain Split

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 84 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Toxic

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Mystical Fire

Nominations are due by Thursday! Sylveon, Rotom-Wash, Torkoal, and Darmanitan will now be allowed!

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
reserving noivern
1586306192394.png

While there is somewhat of a prevention from haxorus clicking its STAB, nothing on this team prevents CB haxorus from clicking Earthquake and Close Combat multiple times. The team also could use something to beat down Cobalion as well, because this team is heavily damaged by it at +2, relying on a speed tie from its own Cobalion, and even then it likely won't kill at full. Golisopod also can prove annoying for this team.

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane
- Roost

Noivern beats Cobalion and Golisopod quite hard and can go a 3 attacks set with Rotom-W doing the main job of removing hazards for it.
It's also a Flying type, which means it's naturally immune to Haxorus's Earthquake, while the other two ground immunities get smacked hard.
It also offers a fastmon outside of Cobalion and Flygon.

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving np celebi

:ss/celebi:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Protect
ok so first problem that i noticed with this team its how weak it is to coba and goli but beisde slapping a noivern or a mantine its hard to fix so i said fuck that and i went to the second problem of the team : it struggles against water mons. Defensive milotic or vaporeon or even gastro just sit on the team and click toxic and heal themselve, since the only thing that can hit them x2 is defensive washtom. You also have issues with offensive water mons such as the new UU threat : offensive washtom. The water resist being defensive washtom, the opposite washtom can just spam its electric STAB to break it. Celebi helps with these problem since it will be able to break bulky waters and to keep rotom wash in check. I also went for protect on this set and not coverage just so you can lure golisopod who will think that it will come safely to RK u after a nasty plot.
Having a fire grass water core is also satisfying as fuck.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
1586712565639.png

Toxtricity-Low-Key @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave

I noticed the team could use a Fairy resistance. Toxtricity can set up more easily with Parting Shot Incineroar. It doesn't need a Choice item since the team already has two Choice users. Finally, Sludge Wave can be used over Protect because the team is a bit fairy weak.

Attachments

I vote Toxtricity for the following reasons:

1. The current team has no Fairy resists and can easily be crippled by Sirfetch’d. Toxtricity takes both of them. However, Tox must be wary of opposing Gardevoir.
2. After one Shift Gear, it can outspeed both Gardevoir variants, as well as most tier threats.
3. What makes Tox stand out from the rest of the submissions is the fact that the other submissions don’t seem to fit on the team. Celebi can’t break through Fairies such as Gardevoir, and it can only break through Fairies. Same thing goes with Noivern.

Reactions: Eve

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Apologies for the slight delay on the start of this round. pokeisfun wins this round with his Toxtricity submission, which is a great choice to help improve the teams matchup versus Sylveon while providing a Pokemon that can pressure bulky waters, and a nice late game win condition. The original Pokemon was Doublade on this team, which helped give a switch-in to Cobalion, a Psychic and Fairy resist, and a late game win condition that appreciated Gardevoir's wallbreaking.

This week's team comes from DraconicLepus.

Week 5

:ss/centiskorch: :ss/doublade: :ss/mantine: :ss/flygon: :ss/gigalith:

"So the core I wanted to build here is Centiskorch paired with Doublade. The two complimented each other incredibly well in the fact that one can break for the other as their checks are similar. It's a four attacks Centiskorch to allow for the most coverage, and knock off just being great utility in general. Doublade is your standard Swords Dance set to allow for cleaning up teams with shadow sneak. Mantine gave me a water and ground immunity along with utility in defog, it also checks Golisopod/Araquanid which is nice. Scarf Flygon is for some speed control along with ability to pivot around into my other pokemon. Standard Gigalith for rocks and a good check to fire types in the tier. What's My Last?"​

Centiskorch @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Lash
- Leech Life
- Knock Off
- Power Whip

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Please submit by Monday!

Last edited:

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
I'll bite since there's only one submission so far.

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Knock Off / Leech Seed
- U-turn

Whimsi offensively checks fightings that aren't coba and checks setup from dd hax/setup necrozma. It also forms a nice little u-turn core w/ flygon to help get the breakers in and can check water types as a backup for mantine. Wish sylv is probably a little more consistent on this kind of balance team but whimsi offers some much needed wallbreaking, momentum, and setup checking support.

1587416419061.png

Sirfetch'd @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- First Impression
- Brave Bird

As of the current team said above, it is currently weak to Cobalion. Sirfecth’d‘s high Physical Attack stat allows it to check Cobalion. It is also a great revenge killer, since First Impression is a +2 priority, making it earlier than other priority attack moves. This allows Sirfetch’d to check Necrozma.

Reactions: Eve
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)