who would win in a fight- 1 billion lions or 1 of every pokemon (roughly 900)?

lions or pokemon?

• 1 billion lions

Votes: 43 17.4%
  • 1 of every pokemon

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • neither of them are real...

Votes: 26 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Water spout, surf, eruption and many other moves hit all targets.

Lions got exposed by a magnet.

Cinderace won a world cup in honor of Maradona.

VAMOS Pokémon.

Theres literally a lion that can resurrect from the dead.
Keep killing him with moves he keeps coming back.
Ez win for Teamlions, pokemons will eventually run out of PP.

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
all the male lions will be sleeping so realistically it's only half a billion. still a lot, but leppa berry strats & especially ditto invalidate the pp argument, plus (depending on how we define "switching out" in this context) regenerator mons can live forever - toxic spikes toxapex can easily stall out every lion for 6 (i think) turns.

People seem to not know the concept of numbers. 1 billion lions against about 200 - 300 viable pokemon. Put aside 1 mil for the non legends and we'll still have 999 million lions for the maybe 1 dozen legendaries. The legends would be exhausted and eventually just overwhelmed after dealing with a few million lions.
Tldr: ez win for the lions

Screenshot_2020-12-01-06-50-42.png
A metal’s yield strength and ultimate tensile strength values are expressed in tons per square inch, pounds per square inch or thousand pounds (KSI) per square inch. For example, a tensile strength of a steel that can withstand 40,000 pounds of force per square inch may be expressed as 40,000 PSI or 40 KSI (with K being the denominator for thousands of pounds). The tensile strength of steel may also be shown in MPa, or megapascal.

Once those steel types come out, it's pretty much GG.

View attachment 295779A metal’s yield strength and ultimate tensile strength values are expressed in tons per square inch, pounds per square inch or thousand pounds (KSI) per square inch. For example, a tensile strength of a steel that can withstand 40,000 pounds of force per square inch may be expressed as 40,000 PSI or 40 KSI (with K being the denominator for thousands of pounds). The tensile strength of steel may also be shown in MPa, or megapascal.

Once those steel types come out, it's pretty much GG.
Theres a billion of them, you think theyd need to bite a steel type pokemon? A couple thousand would just need to dogpile on top of a steel mon and it's over.

Pokémon win:
1, Lions can't bring all that power to bear on the Pokémon all at once or else they'd die of suffocation long before they started. Given horde battles, let's say max firepower of 6. Except the Pokémon can strategize (thank you Psychic Types!), so they'll form a line of defense. So make it max 3, per Triple Battles. And some Pokémon on the front line will be ignored to do that.
2, Given real-world lion strength compared to what we've seen level 5 Pokémon do, both in games and in the anime, Pokémon have a lot of levels on the lions. Lions go down in one hit to all but the weakest mons, like the basic bugs. Lions do only scratch damage to the mons.
3, when the lions group up, the Pokémon have lots of AOE to help.
4, lions won't bite anything with "damage on physical contact" abilities more than once. Animals don't like pain, you know? Seeing how it turns out for their buddies, the other lions won't bite at all
5, since the lions can only do scratch damage - tell you what, I'll assume 3 of them can total 30% per turn to the more powerful non-legends - I plugged in level 40 pyroar bite vs level 50 unbuffed RU curselax, and they do a bit less. More like 35% against the Pory2 build I mention below.

So, a line of Pokémon (or more likely a ring) all highly suited to defense. Healers and a reserve line behind them. By raw attrition, the Pokémon will win.
Recycle + Recover + Leppa Berry Porygon2. takes maybe 35% per turn if it's unlucky. Attack, Heal, Heal; replace attack with Recycle when Leppa is used. Lasts forever. Again, assuming it's level 50. Higher levels let it spend a lot more on just killing things.
Harvest is Hidden only, so let's ignore that one.
Stockpile + Swallow + Recycle Garbodor
Rest + Recycle + Sleep Talk + aoe Snorlax. It can last forever as part of a defensive line. Just pull it back if it loses enough hp too quickly to randomly roll a Recycle. Assuming it's only level 50, of course.
Grassy Terrain support for the tanky front lines. Won't help the lions; they die in one hit to the more powerful attacks
Groudon + Kyogre collateral damage threatens entire regions.
Did we miss the bit about Arceus, just WARMING UP and at reduced power (missing multiple elemental abilities) could casually lay waste to a region, while being resisted by all three of their mightier children?
Giratina: Distortion World says hi. Smash a few pillars, and the lions are in the middle of a regional catastrophe.
Palkia: Grab the lions in a pocket dimension, smite as byproduct of a sparring match with Dialga. Repeat as needed, and retreat to home existences as needed to recover.
A lot of the lions will fall asleep before they even get to the fight. Darkrai says hi.
Rayquaza lives in the upper atmosphere. Go down, blast them with attacks from above, then retreat. Repeat until victorious.
Finally, lions know better than to go after giraffes. Giraffarig says hi.

Ultimately, Pokémon are primal forces of nature. Lions aren't. Some forces can be defied, like putting a roof against the rain and the cold, or walls against the wind and cold, or stuff like that. Many can't be defied, and the lions don't know how to even try.

People seem to not know the concept of numbers. 1 billion lions against about 200 - 300 viable pokemon. Put aside 1 mil for the non legends and we'll still have 999 million lions for the maybe 1 dozen legendaries. The legends would be exhausted and eventually just overwhelmed after dealing with a few million lions.
Tldr: ez win for the lions
you’re ignoring the sheer amount of pokémon that can literally just take a nap and be completely fine from any injury the lions would attempt to inflict. When your hide is stated to be able to be unscratched by direct cannon fire, it makes me laugh watching lion stans trying to justify lions dealing with these pokémon using tooth and nail

sugar ovens

blood inside
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Why does everyone assume that all the Pokémon are fully trained, level 100, with perfect movesets tailored for mass murder? Trainers are not in the consideration. It's "billion lions vs all pokémon", not "billion lions vs well-prepared Trainers and their Pokémon". No Leppa Berry shenanigans.

"PP" means "you can't spam Flamethrower for hours and hours endlessly, the mon will get exhausted and overwhelmed". The battle will last for a very long time and will be way more exhausting for the Pokémon who will have to defend all the time, while most of the lions will just wait and do nothing.

Using most moves (like Flamethrower for example), the Pokémon makes itself vulnerable to the hundreds of lions attacking it. Lion is not a weak, vulnerable animal either, defensively they should be easily compared to most Pokémon. They can withstand a few attacks and they absolutely can hurt the Pokémon with their own attacks. A Loudred won't just easily kill a thousand of lions just because it learns Hyper Voice, it will hurt - not kill - like.. thirty.. fifty.. lions that are standing in front of it before the others get behind it and tear it apart. Regular multi-target attacks won't hit every lion. They will hit a ton of them sure, but again, "hit" does not mean "kill", they can backfire and hit other Pokémon, you have to hear the Perish Song for it to kill you, etc.

Standard biting attacks are Dark-type, thus lions can hit Ghost-types. Pokémon also are not unable to damage the Steel-types with claws and teeth.

No Flying-type Pokémon can fly endlessly and i doubt your usual Pidgey or Staravia are powerful enough to eliminate *that* many lions before they get tired, land and get torn apart by the lions.

The question eventually becomes - "who would win in a fight - 990 millions of lions or the few legendaries with actual powers?" Ignoring the Pokédex fairy-tales which clash with everything shown in the anime, games, everything - lions will win.

Speaking of Pokédex, just please try to imagine either Pokémon in real world or lions in the Pokémon world, with mechanics of the respective world applied to everyone. An even field, you know.

Why does everyone assume that all the Pokémon are fully trained, level 100, with perfect movesets tailored for mass murder? Trainers are not in the consideration. It's "billion lions vs all pokémon", not "billion lions vs well-prepared Trainers and their Pokémon". No Leppa Berry shenanigans.
1, I was assuming level 50. And given real-world abilities, I was being GENEROUS modeling lions as level 40 Pyroar without special attacks
2, quite a few Pokemon require trainers to evolve. They are included. Therefore, they have some training. I didn't assume trainers would intervene; Psychic types are fine for the strategy components
"PP" means "you can't spam Flamethrower for hours and hours endlessly, the mon will get exhausted and overwhelmed". The battle will last for a very long time and will be way more exhausting for the Pokémon who will have to defend all the time, while most of the lions will just wait and do nothing.
Due to size constraints, lions only field a part of their power at a time. Pokemon retreat and recover while another pokemon covers the front line.
Using most moves (like Flamethrower for example), the Pokémon makes itself vulnerable to the hundreds of lions attacking it. Lion is not a weak, vulnerable animal either, defensively they should be easily compared to most Pokémon. They can withstand a few attacks and they absolutely can hurt the Pokémon with their own attacks. A Loudred won't just easily kill a thousand of lions just because it learns Hyper Voice, it will hurt - not kill - like.. thirty.. fifty.. lions that are standing in front of it before the others get behind it and tear it apart. Regular multi-target attacks won't hit every lion. They will hit a ton of them sure, but again, "hit" does not mean "kill", they can backfire and hit other Pokémon, you have to hear the Perish Song for it to kill you, etc.
I checked the damage calculator. Being GENEROUS, they still can't survive. I plugged in a generous level 40 lion (pyroar) against a few (STINGY to pokemon) seasoned-but-not-even-close-to-max-level Pokemon. It falls in ONE HIT.
Standard biting attacks are Dark-type, thus lions can hit Ghost-types. Pokémon also are not unable to damage the Steel-types with claws and teeth.
double typeless - both lion type and attack. I'd argue they should be normal types, but with Bite/Crunch, that doesn't really matter, especially since all they do is scratch damage (a few % of hp to the best, who can fall back and recover)
No Flying-type Pokémon can fly endlessly and i doubt your usual Pidgey or Staravia are powerful enough to eliminate *that* many lions before they get tired, land and get torn apart by the lions.
Rayquaza says hi. Also Drifblim and Drifloon. Bats like Woobat/Swoobat can also sleep on ceilings that the lions can't get to. And Sigilyph is an automaton that goes for thousands of years.
The question eventually becomes - "who would win in a fight - 990 millions of lions or the few legendaries with actual powers?" Ignoring the Pokédex fairy-tales which clash with everything shown in the anime, games, everything - lions will win.
There's more than enough in OU who're powerful enough to put a dent in them. A very large dent, with others supporting them. And besides, the demonstrated powers of some of the legendaries is more than enough. Ho-oh says hi with resurrection... multiple legendaries don't even need to be on the field to fight... many more legendaries are, when not restrained by a pokeball, OUTRIGHT APOCALYPTIC.
Speaking of Pokédex, just please try to imagine either Pokémon in real world or lions in the Pokémon world, with mechanics of the respective world applied to everyone. An even field, you know.
Yes. It's called Pyroar. But scaled to humans. Frankly, the level 40 I gave them was probably TOO MUCH compared to most pokemon. And they still lose to the pokemon with that.

Pokemon in the real world:
Basically, the legendaries make it not even a question. Multiple simultaneous apocalypses, some not even triggered from on earth, lions dead, pokemon win. Humans are also probably dead in this scenario. And the lions can't concentrate their power properly to stop them all; only a few will fit in the space to attack in the first place.

Lions in the Pokemon world:
Then Focus Sash and the like are not things that are common enough for them to get, and even so, that'd just drag it out. It'd be a HUGE slugfest, but eventually, the lions finally fall, ground down to nothing.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Pokemon are beings that are able to host supernatural powers and/or control the elements, we can't really expect them to function in the real world.

If you want, sure convert the 1 billion lions to 1 billion pyroars that can't use fire type moves.
They still get bodied by:

1. Palkia's Space Antics

2. Dialga's Time Antics

3. Kyogre can literally drown the entirety of the battlefield

4. As stated before, Yveltal just wins

5. Necrozma just eats the sun

6. Eternatus's Dynamax Antics

PP literally doesn't even come into play, these guys can just use these abilities at whim

Violet

hilarity ensues
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PP: Bro I stg if I have to read the stupid ass pp argument one more time I'm gonna hand myself over to a very hungry hippo. Wtf kind of pp did palkia use to open its rift? Wtf kind of pp does groudon use to manipulate the continental crust? I'll use Pokemon: The Rise of Darkrai as my source for this one, where you see Palkia create a rift in space to hide in, called a space between dimensions. (Also, Dialga was able to access this space at one point as well.) Not only does the pp argument fall here, but somehow I highly doubt lions can manipulate interdimensional space, or even access it. So what exactly are the lions doing to prevent Palkia from camping them out for all eternity?

Dex entries: Yeah, obviously some of these are nonsensical. But I don't think we even need the dex to prove how broken some of our mons are (Primals, Creation Trio being the main ones). The games and anime are perfectly fine indicators to show that each of these mons could solo a billion lions. Eternatus manually dmaxing whoever it wants makes literally any pokemon a threat, not to mention eternamax being untouchable by the lions, so it'll be free to do so the entire fight. We saw in the games that eternatus inflicted dmax has no time limit, so now those lions are dealing with colossal versions of some already colossal pokemon. Caterpie could roll down a hill and kill 50,000 lions in dmax, I think dmax Gyarados just wins by itself lmao

Edit: Also team lions has jayi you guys autolose

there is no way that lions have enough brain power or strength to deal with the big cosmic level strength pokemon or even most of the legendaries. what the fuck a lion gonna do to dialga? unless havi goes into the lab and infuses the lion with some chemical X that makes the powerpuff lions, there's no way a lion wins, and even if we have the powerpuff lions they aren't winning because there's still god, time dragon, space dragon, antimatter dragon, death bird, life deer, sea whale, ground lizard, smart science experiment, air dragon, aliens, interdimensional beings.

PP's just a game concept. It ain't real.
Pokewashed.

...Standard biting attacks are Dark-type, thus lions can hit Ghost-types...

...The question eventually becomes - "who would win in a fight - 990 millions of lions or the few legendaries with actual powers?" Ignoring the Pokédex fairy-tales which clash with everything shown in the anime, games, everything - lions will win.
Everyone else was operating under the rules of the OP, these 2 statements conflict with the rules outlined there

there is no way that lions have enough brain power or strength to deal with the big cosmic level strength pokemon or even most of the legendaries. what the fuck a lion gonna do to dialga? unless havi goes into the lab and infuses the lion with some chemical X that makes the powerpuff lions, there's no way a lion wins, and even if we have the powerpuff lions they aren't winning because there's still god, time dragon, space dragon, antimatter dragon, death bird, life deer, sea whale, ground lizard, smart science experiment, air dragon, aliens, interdimensional beings.

Pokewashed.
Could you link a powerpuff lion, that sounds quite intimidating

p0ip0le

it's a billion lions
the lions eat the game cartridges and win

• Lions Exist
  • Pokemon Don't
  • You'd be more scared of a lion than caterpie
lions arent real either

[...]

Pokewashed.
"Unlike other stats, PP has not been directly referenced in the anime. However, many Pokémon have been seen to have trouble using a specific move repeatedly, such as Ash's Pikachu's increasing weakness using Thunderbolt on Mewtwo's Poké Balls as they chased him down in Mewtwo Strikes Back.Additionally, Pokémon get visibly exhausted over the course of a battle, even if they don't take any hits. In Promoting Healthy Tangrowth!, Brock even straight out said that there is a limit to how many times Ash's Grotle would be able to use Synthesis." [Bulbapedia]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)