Gengar @ Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
6 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd
Ability: Levitate
- Hypnosis
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

My lead. Hypnosis is for putting threats to sleep. Focus Blast for Tyranitar, Weavile and friends, Shadow Ball for yet more STAB and coverage over Psychics and Ghosts, and Thunderbolt for Gyarados.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
6 HP, 252 Spd, 252 Atk
Ability: Steadfast
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

My SDLuke. Close Combat for STAB, Swords Dance for Attack stat bonuses to help with the sweeping capabilities. ExtremeSpeed to take down things when I am going to die anyways, and Crunch for psychics and ghosts. This is more of a late game sweeper - to finish off the opposing team when all major threats are KO'd.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Ability: Intimidate
- Pursuit
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Brave Bird

Many people, when they see this, think "Oh, It's Scarfed or Banded". That's the only problem. Prediction. Pursuit is for the obvious switch-outs, Close Combat for Mamoswine and Weavile, U-Turn for sticky situations, and Brave Bird for STAB and power. KO on Infernape and Machamp.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
80 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk, 176 Spd
Ability: Flash Fire
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

My main sweeper. Dragon Pulse is obviously for the Dragons, but only when i predict their switch in. I'd normally switch in something else against the Dragons, anyways. Hidden Power [Ice] helps against Dragons. Fire Blast gets STAB and kills Skarm, Bronzong, and the Magnezone thinking they can trap me and survive a hit to Hidden Power [Ground] me. Explosion for if the situation is getting a bit sticky.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
252 HP, 6 Atk, 252 Def
Ability: Leaf Guard
- Power Whip
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Stun Spore

Gyarados counter. The key is to Knock Off first, normally removing Leftovers or Life Orb. Then Substitute, and after that Stun Spore to paralyze it. Then, switch out, or Power Whip to death. To help with HP recovery, I have Lefties, and:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
188 HP, 252 Def, 68 Sp.Atk
Ability: Water Absorb
- Wish
- Surf
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Electric]

My supporter. Vappy gives me the infamous WishPass ability, allowing easy HP recovery access to my team. This is really important, so my main sweepers don't go down in a bang. EV spread allows total Leftovers recovery, and brings it's HP up to around a massive 460. Surf gets STAB and takes out Tyranitar, and Hidden Power [Electric] for Gyarados.

Here's a type effectiveness board:

Credit to www.pokemonelite2000.com and www.arkeis.com for the images.

SU

My last team wasn't working well, at all. I decided to make a new team.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Scizor @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
56 HP, 200 Atk, 252 Spd
Ability: Technician
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Night Slash
- Quick Attack

Good for hurting things like Magnezone, Skarmory, Cresselia and Starmie. The extra HP makes it have a much better chance of surviving against Deoxys-S, and therefore having a better chance of killing it, too. 200 Atk is all that is needed, as Swords Dance does most of the boosting anyways. Quick Attack for total ownage, Night Slash for the latter, and Brick Break for the Steel family, and Tyranitar.

Nice. I like the Swords Dance + Quick Attack idea. Fine as it is.

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Nature: Quiet
252 HP, 190 Sp. Atk, 68 Spd
Ability: Sand Stream
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Focus Punch

Overall, this Tyraniboah is great. Allows loads of type coverage, including the infamous SubPunch combo. Dark Pulse hurts quite a lot this metagame, so it is definately included. Thunderbolt > Ice Beam, for the plain reason of Gyarados Taunting me, and having nothing to destroy it with.

Focus Sash + Substitute = Fail. Change Focus Sash to something better, maybe Chople Berry or Leftovers. Otherwise, fine.

Ambipom @ Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Ability: Technician
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace

Jolly for outspeeding threats. Aerial Ace is a brilliant option on this lil' monkey - it takes down Infernape, and sometimes even OHKO's it. Fake Out first on Nape though, just to ensure a KO. U-turn is for some damage and a switch if things are getting sticky. Brick Break for Steels and Weavile.

Life Orb is better for Ambipom. Either that or Silk Scarf.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Nature: Hasty
80 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk, 176 Spd
Ability: Flash Fire
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Overheat
- Explosion

My main sweeper. Dragon Pulse is obviously for the Dragons, but only when i predict their switch in. I'd normally switch in something else against the Dragons, anyways. Hidden Power [Electric] helps against those stupid Water types that think they can switch in on me, and annihilates Gyarados. Fire Blast gets STAB and kills Skarm, Bronzong, and the Magnezone thinking they can trap me and survive a hit to Hidden Power [Ground] me. Explosion for if the situation is getting a bit sticky.

Fire Blast over Overheat. Otherwise, fine. Oh, and change Life Orb to Choice Scarf.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
168 HP, 120 Def, 220 SpD
Ability: Thick Fat
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Earthquake

Aah, Curselax. In my eyes, this is one of the best walls in the game. I've never used this before however. Does this set look okay? Curse because this set isn't called Curselax without Curse. Body Slam for STAB and the hax rate of Paralysis. Rest for recovery, and Earthquake for those pesky Infernape's that think they can switch in on me.

Very nice.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
212 HP, 252 Def, 44 Sp.Atk
Ability: Own Tempo
- Slack Off
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Why this moved down to BL i do not know. Slowbro is confusion resistant, and has a great recovery move - Slack Off. Grass Knot kills Swampert and Quagsire, which has been seing a lot of play recently. Ice Beam for the Dragons, and Surf for Infernape and friends. Great Bulky Water.

I don't normally see Slowbro, but your set looks fine.

Credit to www.pokemonelite2000.com and www.arkeis.com for the images.

--SU--
As far as I can see, a Scarfchomp tears through this team. Earthquake hits Scizor, Heatran, and Tyranitar, and Outrage can hit the other 3 very hard. Otherwise, a very nice team all-around.

I have a few minor nitpicks with this team, but nothing major really.

First off, I would like to question Lum Berry on Gengar. No doubt that it probably has saved you sometimes, but there are better items out there. Gengar are usually fast sleep leads anyway, so usually other sleeping leads will be asleep before it.A better item would be Focus Sash, as it temporarily takes away Gengars biggest problem, it's frailty, and you will usually take out one third of an opponents team with it (1. Hypnosis, 2. 2HKO on counter which is very likely).

I'm not sure I like the Heatran's moveset, but thats just kind of a personal preference. You don't really need HP electric, since Vaporeon has Water Absorb and can come in and heal itself, and without HP Electric, you should use HP Ice instead of Dragon Pulse for more coverage against Ground types who scare Heatran.

Also, there are better Choice Band abusers than Staraptor. You could try Band Chomp, and see how that works for you. I don't know who to suggest for a replacement Choice Bander.

Other wise its a nice, well thought, solid team and I have nothing else to say.

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
For heatran definately go modest > Hasty. The only extra thing you really get is swellow and weavile. Not a big deal specialy since you get a ton more power on overheat.

Life orb on techpom

HP electric over protect i geuss on vappy, hes really more of a gyara counter than tangrowth is.

Otheriwse pretty good.

EDIT: yes go with meta Adamant over jolly on luke all day i missed that good find meta.

I have some suggestions.

Leech Seed over Substitute on Tangrowth. It'll keep you alive much longer, and provides support if you want to switch.

I too think, Wide Lens or Life Orb on Gengar.

Also, Adamant over Jolly on Lucario. It allows you to OKHO Infernape with Extreme Speed, which is why you can still attack first KOing Azelf as well.

Tangrowth
Leech Seed over Substitute, definitely.

Gengar
Life Orb for more damage
Wide Lens for more Hypnosis accuracy.

I prefer an Adamant Luke cause it would OHKO some Pokes with Extremespeed.

And maybe HP Ice over HP Electric.

Hope I helped.

The only thing I question is Focus Blast for Weavile. How are you going to hit Weavile when it will undoubtably go first with Night Slash and OHKO you? Maybe you were just listing common Darks? I think others, like mine, also run Focus Sash on lead Weavile.

Consider Psychic on Slowbro to counter Infernape and Heracross. If they aren't carrying Grass Knot and use missed Megahorn respectively.

Other than that, your team looks fine.

Don't you think HP Ice and Dragon Pulse is a bit redundant on Heatran? I would probably change one or the other to Earth Power for extra coverage as nothing resists Dragon/Fire/Ground and Ice/Ground/Fire also provides great coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)