White Kyurem & Black Kyurem

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are SOOO bulky and have Roost so they can probably afford to spend a turn to unleash their charge moves esp. against defensive Pokemon that can't do too much in return. They'll probably force switches like crazy too, giving them a chance to use Freeze Shock. Maybe not, but given how spare their movepools are (esp. Black Kyurem) Freeze Shock could well fit on some sets as filler. I probably wouldn't dismiss them without some testing but that's just me lol. I need to be convinced by actual evidence.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Uh

Where are you all seeing Aqua Tail? It's not listed.

Anyway, what can survive a Power Herb + Freeze Shock?

When you finally capture Kyurem, it's not actually in it's Black/White forms. It's actually in its normal form at Level 70. Once captured, it leaves behind the DNA Link item which can be used to merge the two Pokémon. The IVs and EVs are that of the Kyurem, ignoring the stats of the Reshiram/Zekrom, but its moveset changes entirely based on its new form. As such, you can't bring moves across the different forms and you'll need to reteach the moves if you change the form
So the new kyurems can't nab the opposite fusion move, and kyurem can't get either of them I think

Kyurem won't need it now that is has Earth Power. Fusion Flare would have been nice for Ferrothorn, but EP lets it hit SpD Jirachi regardless of whether which is nice.

Draco Meteor / Ice Beam / Earth Power / Roost @Life Orb for normal Kyurem.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Roost has really made Kyurem a lot more viable in OU now. While he had great bulk, his Ice typing kind of spoiled it, but now, with Roost, he can make full use of that bulk now. Something like this really tickles my fancy:

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 236 SpA / 216 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast / Earth Power

With Sub, Pressure and Roost, Kyurem can easily stall out dangerous attacks while staying healthy. You can easily stall out Gyro Ball from Ferrothorn, then Roost off the damage. Ice/Fighting or Ice/Ground is quite good, although I'd still use Focus Blast to hit Tyranitar and Ferrothorn harder.

Oh dear... Kyurem White with a Choice Scarf equipped will revolutionise the ubers metagame. Both Kyu's will enhance the usage of hail and they can always fall back on their 120 base in the other attack stat to go mixed. Seriously, who CAN stop this guys?

170 base sp.atk? Holy s*** I think that hail teams are going to be more popular in ubers.
A Blizzard coming from 170 base sp atk is nothing to laught at. Kyurem's blizzard in hail was sick, now it's worse

I wouldn't be surprised if they get their own tier, really. At the very least they'll be on 40% of Uber teams. Choice band Scizor and Breloom should skyrocket too.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get their own tier, really. At the very least they'll be on 40% of Uber teams. Choice band Scizor and Breloom should skyrocket too.
No. Why use scizor or (lololololol) Breloom when palkia is the second most used poke in the metagame? It revenges both of them just fine.

You can't be broken in the ubers tier. You can be counterless, but not broken.

So what you're telling me is that we now have two Pokemon only slightly weaker than Deoxys-A (although far slower), and now they can take hits? CB Haxorus is strong enough in OU already, because outside of a few Steel-types NOTHING handles Outrage all that well. That should give some indication of how a couple of significantly stronger Pokemon with more bulk to their name should fare. Only weaknesses are Stealth Rock, Bullet Punch, and faster Dragons. But who's to say they can't just switch out?

White Kyurem can't roam OU. Its Draco Meteor is going to trash things: Timid with 252 Sp. Atk hits 439. Positive 150s with 252 Sp. Atk hit 438. Add Turboblaze, and Draco Meteor/Fusion Flare gets unresisted coverage in general. A moveset of DM/FF/Ice Beam/DP gives a ridiculous Specs set. Replace DP with Roost and you've got LO + 3 Attack that has unresisted coverage plus a great Ice STAB that nabs tons of SE coverage.

If you wanted to, you could even run Earth Power to wreck Heatran. Way too good because of sky-high stats with a great ability and only two attacks as is. Throw in its second STAB and another Dragon move, recovery, or "coverage", and you've got what could be one of the most broken things to ever try OU.

95 base Speed isn't too slow: Scarf solves a lot of its problems (not all). 125/90/100 is very good bulk, considering Deoxys-A's abysmal 50/20/20. Hits just as hard (STAB DM hits harder, actually). I can't see how White Kyurem can be justified for even being tested in OU.

Comparing Kyurem-B/W to Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom is pretty revealing. On one hand, Kyurem wasn't successful because of its poor movepool, lack of strong coverage moves, typing, and inability to boost. Kyurem also has redundant offensive coverage. Reshiram and Zekrom still have much better STAB coverage and signature moves than their Kyurem-fused counterparts, as well as secondary typings that are (arguably) not as defensively weak. Kyurem-B/W has some scary-ass stats but it really suffers from not inheriting anything truly useful from Reshiram/Zekrom's movepools. It also keeps that Dragon-Ice typing and has no way of boosting its stats so really the offensive power you're looking at isn't that much worse than Garchomp/Salamence/Haxorus with a Life Orb or Expert Belt.

Stats alone won't push these guys to ubers, I think what's going to do it is the Ice-Electric/Fire-Dragon coverage respectively, and the power of their STAB dragon moves. But once they get to Ubers I think they'll find themselves suffering in much the same way Kyurem did; Poorer secondary typing and signature moves compared to Reshiram/Zekrom/Palkia, far less versatile and bulky than Dialga, no priority like Rayquaza, and devoid of any way to boost its stats, which all the other uber dragons have (even Reshiram at least has Flame Charge).

Lets be real here. Kyogre/groudon are on 40% of Uber teams and they don't get there out tier. And every one knows that water spout+ kyogre wrecks almost every pokemon.
Not to mention they are still slow when compared to other Ubers, the tier where speed boost runs ramped.

Hi please stop discussing Ubers performance in this thread. There is an appropriate thread in the Ubers section.

Speaking of which, why is this thread still around? Aesoft banned them on Pokemon Showdown, and I don't see a big move by the playerbase to change that.

Lets not forget the Kyurem gets Earth Power too, so it will do good against Heatran/Tentacruel, we'll see how this turns out however. This isn't really on topic but I wish Zapdos got Hurricane like Articuno and Moltres did :/

Why does Rayquaza_ say that Deoxys-A has safe switchins? The standard life orb attacker 2hKOs every pokemon in the game barring Cresselia(i.e if it doesnt have shadow ball which is a guaranteed 2hko). BTW Pokemon Online now has Black and White 2. Have the tiers been decided? Kyurem will be interesting - it got roost and earth power. White Kyurem appears to be the better forme. I run a set of 56hp/36 Satk/ 200 Spdef/216 spe with a jolly nature and life orb or leftovers. It has the special bulk of dialga and the speed of Rayquaza.

If it goes into OU i'll eat my own foot. It would be suicide to put it there. They'll probably be top end Ubers imo.
Seriously ? 10 % stronger than its base form and bulkier at cost of 5 speed and negligible Dragon move boost and.... WAY WEAKER Fire Elec move is Top end ? And then theres the horrible typing..... especialy when said base form is electric and fire which resists Steel(lol scizor)

I think its an interesting mon, with t Wave support you can go gung ho with it. Use Jirachi for Para support and, IMO Latios will be THE mvp of this meta...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)