Why won't they make this a new Pokémon series?

If a new Pokemon series was created who would you want to be the protagonist?

• Total voters
I think this should be a new anime series because it is more exciting and has more action than the present anime.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Am i too late?

.... i heard Red and i was like #drunkNaruto. On the other hand, Mewtwo is appearing, i wonder how much they can do in 2 hours.

I'd be interested in a series taking place in the Pokemon World that isn't focused around the quest for eight badges. That's what we have the games for. There's a lot of untapped potential in the world itself. We don't need another bad shonen; that's what the manga's already for.

Am i too late?

.... i heard Red and i was like #drunkNaruto. On the other hand, Mewtwo is appearing, i wonder how much they can do in 2 hours.
According to posters on Bulbagarden, there's a website update that says the whole thing is going to be divided into four chapters - "Red", "Cubone", "Giovanni", and "Charizard". Looks like it'll cover the beginning of the journey, the Lavender Town/Pokemon Tower arc, Red vs. Giovanni, and the Champion League + meeting Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave. I'm totally looking forward to it, even though I'm not sure when I'll be able to see it.

I'd be interested in a series taking place in the Pokemon World that isn't focused around the quest for eight badges. That's what we have the games for. There's a lot of untapped potential in the world itself. We don't need another bad shonen; that's what the manga's already for.
I'd love an anthology series that deals with different characters throughout the Pokemon World. It could just meander through the lives of a bunch of people who live and work with Pokemon and all the stuff they go through in this bizarre land of dragons, kid-snatching ghosts, and psychic cats. There's so much material here - have one episode deal with how exactly fossils get reanimated. What are the moral ramifications of this? Could it work on anything, not just stuff that's been dead for tens of millions of years? How about what goes on inside a Pokeball? How do ghosts fit into the metaphysics of this universe? Some of this stuff might remove the "mystique" of the games, and I know I'm not doing anything other than making myself look like a huge dork for even bringing it up, but I get the feeling that people would be generally interested in stuff like seeing some guy trying to be a gym leader or something while giving us more insight on just how that process works.

The best part is that since it would be dealing with the same type of "pokemon journey" seen in every other adaptation is that it could comfortably run alongside the current series without stepping on its proverbial toes. It might even be able to bring back side characters we haven't seen in forever (whatever happened to that samurai kid...), even if that wouldn't be the major selling point.

I personally would take somebody new. We players are already familiar with all the previous avatars...If Nintendo ever wanted to create an edgier, darker Pokemon series (a la Pokemon Colosseum), it's best to go with a new protagonist to put everybody who's watching it - the casual viewer to the hardcore Trainer - at the same level :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)