Wii U vs. Playstation 4 vs. Xbox One

Which gaming console do you like the most?

• Total voters

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Honestly, and I had to guess I'd wager most people feel the same, but the single biggest if not only factor involved in my console selection is exclusives. I got the Wii U because I was not going to miss Sonic Lost Worlds on launch day, and I'll secure an Xbox One at some point when Halo 5 is announced. I can imagine many people choosing Play Station 4 for Uncharted 4/Wii U for Mario. So, my question to everyone is, do any of you value system specifications more than exclusives/brand loyalty?

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'll be getting the xbox one and maybe a wii u when it has some more games. I find ps4 to have the worst exclusives of the 3 with xbox having the best. The main problem I have is that I love some of the exclusives that only the wii u will get like mario kart/super smash/zelda but it's just such a shitty console in comparison to the other two which is why I'm still not even sure I'll get one for those exclusives that I like so much.

System specs only go so far when determining a choice personally. The xb1 and ps4 are so similar in specs that it really makes no difference while both are way ahead of the wii u. I think the main factors in console purchases is what are your friends getting, the exclusives and maybe even controllers, I personally hate ps/wii controllers and I know a lot of people usually have strong preferences here as well.

Honestly, and I had to guess I'd wager most people feel the same, but the single biggest if not only factor involved in my console selection is exclusives. I got the Wii U because I was not going to miss Sonic Lost Worlds on launch day, and I'll secure an Xbox One at some point when Halo 5 is announced. I can imagine many people choosing Play Station 4 for Uncharted 4/Wii U for Mario. So, my question to everyone is, do any of you value system specifications more than exclusives/brand loyalty?
theres barely any differences in hardware between the ps4 and xbone, but ill be getting the ps4 because i like little big planet and uncharted more than halo plus the controller is sexier

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I pretty much want the wii u for the new smash bros that is going to come out. Prob would get a ps4 eventually too for all the games. sucks it isnt backwards compatible tho.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
From my understanding, the different processors used would make it cheaper to just buy a ps3 and ps4 than buying one that can run both.

I'll buy a wiiu when either smash or smtxfe comes out. Also I'll buy whatever it takes to play Persona 5 (announcement soo close...) which probably will be a ps3, seeing as I no longer have one and it will let me play some other exclusives I never got to.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
System specs aren't a very big deal to me. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want a brand-new console with specs equivalent to a Commodore 64, but if the specs were equivalent to something from a generation earlier, I wouldn't mind too much.

Exclusives have always been the deciding factor for me. Right now I prefer Nintendo exclusives (Mario, Smash Bros., Legend of Zelda, etc.) so I prefer Wii U, but once Gran Turismo 7 comes out (GT6 is being released on the PS3 instead of PS4) I'll be spending the money to get a PS4. I have a massive distaste for Microsoft and as such, I avoid anything Xbox. But my bias against Microsoft aside, I would never consider spending $500 on any console for any reason, especially when I could get a PS4 for $100 less (the Xbox One will probably see a price cut eventually, yes, but every console eventually gets a price cut)

your comparison pic is incredibly outdated especially in regards to the xb1, and the ps4 does not support analog output. find a final version or remove it altogether.

I already have a Wii U which has been servicing me pretty well so far. Seriously, off-TV play is fucking amazing. I didn't really want a PS4 or an Xbox One at launch cause I think their launch line-ups are shit, but my sister asked me yesterday if I wanted a PS4 or an Xbox One for Christmas. I told her PS4 cause it's a bit cheaper and there's a higher chance it'll get an exclusive I can give a shit about.

I have a deal going with two of my close friends where the three of us will each purchase the consoles from one company. In the end, we'll all end up playing on all of them, so luckily for me I really don't have to choose. And ALSO luckily for me, I'm the biggest Nintendo nerd of the group, so I get the Nintendo consoles. Less cash out of my pocket! :afrostar:

I'll eventually get a Wii U when Smash Bros comes out (and play catch up on the Mario titles then). Probably more likely to get a PS4 over Xbone as my brother owns PS4 (so nice to have someone to play with), but as I have a pretty high quality gaming PC that's probably at least as powerful as the consoles, it would have to be some pretty compelling exclusives to consider a system besides Wii U.

What a surprise, Nintendo's console is by far the most popular on a website devoted to one of its biggest franchises...

Tbh if I got one it would be the Wii U, but for me at the moment Pikmin 3 is the only thing I could see myself playing (and IMO 2 was far less fun than 1, so if the trend continues it may be a disappointment). OBVIOUSLY hyped for Smash Bros but it's still a long way off - even the name hasn't been announced yet.

I already have a Wii U which has been servicing me pretty well so far. Seriously, off-TV play is fucking amazing. I didn't really want a PS4 or an Xbox One at launch cause I think their launch line-ups are shit, but my sister asked me yesterday if I wanted a PS4 or an Xbox One for Christmas. I told her PS4 cause it's a bit cheaper and there's a higher chance it'll get an exclusive I can give a shit about.
Tell your sister. It's a lot of money for her to spend on something you don't want that much.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Tell your sister. It's a lot of money for her to spend on something you don't want that much.
It's not like it's something he'll never want. A free console is a free console, I wouldn't even turn down an Xbone if I could get one for free.

It's not like it's something he'll never want. A free console is a free console, I wouldn't even turn down an Xbone if I could get one for free.
My sister didn't ask me if I wanted a new console. She asked me what new console I wanted. The way I see it, if she's willing to be this generous, I'll gladly take the console. A little extra graphical fidelity in my multiplatform games never hurts.

your comparison pic is incredibly outdated especially in regards to the xb1, and the ps4 does not support analog output. find a final version or remove it altogether.
Wii U also got a price cut iirc, and I'm not even sure if the basic version remains on the market.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Im still stuck on the ps2 buying all those old $5 games in the bargain bins, once upon a time all those games were $50+.

Still would get an xbox one if i had to choose one as most people that i know play xbox over playstation (I think this is the desciding factor for most people as really theres not much differance between ps4 and xbox 1.....)

I think we all know what the real next gen choice is

I'm getting the PS4 later this month though and knowing my family we'll probably get the Xbone soon. Out of all the consoles though I'm looking forward to Smash 4 the most.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Still would get an xbox one if i had to choose one as most people that i know play xbox over playstation (I think this is the desciding factor for most people as really theres not much differance between ps4 and xbox 1.....)
I assume you mean they play xbox 360... even my little brother's group of friends abandoned ship for the PS4 this generation. And my little brother suffered 3 red rings just to have that install base.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)