Why won't they make this a new Pokémon series?

If a new Pokemon series was created who would you want to be the protagonist?

• Total voters
According to serebii, there's some new anime being released in Japan called Pokémon: The Origin featuring Red and Green. Pictures are shown, and it seems promising. It's going to run starting October 2nd.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
According to serebii, there's some new anime being released in Japan called Pokémon: The Origin featuring Red and Green. Pictures are shown, and it seems promising. It's going to run starting October 2nd.
If so, OH SWEET GOD YES!
Link please.

Karxrida

A mature pokemon anime would have to be short and separate from the main series to work. It can't be held back by the limitations of what the main series is meant to do, such as introduce the basics.

For example, something like this:
Main character's parents want him/her to take up the family business and run their (insert) shop. Main character is a rebellious angsty teenager of 17ish though, and would rather do anything BUT that. One day he/she gets so fed up with their nagging that he/she buys some pokeballs and runs away from home. Thus begins the eye opening adventure of main character as he/she tries to make it on their own in the world of pokemon, learning a lot of things about him/herself along the way through trials and the relationships with his/her pokemon and eventually start to see that life isn't what they thought it was.
Bam. Struggling character who develops, and it's about Pokemon. Somebody print that, I want to watch it.
First of all, I'd like to say that the synopsis you've given is both simple and brilliant. The only thing that's missing here is the actual plot/conflict. I'd like to get this topic going again by asking if we can try to come up with a more detailed plot to go with this beautiful summary Chaos wrote up. I personally feel like our protagonist should discover some plot by an evil force/team/group/whatever who are trying to, you guessed it, take over the world (OF COURSE!!!). The rival, if there is one, should be antagonistic and actually be evil (instead of just a douche) and either be part of the evil plot to take over the world or be part of a separate evil group or something. I dunno.

Also, I'd appreciate giving our protagonist a definite love interest instead of enough shipping material to fill out a crap ton of pages on Bulbapedia*. It's not necessary to the plot, but it's nice to see our main hero happy (before you ask, I'm male, BTW) and it gives him/her a "reason" to fight said evil, if need be.

*They honestly have different pages for individual ships. WTF.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Considering the preview covers everything from Oak to the battle with Champion Green, the answer is liberal time skips
Interests me how they jam every single gym battle/ elite 4 in one single episode.
Or maybe they don't include every gym.

Oh NOOOOOOO.... don't tell me that Lorelei's not going to be in it *cries*

Interests me how they jam every single gym battle/ elite 4 in one single episode.
Or maybe they don't include every gym.

Oh NOOOOOOO.... don't tell me that Lorelei's not going to be in it *cries*
It's probably going to be primarily Getting the Starters, rival battle (?), Brock, ~MONTAGE~, entering the indigo plataeu/e4, brief montage of beating the first three, lance battle, final rival battle (which will probably be condensed to just fighting Blastoise)

I'm guessing the thing will be an hour or so, not 30 minutes.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
It's probably going to be primarily Getting the Starters, rival battle (?), Brock, ~MONTAGE~, entering the indigo plataeu/e4, brief montage of beating the first three, lance battle, final rival battle (which will probably be condensed to just fighting Blastoise)

Ya, should make a lot more sense if it's for an hour.

It defiantly going to be more than one episode.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Just a random thought, since im getting my hopes high for no reason so i want someone to tell me im wrong (or support me, please? :]). Maybe they are setting up in a similar way marvel-cinematic verse? They could do this with EVERY game protagonist, of course some, like Dawn, or Gold, would take longer than a couple of hours prolly, then they could either join them all in a super kawai desu epic movie, or just make a new protagonist that gets to know all of them in his journey. Anybody like this idea and think its possible?

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a random thought, since im getting my hopes high for no reason so i want someone to tell me im wrong (or support me, please? :]). Maybe they are setting up in a similar way marvel-cinematic verse? They could do this with EVERY game protagonist, of course some, like Dawn, or Gold, would take longer than a couple of hours prolly, then they could either join them all in a super kawai desu epic movie, or just make a new protagonist that gets to know all of them in his journey. Anybody like this idea and think its possible?
That may just turn out beautifully. It would be great if they could pull it off but knowing the Pokemon Company.. I doubt they'll give us what we want. I mean it took them this long to realize that we wanted this.

In general, the protagonist annoys the hell out of both of us for hitting the reset button every season. We doubt anyone will miss him. Any newbie would make a more believable newbie than him. I guess the one who has made his current female side-kick the Champion of Unova in the games' continuity had the intention to troll the anime hard.

Thoughts on filler: They aren't inherently bad. Even seemingly superfluous stuff can have good entertainment value, as long as they manage to wrap things up in an interesting fashion while the audience is free to miss a few episodes without getting cut off the continuity - for example, Detective Conan consists mostly of filler. What makes Pokemon filler that bad is that they usually follow a strict pattern with very little thematical variation.
Pokemon has a lot of trivia as backup. What if they pull off very dialogue-heavy stuff with lots of talk and low action for filler? Kinda like Star Trek, but with Pokemon. Some people may argue that children nowadays get bored when things don't go boom, but we want to disagree. Unfortunately, I have no basis for that claim but personal opinion - my sister, at least, is part of the target audience and is free to mock the anime as much as she want.

Karxrida

While I like your idea, the problem is (for me at least) is that it'll probably share its universe with the current anime, and I don't give a damn about any of the current anime's characters.
In general, the protagonist annoys the hell out of both of us for hitting the reset button every season. We doubt anyone will miss him. Any newbie would make a more believable newbie than him. I guess the one who has made his current female side-kick the Champion of Unova in the games' continuity had the intention to troll the anime hard.

Thoughts on filler: They aren't inherently bad. Even seemingly superfluous stuff can have good entertainment value, as long as they manage to wrap things up in an interesting fashion while the audience is free to miss a few episodes without getting cut off the continuity - for example, Detective Conan consists mostly of filler. What makes Pokemon filler that bad is that they usually follow a strict pattern with very little thematical variation.
Pokemon has a lot of trivia as backup. What if they pull off very dialogue-heavy stuff with lots of talk and low action for filler? Kinda like Star Trek, but with Pokemon. Some people may argue that children nowadays get bored when things don't go boom, but we want to disagree. Unfortunately, I have no basis for that claim but personal opinion - my sister, at least, is part of the target audience and is free to mock the anime as much as she want.
I actually do remember watching a legitimately good filler episode with little to no action back in the Battle Frontier era. I don't remember what it was called, but it involved May and Meowth time travelling. While that SOUNDS stupid (and it kinda is), what they did with it was really interesting and actually kind of mature. I'd go into detail, but I already have difficulty translating my thoughts into written words. When I get my thoughts together, I'll post the synopsis of that episode.

Edit: Found the episode, it's called Time Warp Heals All Wounds. I personally think the Regeneration, Restoration, and Heal spells are better for curing shit (Dungeons and Dragons references FTW). Here's the link to the Bulbapedia page on it. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/AG157

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)