Whats your Valentines day going to be like?

me and my gal are going to to go to guvernment to dance our asses off until the wee hours on the morning! not very "romantic" but we both love to dance more than anything else so why not just do that

andrea

/me cresselias
I'm glad someone put up a thread to discuss this =)

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing for V-day. I do need some ideas for 'gifts' for the bf, if any of you have some sweet ideas... I am planning on finishing up a blanket for him and spraying it with my perfume so it reminds him of me even when we aren't together, but I'm not sure if I should do anything else. (Guys, this is an excellent idea to do for your girlfriends if you need an idea!!! It's cute.)

I asked him what we're doing that day and he said he couldn't tell me because it was such a sweet awesome surprise =P

I'm not doing anything since I've been single ever since I broke it off with the last guy I was dating. But it's okay, I'm perfectly happy having a normal Sunday on that day.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Feb 13= Valentines day? I keep forgetting.
Personally, I think Valentines day is a way for the corporations to suck even more money out of us, but whatever. Better for the economy that way.

And I won't be doing anything on that day. Probably will be doing the most unromantic thing ever (doing homework, and going out with some guys).

I'm single this year, so I won't be doing anything. But I don't mope about it or anything like that. I love Valentines day! I try and do something special for my parents like make them dinner reservations at a nice restaurant and get my mom the whole flowers + chocolate thing. (which my dad does too but like she'll say no to more chocolate) And I always send cards to my friends who are always down about being single just to make them feel a little better.

So, um yeah I love Valentines day. The only thing that's bad about it are the cheesy commercials that come with it, especially jewelry ones.

"I don't remember this" "You will" *barfs*

I'm single this year, so I won't be doing anything. But I don't mope about it or anything like that. I love Valentines day! I try and do something special for my parents like make them dinner reservations at a nice restaurant and get my mom the whole flowers + chocolate thing. (which my dad does too but like she'll say no to more chocolate) And I always send cards to my friends who are always down about being single just to make them feel a little better.

So, um yeah I love Valentines day. The only thing that's bad about it are the cheesy commercials that come with it, especially jewelry ones.

"I don't remember this" "You will" *barfs*
Doing that for your parents is a really cool idea for keeping the positive light on the day.

Well, my uncle has cancer and his benefit is sunday afternoon. I get off work at 12, and then that until later.. I'll try to do something with my girlfriend at least go out to eat or something.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I am getting my gf some nice gloves and a scarf, because we're in single digits and she has NEITHER. Also, I imagine we'll have crazy monkey sex, because, well, obviously.

I'm sorry to hear that a lot of people aren't going to be having a happy valentines day, for everyone else though I hope everything goes well! Godudette, your idea for the blanket is incredible. I might give that a shot myself one day.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
me and my gal are going to to go to guvernment to dance our asses off until the wee hours on the morning! not very "romantic" but we both love to dance more than anything else so why not just do that
Heh the guv is definitely the place to do it then! Clubbing isn't a bad idea for single dudes like me either...

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Her birthday was two weeks before Valentines Day and it would be difficult to top the perfect birthday present I pulled out, so I'm not trying to do that.

We live four hours apart because I'm in grad school and she's still where we both went to college; the fact that I am making the four hour drive at all is honestly enough for her. The fact that I do it every other week like clockwork anyway pushes it over the edge so I kind of have to do *something*.

I'm not sure what, though. The problem really is that Valentine's Day is Sunday, which is the day I have to drive the four hours back north so I leave before noon. I guess I just have to do my best to make Friday and Saturday the best they possibly can be.

There isn't much I can do, I just try to be the best man I can. And while I know I try to do that anyway, I just try to push out that little extra.

andrea

/me cresselias
Godudette, your idea for the blanket is incredible. I might give that a shot myself one day.
You can definitely melt some hearts with it =) If you look up how to make a fleece tie blanket, it will only take you like an hour or so and costs about $15 to make.

@Surgo- its so awesome to see how devoted you are. That's so sweet =)

I'll be acting awkward around my 2 housemates who will both have their gfs over. Then I will probably hide in my room and cry

Although I do like Thund91's idea of giving cards and stuff to the lonely people in my life, I might try that, it seems like a really nice thought and I know people that would really appreciate it.

I'll be acting awkward around my 2 housemates who will both have their gfs over. Then I will probably hide in my room and cry

Although I do like Thund91's idea of giving cards and stuff to the lonely people in my life, I might try that, it seems like a really nice thought and I know people that would really appreciate it.
Don't do the first thing. Hanging around couples on Valentine's day when you're unahppily single is a stupid thing to do. Go out with other single friends, go do something entertaining, see a sporting game, play casual sport somewhere, or go for drinks and steak at a pub or something. Seeing a movie probably isn't the best idea, but something entertaining to celebrate singleness.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to a party to celebrate being single or something, though I'm somewhat not single.

A Tony Bennett album and a bottle of fine wine. Doesn't get much better than that.

In all seriousness, nothing really. Can't get a girlfriend for the life of me.

My girlfriend's gonna come over and show me her new lingerie, then I'll fuck her like a beast.
After that I don't really give a damn how my day goes.

I don't like the holiday, but if it works for you then awesome :3

Surgo, you are so sweet, heh! Your girlfriend is very lucky.

(To be honest, I'm pretty spacey about the date on any given day, so I'll probably just be like 'Huh? It's V. Day? Oh...')

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Since I'm in a long distance relationship (for 4 years), I'll be doing my usual. We mail each other gifts and spend Valentine's Day on the webcam =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)