who would win in a fight- 1 billion lions or 1 of every pokemon (roughly 900)?

lions or pokemon?

• 1 billion lions

Votes: 43 17.4%
  • 1 of every pokemon

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • neither of them are real...

Votes: 26 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
there are giant lizards and aliens, correct, and some breath fire, including a giant time dragon and god, then, therefore, we would not treat them the same way as lions, correct?
Okay so let's say hypothetically this fight does take place. Okay, so we can agree this fight is indeed taking place now. We can now agree that this makes Pokemon 100% real for the argument because they are fighting lions which are real. Now let's say hypothetically that because Pokemon are real and fighting the lions that they need to create energy because they are living creatures. Okay so now that we've established that they are real and are fighting the lions and need some way to create the energy we can assume that they have a finite amount of energy. So because we've established that this fight is indeed taking place and Pokemon are real then we know that Pokemon must follow the laws of physics of our real world because this is indeed taking place on our earth. So, therefore, my argument stands that Pokemon have a finite amount of energy and energy somehow needs to make more of it in order to keep being alive. Thus, we can relate the Pokemon to how actual living beings create energy.

Volcarona literally acted as a replacement sun at one point. I don’t know the exact numbers and stuff, but it could probably take out a bunch of lions just by existing and flying too close to the ground. As far as I know, lions don’t know how to fly or throw stones, so it’ll probably survive okay...

For clarity,

No, I don't know how large a Billion is. I know about 1e9 and 1e12, but I don't know about a Billion. This is because there are two equally valid definitions of Billion.

And because I'm aware that both 1e9 and 1e12 are finite, I'm going to make another submission in the gaming spirit that any finite number can be reduced to zero.

A 5/12 passive damage per turn can be applied to the enemy field with the combination of Grass/Fire pledge, Sandstorm/Hail, and the Kanto starters' Gmax effect. This removes the enemy in 3 turns with no losses, using the Mat Block->Spotlight and King's Shield defensive strategy as previously.

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
honestly guys the lions could win i mean theres a billion of them and only like 900 pokemon the lions alone could just outnumber them

Segmr

El Bicho
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bro, it literally does not matter how many lions there'd be at all, it could be 10 billion and there'd still be no awnser whatsoever to a singular ghost pokemon, or even a flying pokemon that can stay up for long.

darkrai be like: oh you're killing mons. I will force you into collective naptime and be the only one awake.

1 billion is an unfathomable amount, but honestly, when dialga is roar of timing and controlling how fast this battle goes, it's not gonna be hard... Mons will probably take it.

The lions are atheists.
Also I love this part of your post ari...

Also Latios and Latias exist. Yep. They can fly. And go jet plane speed. Also lions face faster cat purugly. Also, Zeraora just murders lions. Electrocution while going at high speed. Also pokemon learn healing moves.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Bro, it literally does not matter how many lions there'd be at all, it could be 10 billion and there'd still be no awnser whatsoever to a singular ghost pokemon, or even a flying pokemon that can stay up for long.
The lions are typeless and possess typeless attacks. These attacks hit ghost types.

This question reminds me of the 1000 heartless fight in KH2. The game acts like it or other really numerous fights are hard but you rarely get hit and your MP recharge generally covers you in time to heal. So you could technically just go on forever and it wouldn't a problem.

But it's kind of fun to imagine what that would look like, cause I think it works similarly. A billion lions is a ridiculous area, but only so many can attack at a time and they just keep coming. Naively, even ignoring all the other broken stuff in this thread, you can probably imagine a number of pokemon at least as good at killing lions as Sora is at killing 1000 Heartless, and you can probably have them take shifts, eating lion meat and resting to regain energy or getting Heal Pulsed. You'd just have to endure (assuming the lions can eat and stuff and you don't just outlast them outright).

And if you can kill 1000 lions in 2 minutes (a common 1000 heartless time), then it should take you almost 4 years to kill them all. Epic? Harrowing? Difficult? Sure. But far from impossible, and that's pretty much the minimum I'd expect from the pokemon. They've got this in the bag.

Last edited:
This question reminds me of the 1000 heartless fight in KH2. The game acts like it or other really numerous fights are hard but you rarely get hit and your MP recharge generally covers you in time to heal. So you could technically just go on forever and it wouldn't a problem.

But it's kind of fun to imagine what that would look like, cause I think it works similarly. A billion lions is a ridiculous area, but only so many can attack at a time and they just keep coming. Naively, even ignoring all the other broken stuff in this thread, you can probably imagine a number pokemon at least as good at killing lions as Sora is at killing 1000 Heartless, and you can probably have them take shifts, eating lion meat and resting to regain energy or getting Heal Pulsed. You'd just have to endure (assuming the lions can eat and stuff and you don't just outlast them outright).

And if you can kill 1000 lions in 2 minutes (a common 1000 heartless time), then it should take you almost 4 years to kill them all. Epic? Harrowing? Difficult? Sure. But far from impossible, and that's pretty much the minimum I'd expect from the pokemon. They've got this in the bag.
Reminds me of my first playthrough of FE: 3 Houses. There's a cutscene where a massive bunch of soldiers shows up in the middle of a siege you're holding out on, and they're presence is treated as a major threat. All I could think of was that a competent Grappler (which I had incidentally built the main character to be) could hold a chokepoint indefinitely. Sufficiently high brawling skill gives access to free healing, and bare fists don't have a durability meter to exhaust. I guess that's what happens when you show a battle scene to someone who's here to play a strategy game.

p0ip0le

it's a billion lions
How and why does this topic even keep resurging lol.
It's a funny question, though, I guess.

Pokemon that solo win:
- Magcargo
- Camerupt
- Shedinja (Shedinja turns around, you lose your soul. Unless the lions somehow know this beforehand, the Pokemon can just put shedinja in a spot where he's nicely hidden from damage yet his back is visible.)
- no
- camerupt absolutely cannot reasonably produce enough lava to kill 1 billion lions
- do you seriously think lions have souls?

Pokemon that can reasonably win an attrition war on their own but it'd take shite long:
- Flying-types
- Levitate Pokemon
- Flame Body/Static/Poison Point Pokemon with Wish back-up
- !nds fly
flying-types/pokemon with the move fly can't fly forever, they'll eventually run out of energy; most levitating pokemon only levitate like 5 ft off the ground at most; flame body and its squad can't hit every lion reliably (and will anything survive 1 billion lions on top of it? no. only the ones closest to the pokemon will get flame bodied, and the rest could just crush it.)

Pokemon that can reasonably win an attrition war fairly fast:
- Dialga just warps time 1000 years ahead. Dead lions.
- Palkia just warps space and poof no lions.
- Arceus can create new Pokemon given he created the creation trio and whatnot.
- Giratina is literally hell incarnate.
- Yveltal drains anything's life force. So what it hurts the own team - it also drains the lions who have 0 recovery abilities.
- Alolan Ninetales, Abomasnow, Vanilluxe are chilling (hehe) in their areas, defended by Alolan Sandslash, Avalugg, and Glastrier respectively as their hail chips away at every lion in range of the hailstorm.
- Kyogre just drowns everyone
- Groudon just burns everyone
i already addressed all mentioned legendaries so: it's ice, sera, a lion wont die if it's being pelted by little balls of frozen water every so often

Pokemon that help other Pokemon perform even better:
- !nds helping hand
- Eternatus forces others to Dynamax/Gigantamax
- All Pokemon = all gens = back-row pursuit users prevent the lions from making this an attrition war instead of letting the lions fight in waves
- In psychic terrain, expanding force hits every enemy by reflecting off of the terrain. Indeedee and Tapu Lele say hi.
- By the concept of chain lightning, every rain setter + thunder user has a party
- Give Caterpie the high ground and let it rain string shots down. Pokemon can hit any part of the army, the lions can only fight in their encirclement ranks.
- Stealth Rocks + Spikes + Steel Surge (Eternatus helps Copperaja) means all lions lose 25+12.5+12.5 (50%) HP before even starting to fight. Every whirlwind user/roar user can spam the move and make them instantly KO when they try to join the fight again. All phase moves do the same.
- U-turn Pokemon just bop and back out, letting Ferrothorn, Druddigon, Garchomp, Togedemaru deal their rough skin/iron barbs damage for a short bit.
- you'd need half the pokemon (450) to use helping hand since it only affects 1 pokemon per use, and the lions could easily smack the shit out of those 450 while they're giving polite applause to their teammates
- can eternatus actually dynamax 900 pokemon because it only hit, what, 20 during that part of swsh's plot?
- the slowest mon with a terrain on the field would set it with a surge abil assuming no one uses the moves because they fucking suck. hi pincurchin!
- same concept with weather. also mray is there so instant weather wipe
- pokemon take entry hazard damage when they're sent out from a poke ball. lions don't have poke balls
- lions don't have a concept of taking turns

Things AOE Pokemon can do:
- !nds psych up + AOE move -> +6 for free and wipe them out
- Even if it doesnt kill them outright, surf drowns a lot of lions and turns the battlefield wet, something lions usually are not accustomed to, especially repetitively.
- Eruption and Water spout and Dragon's Maw are permanent 150 bp bc they get healed
- Regileki is literally so fast, how is he ever getting hit if he kills 1v1?
- Heal Pulse Pokemon can heal 500 specific Lions (targetting never fails in mons unless a move or ability is used) to ensure Leech Seed users can seed 500 different lions and just infinitely heal off every point of damage
a billion lions, can an AOE move kill a billion lions?

Reasons the lions might win:
- numbers go brr
there are, in fact, a billion lions

Reasons lions might not win:
- You literally need to nerf Pokemon in a hundred ways (no items? why? Typeless? why? Typeless damage? why?) to even remotely give them a chance, and even with that chance, they have no chance.
- no items was repealed a few pages back
- lions do not have types since they are not pokemon
- lions do not learn pokemon moves so they cannot do type-based damage

there are a billion lions, sera, they just win

nobody

ok maybe the pokemon because arceus has the ability to banish all of the lions from existence

i don't care that arceus doesn't have access to plates he is god so he is allowed to cheat

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Part I:
Alakazam has an IQ of 5000. This level of intelligence ought to be sufficient to allow it to convince anyone of anything using advanced logic.
In this position, Alakazam can convince Palkia and Dialga to set aside their differences and work together to win the war of attrition.
Part II:
According to google, a lion can go 14 days without eating. As such, the half-life of the lion horde is 14 days, since each lion must eat one other every 14 days in order to avoid dying of starvation.
Part III:
With Palkia and Dialga working together, they can create a large pocket dimension with a high time dilation factor, so that time passes faster in the universe outside of it than inside of it, and seal it off from the lions. All of the Pokemon can hide in this pocket dimension, using the time-dilation factor to minimize supply hoarding necessity.
Part IV:
Given that the lions have a half-life of 14 days, the population can be modeled by the formula L = 1000000000 * 0.5^(t/14) Using this, we can determine that after 247 days have passed, an arbitrarily chosen number of "manageable" lions, of 5000, will remain, having eaten all of their comrades.
Part V:
Our heroes emerge from their pocket dimension and mop up the pathetic survivors of the once glorious lion horde.

p0ip0le is badly

Last edited:

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Part I:
Alakazam has an IQ of 5000. This level of intelligence ought to be sufficient to allow it to convince anyone of anything using advanced logic.
In this position, Alakazam can convince Palkia and Dialga to set aside their differences and work together to win the war of attrition.
Part II:
According to google, a lion can go 14 days without eating. As such, the half-life of the lion horde is 14 days, since each lion must eat one other every 14 days in order to avoid dying of starvation.
Part III:
With Palkia and Dialga working together, they can create a large pocket dimension with a high time dilation factor, so that time passes faster in the universe outside of it than inside of it, and seal it off from the lions. All of the Pokemon can hide in this pocket dimension, using the time-dilation factor to minimize supply hoarding necessity.
Part IV:
Given that the lions have a half-life of 14 days, the population can be modeled by the formula L = 9000000000 * 0.5^(t/14) Using this, we can determine that after 209 days have passed, an arbitrarily chosen number of "manageable" lions, of 5000, will remain, having eaten all of their comrades.
Part V:
Our heroes emerge from their pocket dimension and mop up the pathetic survivors of the once glorious lion horde.

p0ip0le is badly
idk man, a billion is a pretty big number

levitating pokemon only levitate like 5 ft off the ground at most
bruh mewtwo soars into the air at will like a rocket ship, turns skyscrapers into rubble with its mind, doesn’t need to eat, and can teleport. Ban pokédex entries, and sure, maybe you have a chance, but there are too many pokémon that just solo the lions when accounting that.

idk man, a billion is a pretty big number
Half-lives make it a lot less big. Also, apocalyptic powers tend not to care about large numbers, except in the abstract "that's how much I destroyed" way.

So, for people arguing the pokemon will be fatigued to death: the lions will fall asleep from raw fatigue, and then since that's a natural sleep, not inflicted, Darkrai just floats around and they're all dead from Bad Dreams.

Again, ALL pokemon. Many legends are walking/flying/swimming APOCALYPSES. Groudon/Kyogre, Reshiram/Zeckrom, and Dialga/Palkia battles threatened creation or parts of it just as COLLATERAL. Then there's the IMMORTAL Xerneas and the infinitely-reborn Yveltal. Lions die just from being in proximity to the pokemon for long. And given how tanky some mons are, it will be a while.

Mons that solo the lions:
Dialga (time dimension, jump to after they all starve)
Palkia (space dimension, just lock them in a pocket reality and let them starve)
Giratina (distortion world, just smash some stuff and create a calamity in the center of the lions)
Arceus (own dimension)
Rayquaza (it can retreat to where the lions will suffocate even if they could ladder that high, which would just plain crush the bottom layers LONG before then)
Primal Groudon (plateaus itself to safety, then just destroys them by manipulating the crust / tectonics)
Most water types + Dragonite (retreat to deep waters and rest, where the lions will drown if they try to even get that far)
Mewtwo (remember that world-threatening storm from the first movie? Also he has plenty of retreat options)
The Cosmog final evolutions (Ultra Wormhole to safety)
Yes, most of them are legendary, but remember that's allowed. EDIT: except for most of the water types
EDIT: And that's just off the top of my head.

Others of note:
Ho-oh (It's a phoenix: infinite lives and can rez others)
Regigigas (moves CONTINENTS [EDIT 3: so it can just move the field around into something lethal to the lions])
Flying Types with ranged attack (attack until nearly tired, retreat to a nest out of lions' reach)

Yeah, a lot of pokemon will be eaten, sure. But some of them are so powerful, it takes other pokemon to subdue them. And with Ultra Wormholes, the weaker mons can mostly escape while the walking apocalpyses just destroy creation.

EDIT 2: since all media is in consideration, the anime showed quite a few things that just plain wins. 1 lion, 10, a thousand, a million, a billion, a trillion, a quadrillion... it just doesn't matter. It's hard for a mere part of the world to end a world-buster. And in the games alone: A single member of the Creation Trio was enough to remake the entire world, only stopped by either the Lake Trio or by another of the Creation Trio (Giratina in Platinum). The lions have no answer to that, and even if you assume the lions beat EVERYTHING else, there's a few hundred bodies in the way, given Dialga or Palkia plenty of time to remake it absent the lions.

EDIT 2: sure, plenty of Pokemon would lose if not for the greatest of them, but... ultimately, the divinities > any amount of lions, no matter how large. And quite a few of my math classes discussed various forms of infinity, so... yeah.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)